English Premier League fans?

InfernoOrangeSS

So the spots for Europe next season are settled, with the exception of one remaining Europa League spot and Liverpool's Europa League final. Manchester United will play their game against Bournemouth Tuesday. Lose and they finish 6th. Draw or win, 5th. Either way both United and Southampton qualify for the Europa League.

West Ham, at 7th in the table, is holding out hope that United beats Crystal Palace in the FA Cup final. United wins, Hammers are the last Europa League qualifier.

Liverpool will qualify for the Champions League with a win over Sevilla in the Europa League final.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game at Old Trafford delayed 45 minutes due to a suspicious package found in the stadium. Everyone else is underway.

United's game has been ABANDONED. Dang.

Turned out to be a prop for bombing drills. There will be hell to pay on this one.

United knocked off Bournemouth 3-1. United finishes 5th. So ends the premier league season, and what a fun one it was!

No Europe for Liverpool next year. Fell 3-1 to Sevilla yesterday.

FA Cup Final in 3 hours.

Great final so far. 1-1 about to enter the second period of extra time. United are a man down.

2-1 United in a great final. West Ham are going to the Europa League next year.

No Europe for Liverpool next year. Fell 3-1 to Sevilla yesterday.

FA Cup Final in 3 hours.

Yeah, that sucked. Going to be tough pulling transfers knowing no Euro for them.

Atletico and Real Madrid are going to penalties.

Good thing. I was getting sick of watching Pepe act like getting touched caused excruciating pain.

• 2 months later...

Premier League is back today! 

Leicester off to a poor start with a shocking 2-1 loss to newly promoted Hull. Man City knocked off Sunderland 2-1. West Bromwich knocked off Crystal Palace 1-0. Swansea knocked off newly promoted Burnley 1-0. Newly promoted Middlesbrough drew with Stoke 1-1. Tottenham drew with Everton 1-1. Watford drew with Southampton 1-1. 

Gunners open tomorrow with Liverpool. Manchester United opens with Bournemouth. 

Chelsea opens with West Ham on Monday. 

United cruising to what will likely be a comfy 3-1 win. Rooney and Zlatan scored goals in the second half. Zlatan's was impressive from 25 yards out. 

Wish I could have watched Liverpool's win over the gunners. I had to go get something for my wife at halftime, but with a score of 4-3, it sounds like I missed a good one. 

I missed all the scoring. I wish I could have seen it too. 

And Chelsea knocks off West Ham 2-1. Table after week 1.

05C08EAC-7A3C-4E4A-9EFD-74E312698588_zps

Looking forward to a good year!  I too missed that Liverpool game, sadly.   Can't wait to see them this year!

YNWA!!

Liverpool v. Burnley is the showcase on NBCSN for those free to switch over.

And I step away for 10 minutes to do dishes and wouldn't you know it, Burnley scores against the run of play in the 37th minute. Whatever.

Liverpool absolutely dominating on possession and shots. When Burnley does get the ball the fast breaks with Andre Gray are killing them. He's pacey and difficult to get a handle on. 

Liverpool bringing on Moreno and Grujic for Lallana and Millner. Trying to find a spark.

Chelsea found theirs and are now up 2-1. 90th minute on this one. Remains 2-0.

Archived