English Premier League fans?

InfernoOrangeSS

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the halfway point, Leicester City in first with IMO average talent and Villa deep in relegation territory with decent talent & depth are both stunning. Good to see the team I routed for in high school (Crystal Palace of the 1970's) holding their own again.

I'm still bitter about Chelsea dropping Cech - I know they're dreading being in my doghouse.

At the halfway point, Leicester City in first with IMO average talent and Villa deep in relegation territory with decent talent & depth are both stunning. Good to see the team I routed for in high school (Crystal Palace of the 1970's) holding their own again.

I'm still bitter about Chelsea dropping Cech - I know they're dreading being in my doghouse.

Couldn't agree more about LC.

Villa is a bit less surprising to me, since I feel like they lost some good players and have had too much turmoil at manager recently. What is surprising to me is just how far below every other team they are.

I will still be watching BPL games this season; however, I think Liverpool need to focus on winning the Capital One Cup and the Europa League (the latter of which is likely our only chance to achieve a Champions League spot next season).

We're essentially, though not mathematically, out of the running for top 4 in the League.

Given that, I hope Klopp will do a better job of using the League to find out for certain what he's got with certain players, like Benteke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Man City fan here and my home club the Birmingham Hammers!!

You deserved that win in the Capital One Cup final. Dang Mignolet letting in an easy goal, making some great saves, then doing nothing during PKs. Your goalie was amazing.

Liverpool's only shot now is to win the Europa League. Next up, a match with Man United.

• 3 weeks later...

And...another nice win for Liverpool (over Norwich). 5-4, 2 goals in injury time. Whiney former Dortmund German coach notwithstanding.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG!

Did you just see that Origi goal?!? Wow!

Got a cool 109,000,000 transfer fee 6 seasons into my career mode for him in FIFA 16. :cool:

Chelsea getting s***stomped 3-0 by City today. Courtois sent off. Season has been a nightmare for the defending champs.

yep oh well >:(

You should join me on the Leicester bandwagon.

Speaking of Leicester, they just saved a point against West Ham on a 95th minute penalty.. Vardy had been sent off for diving.

Leicester didn't do themselves any favor even before vardy went out. You could see the goal coming for west ham after they put Carroll in. The CB's for Leicester weren't going to be able to hold up against the hammers for an entire half with no other "bigs".

I didn't see the last 10 minutes or so. The pk for west ham ... You could see that one coming also. The ref never reprimanded the west ham players before corners ... Only Leicester

As Anita Bryant would say, Everton without Tim Howard is like a day without sunshine. ;) Seriously, Everton's D has been that mediocre for years but Tim was its Band-Aid so since he started becoming less than awesome with age, the D has been exposed. It will be nice to have Tim H. stateside, even if it's all the way out in Colorado. Liverpool allowing a German head coach is a sign of the Apocalypse - or that it's caught up to the 1990s.

Sturridge put Liverpool up with an excellent 2nd minute trap, turn and strike from the top of the area off a free kick.

Free kick was from midfield and they caught Newcastle napping.

Newcastle fighting like wildcats to stave off relegation. Hard fought draw.

Bad draw for Arsenal against Sunderland. Pulls Sunderland out of the relegation zone and drops Norwich into it on goal diff.

Archived