Emailing Pres. Richardson

jared52

I just emailed AU President Ed Richardson this:

"Subject: It's Time For You to Step Up"

I hope you are as sick as I am about the fact that Auburn is not going to be in the Orange Bowl. It's a huge injustice that the best team in the best conference in the country will not get a chance to play in the National Championship game. It's just wrong. But here is where you come in. Since you arrived at Auburn you've instituted sweeping changes, some of which I didn't agree with. If it gets us out of hot water with SACS, then fine. Now it's your turn to institute sweeping change in college football. My understanding is that the college presidents are the ones who are stopping a playoff system from happening. It's ludicrous that we can't come up with an 8-team playoff to determine the real national champion.

My question to you is, what's your feeling on all this? Can you, as a university president, do anything to fix this problem? Do you even care?

Sincerely,

Jared L. Wilkinson

AU Class of 1999"

Doubt it will do any good... but the presidents are as much at fault for no playoffs as the BCS people.

It is my understanding that Richardson never said anything directly to Tuberville about winning the West, although he did put out some good words internal to Auburn U.

As president, he needs to publically support Coach Tuberville and his assistant coaches. Has anyone seen any comments from Richardson about the good job Tuberville and his staff are doing posted in your respective hometown newspapers? I havent seen any in the Bham. papers.

If you email Richardson, you may ask him why he won't go public with his support? Is he under control of some on the BOT?

I did email him and received a somewhat terse answer. Another person I know never received an answer.

Lets get the situation right at Auburn before we worry about anything else!

The fact that Tuberville clearly stated that he was AGAINST a college football playoff probably means that Richardson is against it too. Tuberville said it would be too demanding on the players, because of the Finals taken in December.

Well the could scrap 2 of the 4 out of conference games most teams play since they don't mean much anyway.

129415[/snapback]

Those ooc games are mostly home games that generate much needed $$$$ for the University.

Well even if you scraped the two games ooc you would still have games but they would be just be part of the playoff system which revenue would be added. This way they wouldn't really be adding many games to the end of the year schedule.

Archived