Planning A War Eagle Nation Forum Meet In NOLA

JetaTek

When Would You Most Prefer A WEN Forum Meet For The Sugar Bowl?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When Would You Most Prefer A WEN Forum Meet For The Sugar Bowl?

• Saturday Afternoon (January 1)
    • Saturday Evening (January 1)
    • Sunday Afternoon (January 2)
    • Sunday Evening (January 2)
    • Monday Afternoon (January 3)

I thought the Sugar Bowl event would be a good opportunity for all of us to meet each other since it seems many of you all are going to be making the trek down to New Orleans. Nothing formal, just getting together to have a few drinks and talk football. I was thinking maybe a bar on Decatur St., but I'm open to suggestions if people would prefer to meet elsewhere. If January 1 seems to be the preferable option, there's a nice sports bar downstairs in the Hyatt Regency hotel by the Superdome where we could watch a bowl game on a 15 foot projection screen. It's up to you guys though. Let me know which day/time you'd prefer. :)

How about Rick's on Bourbon Street. I hear the drinks are great and the scenery is fantastic!

131223[/snapback]

Funny. ;)

I'll be glad to meet some folks, just say when and where?(and probably how to get there) :D

Where the hat in your sig pic and you should be easy to spot.

On the thread about who is going to the Sugar Bowl somebody there mentioned having suites at the homwood hilton near the superdome. Maybe we could all meet there the day of the game. Of course I wouldnt expect the guy to feed us all and liquor us all up for free, but by reading that thread it appears that some folks will be meeting there.

Looks like Monday is going to be able to accomadate the most people. I'm sure many of you will want to go check out the Sugar Bowl Fan Jam taking place at the Supderome at 4:00PM that day, so how does 1:00PM on Monday sound for everybody? Location can still be determined.

How about Rick's on Bourbon Street. I hear the drinks are great and the scenery is fantastic!

131223[/snapback]

I have heard other people talk about Rick's, is that a strip bar?

131223[/snapback]

I have heard other people talk about Rick's, is that a strip bar?

133145[/snapback]

Yeah, it's a strip club.

See the sticky note above. A few of us are planning on meeting there before the game.

133159[/snapback]

Doh, I totally missed that. I guess I should actually look at the sticky threads instead of just ignoring them. :P

Is that gonna be cool with you? You were the one that started the idea and put us out a visitor's guide and everything. If you can't make that maybe some of us can meet up earlier somewhere?

Is that gonna be cool with you? You were the one that started the idea and put us out  a visitor's guide and everything. If you can't make that maybe some of us can meet up earlier somewhere?

133169[/snapback]

Oh yeah, this idea works out great. I was just suggesting somewhere like a bar because I wasn't anticipating anyone having the ability to have a venue like a hotel suite to host everyone. I'll see you guys at the Homewood Suites. :)

Careful there jaydubb...I am certain I could coax a picture of you from your lovelly bride. :D:P

Ok, I am meeting WarTim rain or shine.

Get your old butt down to New Orleans

131085[/snapback]

"Old butt"? ME? :big:

I will be there. Looking forward to it ! ! ! B)

Great!  Anyone who would post a pic of themselves in that hat deserves to be met.

133196[/snapback]

You can't take life too seriously. :lol:

Great!  Anyone who would post a pic of themselves in that hat deserves to be met.

133196[/snapback]

You can't take life too seriously. :lol:

133210[/snapback]

You're right there. It's only temporary.

Archived