Lou Holtz just picked the Gamecocks to upset Auburn

AUbritt

Lou is only on there for entertainment purposes. No one should ever take him seriously anymore. He reads a script and gets people talking about games and ESPN.

Furthermore, there are few "analysts" even worth paying attention to. Especially on ESPN. They are there to drive ratings, create controversy, and drum up "news".

This. Lou is there for entertainment purposes and his resume is what got him there years ago, but now it is just entertainment. The script is always set up for him and Mark May to be the yen-yang on any given topic, just to get people talking and tuning in. Finebaum with a national base.

Lou is only on there for entertainment purposes. No one should ever take him seriously anymore. He reads a script and gets people talking about games and ESPN.

Furthermore, there are few "analysts" even worth paying attention to. Especially on ESPN. They are there to drive ratings, create controversy, and drum up "news".

This. Lou is there for entertainment purposes and his resume is what got him there years ago, but now it is just entertainment. The script is always set up for him and Mark May to be the yen-yang on any given topic, just to get people talking and tuning in. Finebaum with a national base.

Doesn't something have to be entertaining to be entertainment?

His resume isn't much. He got his one national championship in an era where he could pick his bowl game. With Auburn having the one loss to LSU that year he was able to avoid playing us in the Sugar Bowl. That Auburn team would have destroyed his ND team.

I would love for USCe to play ND while Lou's still alive and kicking.... I think we might actually see a man split into dual personalities on live TV and argue with himself...

Unrelated, but... I'm still waiting for the USCe vs Oregon State bowl match-up to see which announcers will get brave with their innuendo.

Unrelated, but... I'm still waiting for the USCe vs Oregon State bowl match-up to see which announcers will get brave with their innuendo.

:cheers:

Doesn't something have to be entertaining to be entertainment?

^^^^^^^^^^^ Even if it's scripted, better to have Mark May picking Auburn than Lou. Any time, any where. Ishn't that thright?

Who's gonna fix his Ovaltine and put him to bed after such a disappointing evening for him?

In honor of Lou, I provide my personal favorite 'Lou-ism'

Not quite sure why it's not embedding. Mod help please?

Sounds like the Old Spice robot when he's sitting in the hot tub and he starts shorting out.

USC played like they had nothing to lose (which they didn"t) - Spurrier going for it on almost every 4th down shows it. He knew he could not stop us (we stopped ourselves with a fumble on the punt return) and he had to score touchdowns or they would lose. Holtz probably been in similar situations so expected the all out play from USC. But it did not win it in the end.

USC played like they had nothing to lose (which they didn"t) - Spurrier going for it on almost every 4th down shows it. He knew he could not stop us (we stopped ourselves with a fumble on the punt return) and he had to score touchdowns or they would lose. Holtz probably been in similar situations so expected the all out play from USC. But it did not win it in the end.

We couldn't stop him either

In honor of Lou, I provide my personal favorite 'Lou-ism'

Not quite sure why it's not embedding. Mod help please?

Take the "s" off https and make it http it will then work. Https is an SSL encrypted session which YouTube uses as the default now, but the http unencrypted session will still work by just taking the s off.

Archived