Chicago Black Pastor Endorses Republican, Gets Death Threats, has Church Vandalized

AFTiger

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Instead of talking about who is bigoted lets get back to the subject. There are bigots on the left and on the right. A black Pastor decides a Republican candidate is the best candidate and for that he gets hundreds of death threats and his church gets vandalized. Based on the fact that he picked a conservative it was not right wing bigots that sent in the death threats and it was not right wing bigots that vandalized his church.

Where is the moral outrage from the left, where is Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson leading marches in support of this Black preacher and Black church. It is a sad commentary on the left when a person is persecuted because he is black and doesn't agree with your views.

Bigotry is an issue in this country and it takes many forms. Ferguson is an example, a white cop shoots a young black man, different groups took sides immediately, the cop was guilty and he was convicted by many on the left before any forensic studies were done. On the right many assumed another young black man on drugs and it was a righteous shooting again before any forensic studies were done. The reality could be one of the two sides were right or that it was something in between my point is neither side based there views on solid empirical evidence. There is an issue in Ferguson that needs to be addressed and that is in a predominately Black community so few of the officers were black, that is an issue but it is not a simple issue to fix as you have to find enough qualified people in the black community who want to join the police force.

There are still policeman who will stop a black man because he is black, we would be naive to think that doesn't happen. It is better now then it was in the past but we can still improve. Poor whites in Appalachia often get the same type of treatment as blacks in the inner city. There is a much higher rate of crime in poor communities. Black on Black in the inner city white on white in Appalachia.

Democrats tend to believe in big government, they think big government helps the poor and in most cases their intentions are good. The reality is they never break the chains of poverty. they have people dependent on government to survive but never improve. Republicans say they believe in capitalism and business to solve the countries issues. The truth is unfettered capitalism leads to long work weeks, child labor, etc. that is why Unions were initially formed (unions have changed and no longer follow many of the original lofty goals) and why some government control was needed. Also Republicans say they believe in capitalism and rewarding people who do a great job. Company does well we share the wealth with all the workers that is a great concept the top dogs and the working people all do well together but when it goes bad the working people get laid off and gets a small settlement or no settlement but at the worst the people at the top get a Golden Parachute. In true capitalism the top dogs would be gone with nothing as their leadership is what caused the issue.

So yes our society has issues and bigotry still exists, we must strive to change things where a black man can be a liberal or a conservative and a white man can be a liberal or a conservative. We have to quit hating each other because we have different views on what is best for the country. The majority of people on both sides of the political spectrum love this country, want what they think is best for this country but disagree. Many of the issues that we currently have will only be solved if both sides find a way to work together and that won't happen until good people on both sides stand up against the people who would send a death threat to a preacher and vandalize his church because they disagree with him.

I look at the Political adds that I have been seeing where both sides take things out of context and try and make an opponent look like the son of Satan, both the left and the right do it. We are so inundated with half truths it is very difficult to make an informed decision. It is ok to disagree and to point out differences but to flat out distort what your opponent believes to win an election is a wrong as not allowing a black preacher to have a different opinion.

I am a old white male conservative but I strongly believe something I read about a Greek philosopher many years ago that still should be listened to today. Paraphrasing "I may disagree with every thing you say but I will fight onto death your right to say it"

Conservatives and Liberals in our free society should be allowed to express their views without being attacked. People on both sides should support them if they are attacked.

Paraphrasing "I may disagree with every thing you say but I will fight onto death your right to say it."

That wasn't a Greek philosopher. It was a writer named Evelyn Beatrice Hall who coined that passage in a biography of Voltaire.

Paraphrasing "I may disagree with every thing you say but I will fight onto death your right to say it."

That wasn't a Greek philosopher. It was a writer named Evelyn Beatrice Hall who coined that passage in a biography of Voltaire.

Thank you I remembered reading it many years ago and I thought it was a Greek philosopher, but after reading your comment I checked and you are right as to the author but is still is a very powerful quote that more should listen and adhere to as it is one of the things that allows a free society to exist.

Thank you I remembered reading it many years ago and I thought it was a Greek philosopher, but after reading your comment I checked and you are right as to the author but is still is a very powerful quote that more should listen and adhere to as it is one of the things that allows a free society to exist.

definitely

Archived