How Do You Like Subsidizing Green Trains in mexico

Proud Tiger

More ridiculous waste of our money by Obummer.

http://video.laurain...Mexico-28192904

About as much as I like subsidizing the business model of companies like Walmart and McDonald's where they pay the lowest wages they can get away with and then push their workers on to food stamps and other forms of taxpayer-paid welfare.

What subsidies would those be? For people with no skills, Wal-Mart pays pretty good. MacDonalds is a franchise business that provides entry level jobs primarily for kids.Wal-Mart employment can be a career because there is definitely opportunities for advancement. Neither is ever going to be the kind of job people dream of making their career destination. I dont believe people who work at Wal-Mart can qualify for food stamps unless they have 10 kids or something.

They pay as little as they can and just push people on food stamps, state exchanges with Obamacare (where they get subsidies), and so on. In other words, the gap between what a person needs to make to live and what they actually make at a full time job is made up by you and me, the American Taxpayer.

What else would you call that other than a subsidy. The generosity of the taxpayer allows companies to get away with pay like that.

But hey, paying people crap wages lets me get my cheap s*** from China and cheap hamburgers so screw them.

I'm with you, Titan.

In this richest of all lands, no one who works full-time (or would like to if their employer allowed them the hours) should have to make decisions like "Do I put food on my family's table tonight, pay the power bill, or take my sick child to the doctor with this meager paycheck?"

No one who works full-time should require government subsidies to get by or survive.

And no one with obscene wealth, wealth greater than 99% of the people on this planet, should earn that wealth on the backs of laborers who don't even make enough to afford the basics of life despite their hard work.

About as much as I like subsidizing the business model of companies like Walmart and McDonald's where they pay the lowest wages they can get away with and then push their workers on to food stamps and other forms of taxpayer-paid welfare.

What subsidies would those be? For people with no skills, Wal-Mart pays pretty good. MacDonalds is a franchise business that provides entry level jobs primarily for kids.Wal-Mart employment can be a career because there is definitely opportunities for advancement. Neither is ever going to be the kind of job people dream of making their career destination. I dont believe people who work at Wal-Mart can qualify for food stamps unless they have 10 kids or something.

They pay as little as they can and just push people on food stamps, state exchanges with Obamacare (where they get subsidies), and so on. In other words, the gap between what a person needs to make to live and what they actually make at a full time job is made up by you and me, the American Taxpayer.

What else would you call that other than a subsidy. The generosity of the taxpayer allows companies to get away with pay like that.

But hey, paying people crap wages lets me get my cheap s*** from China and cheap hamburgers so screw them.

Im sorry but what are you talking about "push people onto food stamps"? Do you have a source for that or is it one of those things if you say it enough it'll be true? Wal-Mart is not a minimum wage payer. Im not sure you're onto anything that justifies your apparent disdain.

As far as the health exchanges go, you've got a lot of company who hate them AND the people who jambed them down the American taxpayers' throat.

I'm with you, Titan.

In this richest of all lands, no one who works full-time (or would like to if their employer allowed them the hours) should have to make decisions like "Do I put food on my family's table tonight, pay the power bill, or take my sick child to the doctor with this meager paycheck?"

No one who works full-time should require government subsidies to get by or survive.

And no one with obscene wealth, wealth greater than 99% of the people on this planet, should earn that wealth on the backs of laborers who don't even make enough to afford the basics of life despite their hard work.

This sounds strangely like you gleaned it from the Communist Manifesto. Are you a govt employee?

I'm with you, Titan.

This sounds strangely like you gleaned it from the Communist Manifesto. Are you a govt employee?

Yes, because anything other than a full-throated endorsement of laizzez faire capitalism is obviously Marxism. There is no in between. :rolleyes:

I'm with you, Titan.

Yes, because anything other than a full-throated endorsement of laizzez faire capitalism is obviously Marxism. There is no in between. :rolleyes:

Titan are you employed in the private sector?

I'm with you, Titan.

You ever stop to consider just why things are the way they are? You ever think maybe govt. involvement has maybe caused all these things to be this way. You do realize that one of the main obstacles in the way of a growing economy is govt. regulation in the form of Obamacare, the EPA and all the other regulatory agencies that push their job killing price raising regulations on those evil businesses. Minimum wage jobs are not and never were meant to support a family. They are there for first time jobs to learn job skills which they then take with them elsewhere. Education costs are out of control and guess who runs the education system in this country? WE are importing people for the job market, creating a suplus of labor, especially at the lower skill level. Simply put get the freaking govt. out of the way and let the people do what they do best.

"WE are importing people for the job market, creating a suplus of labor, especially at the lower skill level. Simply put get the freaking govt. out of the way and let the people do what they do best. "

Intersting point. It is also ironic that, in many cases, the people who are ranting ad nauseum about raising the minimum wage are all for Obama's EO on immigration. Its going to be pretty difficult to raise the minimum when there is an enormous pool of unskilled labor.

I'm with you, Titan.

Have not read the Communist Manifesto, so I certainly gleaned nothing from there. Just expressing my opinion, in harmony with my own personal Christian beliefs regarding the poor and the wealthy.

Not sure what the source of my employment has to do with anything, but yes, I am paid by the state to teach science. Why does that matter?

I'm with you, Titan.

You ever stop to consider just why things are the way they are? You ever think maybe govt. involvement has maybe caused all these things to be this way. You do realize that one of the main obstacles in the way of a growing economy is govt. regulation in the form of Obamacare, the EPA and all the other regulatory agencies that push their job killing price raising regulations on those evil businesses. Minimum wage jobs are not and never were meant to support a family. They are there for first time jobs to learn job skills which they then take with them elsewhere. Education costs are out of control and guess who runs the education system in this country? WE are importing people for the job market, creating a suplus of labor, especially at the lower skill level. Simply put get the freaking govt. out of the way and let the people do what they do best.

Exactly, just like China is doing.

Archived