Butch Jones gets contract extension

cooltigger21

I would really get tired of being a Vol fan too. It must get tiring telling people how good you'll be next year every year, then failing to meet personal expectations.

Chock-full of talent right now, so I guess 2015 will be "their year".

If I'm not mistaken the recruiting classes Jones has brought in over the past few years have been very good. I'm not sure how Dooley's recruiting was. Once Tennessee gets to that 25-10-5 or however the numbers are distributed in StatTiger's forumula I think UT will be scary. They are playing a ton of young guys right now and it will pay off in a year or 2.

Kind of like LSU. They are going to be a force in the next 2 years.

If I'm not mistaken the recruiting classes Jones has brought in over the past few years have been very good. I'm not sure how Dooley's recruiting was. Once Tennessee gets to that 25-10-5 or however the numbers are distributed in StatTiger's forumula I think UT will be scary. They are playing a ton of young guys right now and it will pay off in a year or 2.

Jones has them on the right path - they will field a very good team in '16.

I have some really close friends who are UT grads so I keep a close eye on the Vols.

What I saw this year was a lot of games where they were in it until the end and fought the whole way. Hard. Reminded me a lot of our 2009 bunch.

Whether that's reason for a raise for the coach(es) is up for debate but I can assure you there's legitimate reason to be optimistic about this program.

Kinda of my line of thinking. Dooley really didn't leave them with much (hence why they've had so many freshmen playing), and in the SEC no matter how good of a coach you are, you aren't going to be successful without talent. I'm back living in Tennessee now so I follow along relatively closely. So far this team seems to be headed in the right direction compared to the Dooley years. I think Butch will at least have UT competing for the SEC East, it just may not be next year

The UT team I saw this year was respectable, but when reminded of the fact that they play in the SEC East I do have to question how far their program has to go. Add them to the mix this year in the SEC West and I honestly don't know if they win a game.

The UT team I saw this year was respectable, but when reminded of the fact that they play in the SEC East I do have to question how far their program has to go. Add them to the mix this year in the SEC West and I honestly don't know if they win a game.

One game at a time, they better beat Iowa

Archived