Auburn Softball v/s Georgia State

The first inning saw both teams commit a myriad of blunders. The Tigers led off the first with 6 runs on just two hits with two wild pitches mixed in to aid in the big inning. Georgia State was able to match AU in the bottom of the first with 6 runs of their own as Auburn committed an error, hit batter, and a couple of walks mixed in with two hits by GSU.

Auburn answered in the top of the 2nd with four runs highlighted by a two run blast. GSU tacked on a run in the bottom half and the Tigers lead 10-7 going to the top of the 3rd.

Auburn strikes again in the top of the 3rd after Cooper drove in a runner from first with a double off the wall. Malero followed that up with an RBI single and Auburn now leads 12-7.

Haley Fagan drives in Malero with a single and no outs. 13-7 Tigers.

Bats have fired up. Three more runs score after a pass ball and a single followed by another single. 16-7 AU. 1 out.

emt...thanks for doing these today. I just got a chance to turn it on and see they are still playing. Auburn looking good. 16-7.

No worries. I was able to "update" more than anything. You want it from here?

in the first game, did Mercer have that good of a squad or just an off game for the lady tigers ?

Tigers hit the cruise control button and coach had a word or two with them between games. We also had the temps drop 12 degrees from the start of game 1 to the end. Not sure if that had anything to do with it...but we scored 7 in the first and played tight the rest of the way.

I don't want to take anything away from you. you've stepped up to the plate and took it. I'll chime in but this is yours if you want to continue.

Melero drives one to DEEP left center and its WAY GONE.... 3 run shot.. 19-7 now.

in the first game, did Mercer have that good of a squad or just an off game for the lady tigers ?

Tigers hit the cruise control button and coach had a word or two with them between games. We also had the temps drop 12 degrees from the start of game 1 to the end. Not sure if that had anything to do with it...but we scored 7 in the first and played tight the rest of the way.

Had a feeling that might have been the case. Thanks

You good! I'm cold and with that HR I'm outta here. WDE!

auburn got a run in the top 5th. It's 20-7 and auburn has runners on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs. Auburn half over. 3 more outs and it's over if the Auburn lead stays 8 runs or more.

I've never seen a new coach have such a dramatic effect on a team in just one season. Yes, Gus turned the football team around but the talent was there, just three years away from a national championship. There was absolutely no indication that this softball team could be brought out of years of the doldrums this quickly. Amazing job by Coach Myers.

Mercer was 4-1 coming into this game. They threw a lefty pitcher the entire game, and the lefty/lefty matchup is even worse on hitters in softball than baseball. We did a great job to score 7 in the first, but the Mercer pitcher did a nice job the rest of the game. Oh, and the cold weather wasn't exactly ideal!

ETA: We have 5 very strong left handed batters in Howard, Carosone, Cooper, Melero, and Estell.

Archived