FAMILY CAN'T BELIEVE THEIR SON WAS SHOT WHILE COMMITTING ARMED ROBBERY

autigeremt

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Video below shows the family of a suspected thief lashing out after their son was shot during an armed robbery. Relatives of Adric White, 18, believe the Good Samaritan who opened fire should have "just left the store." The Good Samaritan told FOX10 News he was shopping at the Family Dollar on Stanton road when he noticed a masked gunman leading one of the employees to the front of the store.

"He had the gun to his head. He had him on his knees," said the man. "I drew my gun on him and I said 'Hey don't move.' At that point he swung around and before he had a chance to aim the gun at me I fired. I didn't want to shoot him." "They (the criminals) tend to think that they are the only ones with guns. I've been legally carrying my firearm for a little over four years now, and thank God I've never had to use it until, of course, last night. It just goes to show it's good to have a concealed carry. you never know when your going to need it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiRYkLdxoXE

I really do feel bad for the family, but they're lashing out at the wrong party here. The kid got shot in the course of an armed robbery. They should be thanking their lucky stars he's alive and will have a chance to turn his life around.

This story is like a year and a half old, though.

The character robbed two stores in less than six months and use deadly force to attempt to rob the 2nd store? And his family doesn't understand why the citizen fired the when the robber pointed a gun at him???

There is a serious disconnect by the people in that family in understanding what is illegal and when deadly force is authorized to stop a violent crime and for self defense............... I think that disconnect is widespread.

Had a job interview not too long ago and one of my old Auburn engineering buddies lived along the way so I stopped by. When he walked in the house he took his pistol off, I said you ready for them huh? He said man you can't afford not to be. I'm going to get my permit....

This is what's wrong with the world; it's called consequences for your actions. You break into someone's home who has a gun and get shot, then Darwin was just doing his job.

Ben....just curious , why do you feel bad for the family? This wasn't his first offense so it begs the question...... what had his family done to help him?

Haven't we seen his same scenario too much lately?

Not upset the guy was committing yet ANOTHER armed robbery . Nope . Customer should have just gone on out the door and minded his own damn business.

Ben....just curious , why do you feel bad for the family? This wasn't his first offense so it begs the question...... what had his family done to help him?

I can empathize. Let's just leave it at that.

I find that pretty damn hard to believe. I mean, not to be all judgmental , but this guy had done this before, ( why wasn't he in jail ? ) and was doing it again, armed, and aiming his gun at the head of the store clerk.

The family should be THANKING the good samaritan for not killing their boy, who probably deserved to die.

I have worked with "at risk" kids. Some can be saved from themselves. Some Will Not...

I really do feel bad for the family, but they're lashing out at the wrong party here. The kid got shot in the course of an armed robbery. They should be thanking their lucky stars he's alive and will have a chance to turn his life around.

This story is like a year and a half old, though.

It is.....I was hoping someone could add something to it from that area of the state. I must have missed it.

I agree. Leave it at that.

It's like in school. It used to be, if a kid was making bad grades, the parents would be like, "Hey kid, why do your grades suck?" Now they go blast the teacher, "Why do my kid's grades suck?!" Well maybe if your kid didn't pick his nose in the back while everyone else studied and made a passing grade, then you'd know why your kid's grades suck.

Archived