Phillip Marshall and Sunny Golloway

bootskii

Is it just me or does Phillip have some sort of personal vendetta against Golloway. Every time I go over to Auburn 247 he seems to always criticise Sunny and the baseball team even if we get W.

I have not read anything after these games but CSG generally deserves some amount of second guessing.

He may not be very lovable to PM but after the decades of PM covering all sorts of coaches at auburn I will lean towards giving PM the benefit of the doubt over a caustic coach.

Btw, In the past PM has been blasted on these boards for being a homer.

JMO but I agree with this.....last season down in Florida I heard PM wound up about Sunny before the first game was even played....and he has been on SG's case ever since.

PM might be a "homer" in many ways but that does not mean that he is above allowing his personal feelings to affect his writings and views toward specific coaches. When he starts second-guessing Gus on a regular basis ....or BP, then I will assume he is just being an objective reporter of the news....but until then.....

I realize my opinion means little or nothing...Philip Marshall has gotten either lazy or he's on the outside looking in (I believe both) and Sunny Golloway is a really easy target. Just like the other mediots, he gets lots of hits for sensationalizing the negative. I am certain he was one of the independent sources that floated the Scott Foxhall lawsuit rumor last June.

Archived