Expectations

AUesquire

This is not meant to be negative. I'm just curious about what you folks will have as your REALISTIC expectations from this program in the coming years. We now apparently have a new AD and hopefully will have our coaching staff nailed down for the immediate future. I certainly don't expect us to have anything like a post-Eli Ole Miss year, but I also don't expect 12-0. We have a ton of talent coming back and a good recruiting class underway. In a nutshell, this is what I expect from this staff in the coming years.

1. Continue bringing in quality kids, athletically and morally. Do the homework to feel reasonably certain a recruit will make the grades and be a "good citizen" if you will.

2. Be competitive year in and year out for the SEC title. If you're in the hunt for the SEC, you are always a player on the national scene.

3. Continue representing the university in the same class manner we have come to know and expect from CTT and his staff.

4. Beat Bama

5. Smoke a better brand of cigars in Baton Rude. Those were some real cheapo's. :lol:

What's your thoughts?

This is not meant to be negative.  I'm just curious about what you folks will have as your REALISTIC expectations from this program in the coming years.  We now apparently have a new AD and hopefully will have our coaching staff nailed down for the immediate future.  I certainly don't expect us to have anything like a post-Eli Ole Miss year, but I also don't expect 12-0.  We have a ton of talent coming back and a good recruiting class underway.  In a nutshell, this is what I expect from this staff in the coming years.

1. Continue bringing in quality kids, athletically and morally.  Do the homework to feel reasonably certain a recruit will make the grades and be a "good citizen" if you will.

2. Be competitive year in and year out for the SEC title.  If you're in the hunt for the SEC, you are always a player on the national scene.

3. Continue representing the university in the same class manner we have come to know and expect from CTT and his staff.

4. Beat Bama

5. Smoke a better brand of cigars in Baton Rude.  Those were some real cheapo's.  :lol:

What's your thoughts?

133422[/snapback]

That's a pretty good list. As far as black and white numbers, I think that Tuberville raised the bar on himself this year. I will now be expecting no less than 9-10 wins per year....but I like the guy, so I might cut him some slack occasionally.

I agree with those expectations, and if Borges hangs around, I have confidence that he can find the strength of our returning offensive players. Great receivers can make an average QB look good. Our receivers coming back are pretty darn good, so if Cox can play average to good, then I believe we can squeek out 9 wins next year. If we can beat LSU or UG on the road, we may even get back to Atlanta...

Those eXpectations are realistic. But I'm with you, Rexbo, I want to be in Atlanta more often than not, and I don't think it's a stretch to see that it's a definite possibility, even next year. I think with the players we have coming back and the players we are recruiting, we have a good chance to shine next year. I think the seniors that are leaving are going to be extremely hard to replace, but I think they have passed on their wisdom to the younger players and we should be good next year, and competing for the SEC championship again in Atlanta next December!

For now though...

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT THE HOKIES!!!!!

This is not meant to be negative.  I'm just curious about what you folks will have as your REALISTIC expectations from this program in the coming years.  We now apparently have a new AD and hopefully will have our coaching staff nailed down for the immediate future.  I certainly don't expect us to have anything like a post-Eli Ole Miss year, but I also don't expect 12-0.  We have a ton of talent coming back and a good recruiting class underway.  In a nutshell, this is what I expect from this staff in the coming years.

1. Continue bringing in quality kids, athletically and morally.  Do the homework to feel reasonably certain a recruit will make the grades and be a "good citizen" if you will.

2. Be competitive year in and year out for the SEC title.  If you're in the hunt for the SEC, you are always a player on the national scene.

4. Beat Bama

5. Smoke a better brand of cigars in Baton Rude.  Those were some real cheapo's.  :lol:

What's your thoughts?

133422[/snapback]

4. Beat Bama

What's your thoughts?

133422[/snapback]

...i agree with with your points. also, the sec is so tough i almost wouldn't even guess a record because often there are just a few plays that decide the outcome of a game. as long as we play hard and with character and occasionally win the sec i'll be ok.

Last July I predicted an undefeated season for our Tigers. They accomplished that.

I also predicted a National Championship. Sadly they didn't make that game despite an undefeated season.

With that said, now in December I can confidently predict another undefeated season for 2005.

I realistically see our football team getting 9-10 wins a season with another 11 win season in a couple of years. This program is about to get to a level that rivals UGA, UT, the old Bammer, and LSU.

2005......Auburn goes back to Atlanta with a 10-1 record

Expecting a coach to win 9 or 10 games a year, is going to get our coach fired and keep decent coaches away. Who needs the pressure, when even the best coach in the world can't guarantee 10 wins a year.

I think 8-3 is a good bench mark. A 9-2 season makes up for a 7-4 season, etc...

as long as coach tubs is here, i will not speculate on the future except to say that AU will play as well as it can and will win a lot of football games.....and win them with class in a fair and above-board manner(unlike the bammerboobs )

Archived