Best Auburn Victory/ Most Painful Defeat

Auburn85

LegalEagle - I can't believe anyone else can remember the Canes game back in pre-historic times (I was 6 or 7). I was there setting between my two brothers in the student section (my oldest brother was a student) thinking I was big-stuff. It was the first time I ever got to cuss (War Damn Eagle cheers). This was also the game that the cheerleaders rolled out the "boddagitta" cheer. Ted Hendricks was with the Canes; we unexpectadely clobbered them. That was a great day.....

LegalEagle - I can't believe anyone else can remember the Canes game back in pre-historic times (I was 6 or 7).

Legal Eagle and Japan Tiger, the Miami game you refer to was in 1968, my fifth and last football season as an undergrad. The Cane quarterback was David Olivo, I believe, and Dave Campbell, Auburn DT, was National Lineman of the Week for his performance. Dave got knocked silly in the first half, and didn't remember playing the second.

The Tennessee game featuring the first down punts was in 1973, when the Vols beat us 21-0. Ironically, we brought them to Auburn for the first time the next year, and beat them by an identical score.

My own best win would be the '82 bama game, The worst loss would be the '84 bama game. We were counting on having an easy time of it that day.

BEST WIN: ANY WIN OVER BAMAR!!!!!!!!!

Worst Loss: This one's easy. I forget the exact year, but the Tigers had beaten the crap out of Bamar all day long in a mud bath in Legion Field. Unfortunately all we had to show for efforts was a 3-0 lead. Late in the game, Stabler dropped back to pass but as it had been all day, everything was covered. So Snake took off up the middle. As one of our LB's was about to tackle him but instead, the Bamar center tackles our LB...NO CALL, NO FLAG, and Kenny runs 49 yards for the game's only TD, and we lose 7-3. The next day on his show, it was the only tiem that I EVER heard Shug berate the officials. They showed the "holding" in question...it was a blatant tackle...and we had the usual "CHEAT JOB" by the $*^*^ zebras in "NEUTRAL" Legion Field! That game hurts me to this day. What a travesty!!! :au::homer:

Worst loss: 1996 Alabama. My last game as an Auburn student. The longest 2 hours of my life was that drive back to Auburn that night.

Best Non-Alabama Win: Florida 1994. I was sitting right next to the band, and we were about 15 feet from Sanders when he caught that ball.

Although, I'd put this year's UGA and LSU game up there, too.

Worst Loss: This one's easy. I forget the exact year, but the Tigers had beaten the crap out of Bamar all day long in a mud bath in Legion Field. Unfortunately all we had to show for efforts was a 3-0 lead. Late in the game, Stabler dropped back to pass but as it had been all day, everything was covered. So Snake took off up the middle. As one of our LB's was about to tackle him but instead, the Bamar center tackles our LB...NO CALL, NO FLAG, and Kenny runs 49 yards for the game's only TD, and we lose 7-3. The next day on his show, it was the only tiem that I EVER heard Shug berate the officials. They showed the "holding" in question...it was a blatant tackle...and we had the usual "CHEAT JOB" by the $*^*^ zebras in "NEUTRAL" Legion Field! That game hurts me to this day. What a travesty!!!  :au:   :homer:

133759[/snapback]

I wish you hadn't mentioned that one. I still get ticked just thinking about it every time I hear a bammer whining about a bad call.

I would have to say the Ole Miss game with the drop pass. Also a couple of years back when Arkanasas ran 500+ yard of rushing long long day.

Worst Loss: This one's easy. I forget the exact year, but the Tigers had beaten the crap out of Bamar all day long in a mud bath in Legion Field. Unfortunately all we had to show for efforts was a 3-0 lead. Late in the game, Stabler dropped back to pass but as it had been all day, everything was covered. So Snake took off up the middle. As one of our LB's was about to tackle him but instead, the Bamar center tackles our LB...NO CALL, NO FLAG, and Kenny runs 49 yards for the game's only TD, and we lose 7-3. The next day on his show, it was the only tiem that I EVER heard Shug berate the officials. They showed the "holding" in question...it was a blatant tackle...and we had the usual "CHEAT JOB" by the $*^*^ zebras in "NEUTRAL" Legion Field! That game hurts me to this day. What a travesty!!!  :au:   :homer:

133759[/snapback]

I wish you hadn't mentioned that one. I still get ticked just thinking about it every time I hear a bammer whining about a bad call.

133976[/snapback]

Oh...and you should've heard my Bamar Daddy revel in how great Bamar was to pull that game out. Makes me sick to this day! That kind of crap made me the Bamar Hater that I am. And anyone who thinks that the Bahr didn't have the refs in his pocket is too young to have seen it with his own eyes, or he's just too blind with the kool aid to admit it!

Archived