Best Auburn Victory/ Most Painful Defeat

Auburn85

Besides when we beat Alabama, I would have to say the "94 :au: 36 :uf: 33 at THE SWAMP.

Most painful defeat besides when we are beat by Alabama, would be the '95 : :arky: 30 :au: 28

We fell behind big and fell just short.

We scored with under 20 seconds to make the score 30-28 and we recovered an onside kick. We then, got into field goal range for Matt Hawkins, but he prematurely started his kicking motion and he was unable to poweer it through. The kick was going right down the middle, but it fell short.

What's your favorites :au:

OK, I'll bite...

favorite win: 1989 over Alabama. No close seconds.

most bitter loss: 1988 Earthquake game vs. LSU...very likely kept us from a date with Notre Dame for the MNC.

After going back and watching the 85 Ala-Aub game, I just don't see how we let them get in field goal range.

Other loses would be the Georgia 96 and 2002. Also the 97 SEC championship game to Tennessee

Yes, the Aub win in 89 was awesome.

After going back and watching the 85 Ala-Aub game, I just don't see how we let them get in field goal range.

133576[/snapback]

The DB covering the WR was so tiny, he was carried to the sidelines and out of bounds to stop the clock.

Every win against Bama; every damn one!

Every loss to Bama; especially 85; and the entire Barfield era; + the earthquake game (that sure ruined a great N.O. trip).

Favorite Win: When we beat FSU at Jordan-Hare, by a last second fieldgoal, I think it was the last time we played them, and they were No. 1 or in the top 5. I can't remember the year (Willie Whitehead was a Senior). All the AU Faithfull stayed in the stadium to do the Tomahawk Chop, Freakin' Sweet.

Worst Loss: Everyone.

In the '85 game, Bama's Al Bell ran a reverse on the way to setting up the field goal. One Auburn defender saw it coming before the play and was trying to get the word to the defensive right, but couldn't communicate. It went for about 20 yards.

On the field goal play, we were offsides on the try--declined of course. But it would have been even more painful if Tiffin had missed and then gotten a second try and made it.

EVERY win over Bama is really, really good. The '89 game for historic significance; the Punt-Bama-Punt game was hilarious; the 40-0 win to wrap up the National Championship; the '82 game to send Bryant packing; the 49-26 game on Sullivan's first year, another one of the few wins when you could just relax and enjoy it . . . Hard to pick the best.

Favorite Win:  When we beat FSU at Jordan-Hare, by a last second fieldgoal, I think it was the last time we played them, and they were No. 1 or in the top 5.  I can't remember the year (Willie Whitehead was a Senior).  All the AU Faithfull stayed in the stadium to do the Tomahawk Chop, Freakin' Sweet.

Worst Loss:  Everyone.

133586[/snapback]

Other than the 89 Iron Bowl, this would be it for me. I was Tomahawk choppin' till my arm fell off. I've got a buddy who was in the FSU band playing in JH, and he said that was the most impressive thing he ever saw in his 4 years travelling with FSU.

Greatest win for me since becomming a part of the AU family......beating the :uf: in the swamp...and Spurrier. Close second would be the LSU game this season

Worst loss for me........all of them v/s UGA! I hate the dawgs.

My favorite win was this years LSU game.

Just the excitement in the stadium, and the way the game was so close and kept us on the edge of our seats the whole time. I've never hugged so many strangers in my life.

My worst loss was the '02 UGA game. Being from GA, that one hurt. I still can't believe Johnson came down with that ball. I always take losses at home a lot harder than I do losses on the road.

Well, I'm dating myself (Yes, I am holding out for a meal before sex! *grin*) but:

Best Win - One of the first games I can remember going to as a kid was in the early to mid 60s. We played Miami, FL. at Cliff Hare Stadium. Miami was ranked 6th in the nation. We were unranked. (Note: then there was only a top 10). We put it to the Canes. We sacked their QB so many times that they wound up with either minus 36 yards rushing or in total offense. It wasn't Bammer, but it was GREAT!

Worst Loss - Late 60s or early 70s. We played UT in Knoxville I believe. It was raining. The final score I believe was 28-0. However, UT was so confident that we could not score they punted on first down I believe for the entire fourth quarter and maybe even before.

I would have to say the best win that I ever attended was the 04 Georgia game.

The worst loss I ever attended was the 01 bama game, it was after this game that I became Mr. Pessimistic and started shouting for us to get rid of Tuberville.

I could also include every game this year as the best win.

Some others include the 1989, 1993, 2002, and 2003 bama games.

The worst could also include the 1985, 90, bama games and the whole 1998 season. I especially hated those games that we lost to bammer when perkins was coach. I hated that man and still do. I would love to shove my foot up his arse.

Archived