and we’ll make sure that those individuals will be held accountable.

DKW 86

A lot of young black males should stop committing so much crime then, huh ?

"These problems, largely, have their root in the first matter highlighted above – that many municipal police departments face increasing and unrelenting pressure from city hall to fill increasingly wide gaps in revenue with money from fines and citations. Even a well-intentioned police officer who respects freedom, the citizenry, and vulnerable populations can succumb to temptation when his paycheck and his ability to feed his family is put on the line. And in those cases, where legitimate offenses do not occur, he will be sorely tempted to create them, and to create them among the portion of the populace that is least likely to complain and least likely to be believed when they do complain: non-wealthy black citizens." http://www.redstate....son-doj-report/

LOL thats some tasty leftist spin right there.

"These problems, largely, have their root in the first matter highlighted above – that many municipal police departments face increasing and unrelenting pressure from city hall to fill increasingly wide gaps in revenue with money from fines and citations. Even a well-intentioned police officer who respects freedom, the citizenry, and vulnerable populations can succumb to temptation when his paycheck and his ability to feed his family is put on the line. And in those cases, where legitimate offenses do not occur, he will be sorely tempted to create them, and to create them among the portion of the populace that is least likely to complain and least likely to be believed when they do complain: non-wealthy black citizens." http://www.redstate....son-doj-report/

Click. The. Link.

I see Navy is putting up his little cartoons again. SSDD

I know, right? This one is my favorite: meme4407695692.jpg

Click. The. Link.

Holy s***! :roflol:

Did he just call Erick freaking Erickson's website "leftist"? :lmao:

Click. The. Link.

Did he just call Erick freaking Erikcson's website "leftist"? :lmao:

I didn't click the link but my repsonse simply proves the diversity of thought on the right. i dont buy that crap I dont care who writes it.

Click. The. Link.

I didn't click the link but my repsonse simply proves the diversity of thought on the right. i dont buy that crap I dont care who writes it.

That you immediately characterized a position you disagree with as leftist says a lot about you. You're a hoot.

Click. The. Link.

That you immediately characterized a position you disagree with as leftist says a lot about you. You're a hoot.

It sure sounded like it to me. There is a simple way for these so called victims to avoid persecution..obey the damn law. That should remedy everybody's problems.

Click. The. Link.

It sure sounded like it to me. There is a simple way for these so called victims to avoid persecution..obey the damn law. That should remedy everybody's problems.

I'm sure everything you disagree with sounds like it to you. :rolleyes:

Click. The. Link.

I'm sure everything you disagree with sounds like it to you. :rolleyes:

Everything you agree with damn sure does. :jossun:

Click. The. Link.

They really make it too easy...

Click. The. Link.

They really make it too easy...

what exactly is "it" you're referring to? I dont buy that drivel because the solution is quite simple. Rather than exclusively focusing on the oppressors activities nothing is ever said about simply obeying the law and the obvious fact that therein will precipitate no encounters wherein the temptation will get the best of well intentioned cops..

So, because black communities are so flush with cash & resources, PDs are directed by city govts to shake down the folks for petty crimes, and with that, comes the inevitable high # of prison sentences ?

And it has zero to do with crimes committed, but more to do with racism and/ or revenue generation ?

Huh.

So black elected officials of majority black cities are oppressing their own people with "poverty violations'?

Can you hold someone accountable when they feel they have nothing to lose?

YES, especially if their actions ruined lives and caused $millions in damages. The law is the law. If we cant hold people accountable because they say they're disenfranchized wouldn't that be tantamount to giving people license to do anything they wish regardless of the harm or damage done to others.

Then how do you intend to "hold them accountable"?

Lock 'em up. At some point they'll realize what they had to lose but, even if they dont, the world will be a safer place with them being incarcerated. As difficult as it may be for you comprehend, law enforcement is to protect law abiding citizens. Those who do not follow the law must be willing to accept the consequences of their actions whether they think they have anything to lose or not.

I am not so sure they are terrified of that prospect. What do they stand to lose? Social status? Property? Hope? Mobility?

their freedom and that is A LOT. I realize you may not feel freedom is that big a deal but go to prison for 10 years then get back to me and we'll revisit the topic. Again, its not about the criminals perspective..its about protecting law abiding citizens. Do you not get that at all?

I think you have unwittingly defined part of the problem. Neither your concept and value of freedom, nor mine, has anything to do with it. Ignoring the perspective of people with "nothing to lose" may not be as practical in reality as it is on the surface. I think, at some point, you have to take a step back and look at the cost of "locking them all up" and, whether or not you are effectively dealing with the problem in the long-term. You may even have to question whether or not you are actually perpetuating the problem.

So let me get this straight. On the one hand, you argue the success of New Deal-Great Society Welfare state then on the other argue that those who are receiving those well designed benefits are disenfranchised to the point of feeling like they have nothing left to lose? How in the world do you reconcile the disparity of logic you embrace to support the tried and false solutions espoused by the left. I should have known it would digress into a quantitative analysis of economics as there is nothing else that you people have to go to since you have financed the destruction of the family unit.

I actually appreciate and understand your comment. However, when you actually think about it in contrast to the inherent, opposite paradox of your argument (that the poor are no better off for social programs, so we should end them) it makes more sense. When you consider the relative nature of what poverty meant pre 1960 versus today, it makes more sense. When you think about the fact that you cannot build wealth or accumulate assets on welfare, it makes more sense. Social programs and public assistance programs are not a perfect solution. These programs are a humanitarian effort. The effects of severe poverty have vastly improved. Still the real solution has to come in another form.

So, because black communities are so flush with cash & resources, PDs are directed by city govts to shake down the folks for petty crimes, and with that, comes the inevitable high # of prison sentences ?

And it has zero to do with crimes committed, but more to do with racism and/ or revenue generation ?

Huh.

Since you wrote it, I'm sure you have some data at the ready to prove the cash flushness of these 'black communities.'

if this DA held criminals accountable freddie grey would have been in an orange jump suit instead of running from the police.

Can you hold someone accountable when they feel they have nothing to lose?

YES, especially if their actions ruined lives and caused $millions in damages. The law is the law. If we cant hold people accountable because they say they're disenfranchized wouldn't that be tantamount to giving people license to do anything they wish regardless of the harm or damage done to others.

Then how do you intend to "hold them accountable"?

Lock 'em up. At some point they'll realize what they had to lose but, even if they dont, the world will be a safer place with them being incarcerated. As difficult as it may be for you comprehend, law enforcement is to protect law abiding citizens. Those who do not follow the law must be willing to accept the consequences of their actions whether they think they have anything to lose or not.

I am not so sure they are terrified of that prospect. What do they stand to lose? Social status? Property? Hope? Mobility?

their freedom and that is A LOT. I realize you may not feel freedom is that big a deal but go to prison for 10 years then get back to me and we'll revisit the topic. Again, its not about the criminals perspective..its about protecting law abiding citizens. Do you not get that at all?

I think you have unwittingly defined part of the problem. Neither your concept and value of freedom, nor mine, has anything to do with it. Ignoring the perspective of people with "nothing to lose" may not be as practical in reality as it is on the surface. I think, at some point, you have to take a step back and look at the cost of "locking them all up" and, whether or not you are effectively dealing with the problem in the long-term. You may even have to question whether or not you are actually perpetuating the problem.

So let me get this straight. On the one hand, you argue the success of New Deal-Great Society Welfare state then on the other argue that those who are receiving those well designed benefits are disenfranchised to the point of feeling like they have nothing left to lose? How in the world do you reconcile the disparity of logic you embrace to support the tried and false solutions espoused by the left. I should have known it would digress into a quantitative analysis of economics as there is nothing else that you people have to go to since you have financed the destruction of the family unit.

I actually appreciate and understand your comment. However, when you actually think about it in contrast to the inherent, opposite paradox of your argument (that the poor are no better off for social programs, so we should end them) it makes more sense. When you consider the relative nature of what poverty meant pre 1960 versus today, it makes more sense. When you think about the fact that you cannot build wealth or accumulate assets on welfare, it makes more sense. Social programs and public assistance programs are not a perfect solution. These programs are a humanitarian effort. The effects of severe poverty have vastly improved. Still the real solution has to come in another form.

Excellent point.

Most national poverty programs - such as food stamps - are more about keeping people's head above the water. Even the programs featuring training/education cannot ensure there's a job at the end of the process.

if this DA held criminals accountable freddie grey would have been in an orange jump suit instead of running from the police.

Seriously Alexva?

Archived