The REST of a LEO story....

autigeremt

The bk story is akin to huds. Don't fret over details, facts or the truth. It serves a purpose , so that's all that matters

What video is the reference you are referring to of a person acting like an animal? Or what case? Only two cases recently in the media I've seen where I'd say a person was acting like an animal is the guy shooting in Chattanooga and the guy shooting in South C. Of course the guy in Chattanooga was going to end up dead and the guy in South C was taken to burger king.....go figure.

And you have the subway guy, I consider child predators animals but I'm sure he was treated well too

dylan roof was arrested without incident. If he had flinched wrong he would have been shredded by bullets. They did not take him to Burger King. They brought him a meal from bk to keep his attention and keep him willfully talking. Watch "the first 48" it is done all the time. You are using a bad analogy.

I know you will be on the other side of this argument it's expected, but could you answer my question who in the recent cases that have been in the media were acting like animals?

you seem to be comparing the treatment by police in relation to the crime committed and race of the suspect. While the crime committed does matter in how the police approach a suspect, the suspects's action during the encounter is what ultimately decides how he is treated. So roof was not treated to bk as a reward for eliminating 9 black people. The Chatanooga shooter was not killed for being Muslim. If I am missing your point please explain.

Once again a statement was made paraphrasing...if you don't want to be treated like an animal don't act like one...You didn't reply to that you skipped over those comments and replied to mine. My comment is a reply directly from it so if you're truly trying to understand my point you would have to answer my question I asked you that you ignored again. If not I understand.

Actually you know what nevermind, you're all entitled to your opinion and it's just unfortunate that most of the people that start threads have the same views so of course this would be posted and not one post from anybody outraged of any of the people recently killed. I can't control what is posted, I at times just get frustrated by posts on here and just really how people of my race can still be treated.

Also from a selfish point I can't help but to think how it could be me. When it hits close to home or you're the target it gets a little more real and your perspective changes.

Once again my bad go ahead and do what you do, I already know what every main poster will say and do, but I can't control it. I have fluid statics and dynamics to study so I wouldn't be available to do a back and forth anyway. My bad.

Actually you know what nevermind, you're all entitled to your opinion and it's just unfortunate that most of the people that start threads have the same views so of course this would be posted and not one post from anybody outraged of any of the people recently killed. I can't control what is posted, I at times just get frustrated by posts on here and just really how people of my race can still be treated.

Also from a selfish point I can't help but to think how it could be me. When it hits close to home or you're the target it gets a little more real and your perspective changes.

Once again my bad go ahead and do what you do, I already know what every main poster will say and do, but I can't control it. I have fluid statics and dynamics to study so I wouldn't be available to do a back and forth anyway. My bad.

i seem to have forgotten the question you asked. did you delete a post. the only question you asked has an obvious answer. don't let me disturb your study though.

What video is the reference you are referring to of a person acting like an animal? Or what case? Only two cases recently in the media I've seen where I'd say a person was acting like an animal is the guy shooting in Chattanooga and the guy shooting in South C. Of course the guy in Chattanooga was going to end up dead and the guy in South C was taken to burger king.....go figure.

And you have the subway guy, I consider child predators animals but I'm sure he was treated well too

dylan roof was arrested without incident. If he had flinched wrong he would have been shredded by bullets. They did not take him to Burger King. They brought him a meal from bk to keep his attention and keep him willfully talking. Watch "the first 48" it is done all the time. You are using a bad analogy.

Showing his "bias" towards anything that doesn't fit his own ideology. God forbid we all do that in here....lol

What's my ideology? What's part of my ideology do you not agree with? Please save the you said blacks can't be racist thing you say every time I disagree with you when you know I redefined my stance to that statement. It would be your fourth or fifth time saying it then you saying oh I didn't see the post where you addressed it. After four times I have to believe you do know

Anyone, in a position of power and regardless of color, can be racist. If you are blinded by the past I can understand but I think you are old enough to progress beyond "only whites can be racist".

Good enough?

Showing his "bias" towards anything that doesn't fit his own ideology. God forbid we all do that in here....lol

No it's you, you can go try to get friends or whatnot or do whatever but you can't quote any examples of bias from me, I can you.

No I don't like how some policemen are insecure and hide behind a badge, but you can't find one quote from me not supporting a policeman who was right.

And if you posted a cop being harmed you wouldn't see a quote like oh policemen everywhere are being harmed they need more guns in a sarcastic way then roll eyes.

Or if there is a white person who was mistreated because of his race I'd say that's wrong, I wouldn't say yeah but what about when a white man did this...

It's your MO, it's all you do on here.

LOL! It's all I do on here. I posted this thread to show how honest reporting can be done in the face of all the negative (some of it very deserved) and you go into "cops are bad because they hate blacks" mode. Good luck with that!

Never said cops hate blacks but that's why I asked you about my ideology because I know you didn't know because you've never cared to ask me. But continue on...

What's my ideology? What's part of my ideology do you not agree with? Please save the you said blacks can't be racist thing you say every time I disagree with you when you know I redefined my stance to that statement. It would be your fourth or fifth time saying it then you saying oh I didn't see the post where you addressed it. After four times I have to believe you do know

Anyone, in a position of power and regardless of color, can be racist. If you are blinded by the past I can understand but I think you are old enough to progress beyond "only whites can be racist".

Good enough?

See how I knew you would go there? No matter how many times I say I was wrong on that point I've changed how I feel, we could go a month and you will say the same thing over and over, but you can't see your mind is so set on that when racism happens you could care less....You would just say yeah but a black person done this....it's your mo. But you're right I can't tell you what to post.

You're wrong as far as my ideology though, doubt I have any that if you're a half way decent person you'll disagree with.

But I'm black and I'll speak out on racism so of course you'll want to paint me as the black guy who says all policemen hates black people....it's part of your mo as well

i seem to have forgotten the question you asked. did you delete a post. the only question you asked has an obvious answer. don't let me disturb your study though.

What people were acting like animals??

Also do a search and when people are compared to animals look to see what people are being talked about. Look at who says it. Of all the vile crimes and acts that have been committed and discussed on this board look at who's the animals

Good enough?

See how I knew you would go there? No matter how many times I say I was wrong on that point I've changed how I feel, we could go a month and you will say the same thing over and over, but you can't see your mind is so set on that when racism happens you could care less....You would just say yeah but a black person done this....it's your mo. But you're right I can't tell you what to post.

You're wrong as far as my ideology though, doubt I have any that if you're a half way decent person you'll disagree with.

But I'm black and I'll speak out on racism so of course you'll want to paint me as the black guy who says all policemen hates black people....it's part of your mo as well

Understood.

From 2003-2009, there were 4,813 arrest related deaths out of FBI estimated 98 million arrests, per the Bureau of Justice, Arrest Related Death stats published in 2011.

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/ard0309st.pdf

That equates to a staggering 0.000049112244898 of ALL arrests ended with a death!! Not quite the "problem" it is made out to be.

Decedent characteristics

- From 2003 through 2009, males comprised 95% of all reported deaths during the process of arrest (table 4).

- Whites accounted for 42% of reported arrest-related deaths, 32% were black, and 20% were Hispanic.

- More than half (55%) of all persons who died during the process of arrest were between the ages of 25 and 44.

I'm NOT saying that a persons life of any race doesn't matter, it most definitely does as ALL are God's children. I believe that a lot of these incidents are exaggerated for political gain. If a LEO does commit a crime in the course of an arrest or violates policy/procedure it should be handled accordingly, but MORE often than not these incidents are over exaggerated or someone flat out lies about their encounter with LEO, which is as wrong as those losing their life. What are the children being taught regarding LEO, I'll tell you flat out, to have NO respect and disobedience, which is what leads to many of the altercations, forceful or not.

Most of you have NO clue how LEOs MUST live their day at work. It is a CONSTANT state of alert for your own safety and the safety of your fellow officers. Not to mention having to follow the law, enforce law, and make VERY quick decisions that EVERYONE expects you to do 100% without fault, 100% of the time.

Yeah when it involves a life, it is expected to be without fault....but that's an interesting perspective and you're entitled to it. I agree with some of it. What I personally think as well is with these camera phones and social media many policemen get caught doing things that at one time they didn't get caught doing so even bringing numbers up can be skewered in my eyes.

Take the man shot in his back in South C. Maybe ten years ago he gets away with that without video evidence. From these last couple of years alone I've heard or read about three cases where a person was killed because they thought they were shooting their taser instead of their gun. Yeah that's a stupid and big mistake...

Also in recent videos I see how some policemen will bait a person or get rough with a person then claim the person assaulted them....the situation keeps progressing to when a person is hurt or killed but the policeman isn't held accountable for it....where does that statistic go?

Good policemen are heroes no doubt about it. Power hungry policemen are cowards, which is why I don't understand how come there isn't more anger and outrage to the bad cops. They are the people that hurt the good policemen image. But if you get in a discussion more anger is directed to the person that was killed or hurt or the person talking about the subject. You very rarely see anybody express anger to the bad cop

You are probably right about the videos. There are also just as many cases now of people trying to use doctored or edited videos to get at police, to stick it to them. It seems you are trying to equate the small percentage of "bad" police officers to being a larger percentage of the overall police force, as in, you think there are more bad than good. That is the perception drawn from comments you've made. When officers make mistakes it does hurt the overall image of the collective. People are making a big deal of something that is happening rarely in the grand scheme of things and is more highlighted by media than ever before. I think nowadays it is obvious that the anger is being directed at LEO as a whole often way before the facts are out. In the cases where an officer did commit a crime it is reprehensible, but let's quit the all police are bad rhetoric. There should be a level of respect from both sides. If a person is not breaking the law, then should be no reason to break bad toward LE if there is contact.

The baiting can go both ways. If there was an injury or death the stat will be in FBI Crime Stats. I just think there is so much publicity being played out over something that is actually not an epidemic like it is made out to be by the media and other groups. These deaths are tragic and preventable, but fault can and does lie at the feet of the LEO and the other person in the conflict.

Yeah when it involves a life, it is expected to be without fault....but that's an interesting perspective and you're entitled to it. I agree with some of it. What I personally think as well is with these camera phones and social media many policemen get caught doing things that at one time they didn't get caught doing so even bringing numbers up can be skewered in my eyes.

Take the man shot in his back in South C. Maybe ten years ago he gets away with that without video evidence. From these last couple of years alone I've heard or read about three cases where a person was killed because they thought they were shooting their taser instead of their gun. Yeah that's a stupid and big mistake...

Also in recent videos I see how some policemen will bait a person or get rough with a person then claim the person assaulted them....the situation keeps progressing to when a person is hurt or killed but the policeman isn't held accountable for it....where does that statistic go?

Good policemen are heroes no doubt about it. Power hungry policemen are cowards, which is why I don't understand how come there isn't more anger and outrage to the bad cops. They are the people that hurt the good policemen image. But if you get in a discussion more anger is directed to the person that was killed or hurt or the person talking about the subject. You very rarely see anybody express anger to the bad cop

Maybe it's because the good cops feel lumped in with the bad when something like this happens? I know it pisses me off to no end.....just as it does when a soldier does something stupid like raping some young girl in Japan (example). Then you have unions in some states. Just a hunch....no evidence.

You are probably right about the videos. There are also just as many cases now of people trying to use doctored or edited videos to get at police, to stick it to them. It seems you are trying to equate the small percentage of "bad" police officers to being a larger percentage of the overall police force, as in, you think there are more bad than good. That is the perception drawn from comments you've made. When officers make mistakes it does hurt the overall image of the collective. People are making a big deal of something that is happening rarely in the grand scheme of things and is more highlighted by media than ever before. I think nowadays it is obvious that the anger is being directed at LEO as a whole often way before the facts are out. In the cases where an officer did commit a crime it is reprehensible, but let's quit the all police are bad rhetoric. There should be a level of respect from both sides. If a person is not breaking the law, then should be no reason to break bad toward LE if there is contact.

The baiting can go both ways. If there was an injury or death the stat will be in FBI Crime Stats. I just think there is so much publicity being played out over something that is actually not an epidemic like it is made out to be by the media and other groups. These deaths are tragic and preventable, but fault can and does lie at the feet of the LEO and the other person in the conflict.

I know I can come across that way but I really don't. I think there are more good than bad but when a bad one is spotted for doing something very wrong I want him weeded out. I don't want excuses for that particular individual. But when I'm trying to argue that point it looks as if I'm going after all of them.

To be honest I think I'd be a hypocrite to indict all officers because of bad ones, it's no different how I don't want to be labeled and indicted as a thug whenever a young black man does something wrong.

Maybe it's because the good cops feel lumped in with the bad when something like this happens? I know it pisses me off to no end.....just as it does when a soldier does something stupid like raping some young girl in Japan (example). Then you have unions in some states. Just a hunch....no evidence.

Working in plants I see how unions go, you have to stand for your brother. A guy I work with now brother is a policeman and he's a super cool guy. Meeting good cops makes you really see and understand just how important they are to a community.

I know I can come across that way but I really don't. I think there are more good than bad but when a bad one is spotted for doing something very wrong I want him weeded out. I don't want excuses for that particular individual. But when I'm trying to argue that point it looks as if I'm going after all of them.

To be honest I think I'd be a hypocrite to indict all officers because of bad ones, it's no different how I don't want to be labeled and indicted as a thug whenever a young black man does something wrong.

Cole, i am right with you as far as wanting the bad ones out, absolutely.

As a former LEO, I'm in agreement and want the bad ones out too and cole your statement " I don't want to be labeled and indicted as a thug whenever a young black man does something wrong," is spot on. I get that.

Archived