Stadium Radios

rws0009

Have any of y'all ever gotten one of those radios that you clip on your ear and are supposed to be able to hear Rod and Stan in real time without a delay? I've seen people wearing them at games but was just wondering if they were actually worth it or not.

they work. just need to make sure you turn the radio off as you leave the stadium so the battery will not die. Otherwise you'll get to the next game and discover you left it on and have a dead battery.

The ear radio will also work as a regular radio also, just don't expect it to pick up stations very far away.

Several years ago they used to broadcast free (stadiumcast) a low power non delayed FM signal of the games at home and at the away stadiums. That stopped when there was money to be made selling these special radios.

they work. just need to make sure you turn the radio off as you leave the stadium so the battery will not die. Otherwise you'll get to the next game and discover you left it on and have a dead battery.

The ear radio will also work as a regular radio also, just don't expect it to pick up stations very far away.

So where do you get one? And how much?

My cell phone now has a radio built in as well, is Rod and Stan's radio cast behind on a delay? Just curious as I'm definitely going to test out the FM side in the stadium.

So where do you get one? And how much?

They sell them at JHS on gamedays. The usually setup at several places just inside the gates near the concession areas.

http://store.livesportsradio.com/auburn.html

FAQs

http://livesportsradio.com/faq/#19

They had 2 models last year. One for $20 the other $25.

The worst thing about them is that they are setup for only one season of stadium broadcasts. If you want to use it the next year, you have to pay a fee for them to setup the radio to receive the broadcasts for the next seasons. I think the setup fee is less than the cost of a new radio.

I just got my second one in the mail. I used the one that hangs on the ear till it quit, used 2 or 3 seasons. I ordered the one with ear buds this time. There is not much delay that I can tell since it is broadcast from inside the stadium. I have found it to be helpful when trying to get intel on a call or penalty or when there is an injury and Q reports from the sideline about what is happening. It was also pretty cool to hear what was happening in the booth when Ricardo caught the Prayer pass and the Kick Six, everything happening in the booth came through on the open mics.

Archived