trinitiger

Okay Im a new member been lurking too long. Im an Auburn grad and live in Trinidad, in the Caribbean.

Just wanted to say thanks, its nice to get on and feel like you are back home.

I will tell you a story about how Auburn affects people far from the states. We have a kid from here who is on the swim team for Auburn, George Bovell, first kid from the islands to win a medal swimming.

I saw him at the gym a few months back and he had on an Auburn jersey. When I passed him I said War Eagle and he looked quite startled, he pointed down at his jersey and said, you know where this is. I said yes I went to school there as well. We had a nice conversation and about a week later Im in the grocery and I see this tall athletically built woman with an Auburn shirt on. I said you must be George Bovell's mom. And she said you must be that gentleman he met at the gym.

She went on to talk about Auburn and how glad they were her son chose there, she talked about a lot of things about Auburn but not once did she mention the

swimming part of it. She closed the conversation by saying its nice to have another one of the family on the island. Not Auburn grad or man, another one of the family.

I walked away quite proud to be part of the family.

And in case you are wondering, yes George has a younger brother, and yes he is just as fast, got a feeling we will have another Trini swimming for us if Momma has her way!

Archived