AU Offense goes into a shell

aunavy

It was obvious to me that AU believed it had the game in hand and decided to run the clock. Thanks to VT playing 9 guys in the box and some rather uncharacteristic bonehead playing by Will Herring we allowed VT to come back.

Time and again we have taken the foot off the accelerator this year and it has hurt us in the polls. We would have been much closer in the polls to OU if we had gone ahead and scored another touchdown against Tennessee in the Championship Game rather than taking knees inside the 10. It nearly came back to bite us last night....even my wife said as we went to bed last night that "while I appreciate sportsmanship, AU should have gone ahead and tried to score more points, it looked like it took the edge off our players and gave VT life".....I thought she made a real good point.

Your never have enough points against a team that has a history of coming back in the 4th quarter.

LOL my Wife said the same thing....I would have liked to have seen the rest of that drive that carnell fumbled on....until that point we were looking real strong and good...and 2 of the field goals should have been touch downs....any way give VT credit they showed why their D is no 4....

War Eagle

Football is a Game of Inches.....I'll take a win over the Number four Defense, by One point or 40 points....This aint Figure Skating, were you're judged on Style Points, The Voters should realize that AU is the Toughest Team in the Country, not the Flashiest. But, then again, I wish we had stop trying to run behind the BIGGEST LINEMAN EVER (Marcus McNeil) because DT Stood him up and blocked the lane that would've been there, had M&M Drove his man, and CW ran right into Marcus or had to reroute his run because of him.....Not taking anything away from Marcus, Hell of a guy, great football player.... It's just that Daryl Tapp is a Hell of a great football player also....Anyway, We Are The National Champs....No Other Team in the Country beat us This Year..... usc and/or oklahomer better be glad we don't have a plus one bowl..... because We'd win that one, too. WAR "BY GOD" EAGLE

Archived