Getting ready for Miss St

aubfaninga

I get to dust off my butt from sitting in the recliner watching this LSU game and move on with this funny little thing called life.

I have four tickets to the next night game at JH. 3 year old twins that are just jumping at the bit to catch just one glimpse of AUBIE. They don't have any pride in wins or loses yet, they do not get sad when an Alabama fan jokes at Auburns performance, they just keep saying "WAR EAGLE" and making the smelly poot motion in front of the nose when they hear "r..l T..e". I get to recite "Bodda Getta" all week long in preparations for them to hear it from thousands of fans. I get to have them run to my lap every morning asking if we are going to Auburn. We get to practice how long and loud we can yell "WAR EAGLE" to get our voice boxes ready. I get to see the look on my twins faces when the eagle takes flight, when the videoboard lights up, and when the band takes the field.

This past Monday we took a trip to Auburn to get us some new gear. The whole trip my boy (the other twin is a girl) kept saying that he was going to see Auburn football players. Every store we went to he was patient but every time we buckled up the car seat he would look at me with those big pretty eyes and ask, "We going to see Auburn football player?". Every time I had to tell him soon. This coming Saturday he gets to see an Auburn football player. He just loves Auburn and could care less about the rest!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Have fun! They will be hooked for life. Don't let the meltdown get to you!

This is not my first "meltdown". I find humor in some of these posts these days.

I have been a "non-alum" Auburn fan since I was 7. Born in 77 so you get one guess to which player got me hooked to Auburn. Never waivered a day in my life since.

Good times and horrible times but I still love going to Auburn just to watch football. Now I get to share it with the next generation that hopefully life takes a more fortunate turn and they actually get to attend AU.

I'm packing all three of my girls up for the Idaho game here shortly. Can't go as often as I used to, but we're going to have a good time. P

I'm packing all three of my girls up for the Idaho game here shortly. Can't go as often as I used to, but we're going to have a good time. P

It's only a 40 minute drive for me and Idaho will most likely be the second game they attend.

I get to dust off my butt from sitting in the recliner watching this LSU game and move on with this funny little thing called life.

I have four tickets to the next night game at JH. 3 year old twins that are just jumping at the bit to catch just one glimpse of AUBIE. They don't have any pride in wins or loses yet, they do not get sad when an Alabama fan jokes at Auburns performance, they just keep saying "WAR EAGLE" and making the smelly poot motion in front of the nose when they hear "r..l T..e". I get to recite "Bodda Getta" all week long in preparations for them to hear it from thousands of fans. I get to have them run to my lap every morning asking if we are going to Auburn. We get to practice how long and loud we can yell "WAR EAGLE" to get our voice boxes ready. I get to see the look on my twins faces when the eagle takes flight, when the videoboard lights up, and when the band takes the field.

This past Monday we took a trip to Auburn to get us some new gear. The whole trip my boy (the other twin is a girl) kept saying that he was going to see Auburn football players. Every store we went to he was patient but every time we buckled up the car seat he would look at me with those big pretty eyes and ask, "We going to see Auburn football player?". Every time I had to tell him soon. This coming Saturday he gets to see an Auburn football player. He just loves Auburn and could care less about the rest!!!

WAR EAGLE!!!

Good for you. I hope all of you have a great time!

Absolutely....a great game day experience....don't let wins or losses be an big issue at their age....otherwise I would have sworn off AU about a half dozen times in the 50 years since I graduated.

Absolutely....a great game day experience....don't let wins or losses be an big issue at their age....otherwise I would have sworn off AU about a half dozen times in the 50 years since I graduated.

:laugh: Nothing like being an Auburn fan to teach you to deal with the ups and downs of life! ;)

Taking my crew down for the MSU game. Hope Dak doesn't actually kill one of our players in the process. Gonna be hard to cover all my youngins eyes at the same time. :)

:laugh:/> Nothing like being an Auburn fan to teach you to deal with the ups and downs of life! ;)/>

My twins first picture with Aubie was at the after practice pep rally for the Texas A&M game during the 2012 season. The next year they are watching daddy run outside screaming after the GA and bama games.

Auburn is just fun for all ages... LOL

Taking my crew down for the MSU game. Hope Dak doesn't actually kill one of our players in the process. Gonna be hard to cover all my youngins eyes at the same time. :)/>

That is why we have Aubie. When things get ugly just keep their attention on him or the band.

Taking my crew down for the MSU game. Hope Dak doesn't actually kill one of our players in the process. Gonna be hard to cover all my youngins eyes at the same time. :)/>

You are probably safe....we seem reluctant to deal out what might be called "excessive violence" on either side of the ball. And you can come up with a fewer comments to divert attention from the field....."look up there...is that Bo Jackson"".....stuff like that.

You are truly wise sir. Ha!

Taking my crew down for the MSU game. Hope Dak doesn't actually kill one of our players in the process. Gonna be hard to cover all my youngins eyes at the same time. :)

You are probably safe....we seem reluctant to deal out what might be called "excessive violence" on either side of the ball. And you can come up with a fewer comments to divert attention from the field....."look up there...is that Bo Jackson"".....stuff like that.

I'll be at the Idaho game this year with my oldest son, a 2010 AU alumni, who lives in Atlanta. Of course, I want to see a dominating Auburn performance but more importantly I will relish the moment as we give our best "WAR EAGLE, HEY!" on each and every kickoff. The season isn't going as we all want but the beauty and majesty that makes Auburn the special place it is never stops. WAR EAGLE!

Great story! Enjoy your time with them and the game day experience! I was raised on AU football and it started early as well, I have so many fond memories of games, Jordan Hare, visiting Sewell Hall, etc. They will love it

as a reply to aubfaninga (I also am an Auburn fan in ga) - my daughter, also an Auburn graduate was at a viewing event in Wahington, DC and had someone say "you must have been born an Auburn fan - you have that air about you " - and she was, because we believe in Auburn, and love it !

This is not my first "meltdown". I find humor in some of these posts these days.

I have been a "non-alum" Auburn fan since I was 7. Born in 77 so you get one guess to which player got me hooked to Auburn. Never waivered a day in my life since.

Good times and horrible times but I still love going to Auburn just to watch football. Now I get to share it with the next generation that hopefully life takes a more fortunate turn and they actually get to attend AU.

I am reading your post and wondering if I wrote it lol. I too was born in 77, live in GA (guessing by your username), a "non-Alum" Auburn fan, and have boy girl twins (although they are only 9 months old). I also have a 5 yr old daughter who we have taken to see the stadium and get her some AU gear. She really loves the shakers and we hope that she is able to (or wants to) attend Auburn University. Nothing like experiencing the excitement of something through your children's eyes. Makes this "meltdown" seem not so important.

I am reading your post and wondering if I wrote it lol. I too was born in 77, live in GA (guessing by your username), a "non-Alum" Auburn fan, and have boy girl twins (although they are only 9 months old). I also have a 5 yr old daughter who we have taken to see the stadium and get her some AU gear. She really loves the shakers and we hope that she is able to (or wants to) attend Auburn University. Nothing like experiencing the excitement of something through your children's eyes. Makes this "meltdown" seem not so important.

WAR EAGLE to everyone who stayed positive in this thread.

I graduated and played for Americus High. I have seen extreme lows and extreme highs. You have a different prespective when you are a true freshman playing for a team fighting to just get 3 wins. I still remember my last home game that year in front of maybe 500 home fans cheering after every hard play. I also remember looking in the stands and seeing over 3000 home fans having a party as we upset a very good Smith Station team from Alabama.

Players play and risk their health every down. Fans just look to see how the weather looks. It's gloomy and cloudy over Auburn football this week. Time to put on the rain coat I guess. WAR EAGLE!!!

Archived