JJ stats so far: obvious, but

DyeCampAlum

With our QB change, I realized I hadn't really stepped back to look at JJ's stats. They're complicated by the fact that we've run only so-so this far, but they're also grim.

He's one of 13 SEC QBs who's qualified for a rating. (SC keeps rotating QBs.)

Total passing yards: 10th.

Completion %: 9, ahead of Coker and Dobbs FWIW

Yards/Attempt: 10th

TD: t3

INT: 1. Four SEC QBs have 4 or more INTs; JJ has 6.

Sacked: t3

QBR: 10

We're all upset about the picks, not just their number but how they've happened. I'm also concerned about the combination of yards/attempt and sacks. Suggests problems that might bother White as well if we don't have time to get the ball down the field.

Auburn did not allow a sack during the UL and JSU games, all 5 sacks we have allowed on the year were vs LSU.

Auburn did not allow a sack during the UL and JSU games, all 5 sacks we have allowed on the year were vs LSU.

This is what I was thinking. The sad part is they are also the first of many good D fronts we will see. UGA, aTm, Ole Miss, uat, and even MSU are pretty good up front.

In the LSWhoo game, did the fumble/18 yd loss count as a sack? And then the not-called-offsides fumble count as well? Other than that, 3 sacks the rest of the game? That's not terrible against that defense....escpecially having to play from behind the entire game.

In the LSWhoo game, did the fumble/18 yd loss count as a sack? And then the not-called-offsides fumble count as well? Other than that, 3 sacks the rest of the game? That's not terrible against that defense....escpecially having to play from behind the entire game.

That's not good either seeing as how when he wasn't getting sacked, he still wasn't doing much with the ball

they got pressure on him in more ways than sacks

DTR....we may be saying the same thing...the OL didn't do a terrible job on Saturday....JJ just didn't take advantage of what the OL was doing for him. I was talking more about the OL than JJ's performance.

DTR....we may be saying the same thing...the OL didn't do a terrible job on Saturday....JJ just didn't take advantage of what the OL was doing for him. I was talking more about the OL than JJ's performance.

Is the LSU D that good? Dak couldn't get the run going, but passed on it for over 300 yds and almost won the game. And I thought I heard MSU was basement bound this year in the West...

Watching some of the spring game and JJ looked good. With 5:35 left in the 2nd half is a good place to watch. At 5:01 JJ went to the 3rd option on a play something he hadn't done this season. I'm thinking that he plays like its 7 on 7 and he doesn't pay any attention to underneath coverage at all. A good bit of his passes are completed to sidelines.

Maybe he felt all the pressure of the talk and hype that was put on him and he's just not playing ball, but there was still some bad reads by him in the Aday game.

Is the LSU D that good? Dak couldn't get the run going, but passed on it for over 300 yds and almost won the game. And I thought I heard MSU was basement bound this year in the West...

LSU played passive on both sides of the ball in the second half... Perhaps they were concerned about the game with us the following week or maybe the LSU coaches just thought that they had the game won. Either way, I think they are a legit defense.

I think Gus and Rhett were just as shocked as all of us that JJ lost his marbles once the season started. In another way they may have been a bit premature in naming him the starter after spring ball. Maybe they thought he deserved it part because he had waited without complaint for two years, played well in stand ins for Nick, and did fairly well in spring ball. However this was not the same as when they named Cam the starter. In hindsight maybe they should have left the competition open throughout summer and early fall just to keep him focused and away from all the hype he felt he had to deliver on. I just can't fathom what happened to JJ. From my viewpoint it appears to be mental, and he can't handle the pressure of being the guy or he just felt too much pressure trying to live up to those preseason expectations.

Watching some of the spring game and JJ looked good. With 5:35 left in the 2nd half is a good place to watch. At 5:01 JJ went to the 3rd option on a play something he hadn't done this season. I'm thinking that he plays like its 7 on 7 and he doesn't pay any attention to underneath coverage at all. A good bit of his passes are completed to sidelines.

Maybe he felt all the pressure of the talk and hype that was put on him and he's just not playing ball, but there was still some bad reads by him in the Aday game.

A possible explanation is that he was running against our defense which managed to make second tier QBs look like superstars. We thought our D was better.

I hope the coaches and team can pull it together and move forward.

A possible explanation is that he was running against our defense which managed to make second tier QBs look like superstars. We thought our D was better.

I hope the coaches and team can pull it together and move forward.

I was trying not to say that. He may be comfortable against our defense because he sees them everyday in practice.

Archived