Regardless of who calls plays

AubTiger14

Regardless of who was calling the plays it hasn't been good

1. Why pre-determine before the game that you're going to play both QBs? Why even admit that? If Jeremy had been on fire and we were up 30-0 you still would've brought in White?

2. I was fine with bringing in White to try and spark the offense. But why the heck do you call a rollout on his first play when the dude has one leg?

3. Where did Jovon Robinson go? He is our best play maker.

4. UGA obviously made the adjustment to bring pressure and put everyone at the Line of Scrimmage because we couldn't stretch the field. Did we attempt one screen or draw in the second half? How about a trick play to try and spark the offense? We at least needed to flip the field.

5. Why is every play action pass we run that dumb fake statue of Liberty?

Many of these questions have been discussed in length, but still...

One thing I will say in their defense. It's hard to call a game with a QB that can't complete a pass beyond 10 yds.

I was there, and you could see the UGA defense sending 2-3 defenders just before the snap to the exact point we ran the ball. They knew our calls, especially in the second half.

Pretty sure everyone knew our calls. Pretty sure everyone has known our calls for most of the season now.

I was there, and you could see the UGA defense sending 2-3 defenders just before the snap to the exact point we ran the ball. They knew our calls, especially in the second half.

That is why Nick was so effective. A steady dose of the qb keeping the ball nullifies that key. Add in play action and you have something. Given you have the right players in place.

With JJ at QB we can run about three plays. With SW at QB our options don't improve because he is injured, but according to our offensive brain trust, healthy enough to play.

At Arkansas St I believe that Rhett created the offensive strategy/ base offense. I believe Gus had a heavy influence in the play calling, here at Auburn. I think the issue is that Rhett isn't as good as Gus which is no surprise. Gus is part to blame for play calling but overall implementation is more on Rhet.

For some crazy reason, Malzahn and staff doesn't make any adjustment at halftime. If we go 3 plays and punt in the first half, we come out for the second half doing the same thing. 3 plays and punt.

With JJ at QB we can run about three plays. With SW at QB our options don't improve because he is injured, but according to our offensive brain trust, healthy enough to play.

"We thought he was a little healthier than he was, but we've got to get him healthy before he gets back on the field," Malzahn said.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/11/auburn_qb_sean_whites_knee_not_healthy.html#incart_river_index

At Arkansas St I believe that Rhett created the offensive strategy/ base offense. I believe Gus had a heavy influence in the play calling, here at Auburn. I think the issue is that Rhett isn't as good as Gus which is no surprise. Gus is part to blame for play calling but overall implementation is more on Rhet.

“The bottom line is when we don't do well offensively, that's on me."

Coach Malzahn, http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/11/live_updates_gus_malzahn_previ_13.html#incart_river_index

For some crazy reason, Malzahn and staff doesn't make any adjustment at halftime. If we go 3 plays and punt in the first half, we come out for the second half doing the same thing. 3 plays and punt.

????

I would posit that, at least this last game, adjustments were made. Second half offense showed very little similarity to first.

????

I would posit that, at least this last game, adjustments were made. Second half offense showed very little similarity to first.

Adjustments made. They were just really bad.

????

Adjustments made. They were just really bad.

Acknowledged

I knew our calls.

Every defensive coordinators knows our calls. If one happens to not he has a one in four chance of guessing correctly. :)

This is not a knock on Gus or Lashlee but I think that Gus should remain the HC but should hire him another OC because it is time for some new plays and some new routes; just new everything on the offensive side of the ball because I believe the college football world has caught up to Gus offense; I just think it's time to mix it up a little and if him and Gus can't figure out a new batch of plays.. We as fans know exactly what play we are about to run everytime the offense lines up so surely DC from the opposing team has no problem figuring it out..

WAR EAGLE!!

"We thought he was a little healthier than he was, but we've got to get him healthy before he gets back on the field," Malzahn said.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/11/auburn_qb_sean_whites_knee_not_healthy.html#incart_river_index

Gus must have been the only person in the stadium who did not see after SW's first series of plays that they kid was not up to playing against a UGa defense that knew he was hobbled. Try SW to open the second half or whatever...maybe not a bad plan....but after that????? made no sense....and in fact, was downright disrespectful to SW.....JMO

Gus must have been the only person in the stadium who did not see after SW's first series of plays that they kid was not up to playing against a UGa defense that knew he was hobbled. Try SW to open the second half or whatever...maybe not a bad plan....but after that????? made no sense....and in fact, was downright disrespectful to SW.....JMO

He apparently doesn't watch practice either. No way based on how sw practiced during the week could he have done anything based on Saturday.

Gus should have his butt kicked for that piece of crap effort he gave us. After the butt kicking we took at the hands of UGA last year if you can't get a team heavy with Georgia men then imo he needs to pack it up and hit the road.

I love and support auburn but 2 out of 10 vs UGA does not cut it. I'm done with Gus and lashlee.

http://www.al.com/au...art_river_index

Totally agree.

wde

Staff has been playing people that's been hurt a while now. Don't see why everybody is surprised and stuff now

Playing hurt is normal. Getting put in the game while obviously injured and ineffective is totally different.

wde

I doubt they thought he'd be ineffective but they tried to rush him back like they did Nick Marshall and duke Williams last year. Clearly they thought a hurt SW was better than a 100% JJ

I doubt they thought he'd be ineffective but they tried to rush him back like they did Nick Marshall and duke Williams last year. Clearly they thought a hurt SW was better than a 100% JJ

I could see why they played him in the OM game. He was favoring his knee but he could throw well for the most part. He had a few more high throws than normal maybe due to not planting as normal.

However, there was a noticeable downgrade in performance against uga. On his first rollout you could see he was struggling to run and each landing on the knee was extremely painful.

WDE said he tore something in his foot in the OM game and that's why jj started atm. It never made the press but I wonder if he didn't have a second injury. It often happens when an athlete is adjusting his normal running style to compensate for an injury.

Archived