Playoff picture

FoundationEagle

If North Carolina beats Clemson, they should be in the top 4. I hate how if you're not a brand name or traditional power team like Oklahoma, Notre Dame, or Ohio State then you don't get the benefit of the doubt. North Carolina would be conference champions, something the playoff committee supposedly places high value in. That would give them the edge over Ohio State who didn't win their conference. Ohio State's schedule isn't much better than North Carolina's. Ohio State only beat 1 ranked team, Michigan, while UNC would have beaten #1 Clemson. UNC also only has one loss which is one fewer than a potential 2 loss PAC 12 champion Stanford.

Last year, TCU and Baylor got left out mainly because they weren't Texas or Oklahoma. If North Carolina gets left out, then there should be real questions asked of the objectivity of the playoff committee's standards and how fair they are when looking at things like team names or traditional power teams. Do they pick and choose which criteria to use on each team or do they use the same criteria to judge all teams the same way?

You can bet that if UNC knocks off Clemson, Kirk Herbstreit and ESPN's clown car of football analysts will be clamoring for Ohio State to get in despite not winning their conference. Herbstreit is now on the Oklahoma bandwagon since Ohio State loss to Michigan State but it Clemson goes down, then Herbstreit will try to lobby for Ohio State by bashing UNC's loss to a 3-9 South Carolina, yet Herbstreit and several others don't seem equally bothered by Oklahoma's loss to a likely 4-8 Texas team. If Oklahoma can be considered solidly in the top 4 despite an equally embarassing loss to Texas, then North Carolina should be judged by the same standards. Also, Oklahoma got the benefit of playing their toughest opponents who had to use backup QB's against them. Yet, Oklahoma is getting rewarded for catching those breaks simply because they're a traditional power team.

Oklahoma isn't catching any breaks. They are 11-1 and the Big 12 Champions outright. They lost Mayfield during the TCU game, and State used a two QB system all year long so Walsh was hardly some green backup with no experience or abilities that has never been in a big game. And if you watched that game I don't think the 2 QB system would of helped anyway, they couldn't keep OU off the running qb that night.

Shouldn't we be asking the same questions with Alabama? The SEC isn't that great this year and is 0-2 vs the Big 12. Maybe Alabama is getting the breaks.

Let's be honest also. Texas lost to teams like Notre Dame, Cal, TCU, Ok State. South Carolina lost to The Citadel. Hell Texas might be in the championship game against Alabama if it played in the SEC East.

Now I agree if UNC wins then they should be in and not Ohio State. I agree last year Baylor got left out cause of its name. Far as OU this year though, they are the outright Big 12 champions that played a legit schedule.

And ESPN is actually pushing the jump of Stanford over Ohio State at the moment if they win.

Why does North Carolina get beat up for their loss to SC in the first game of the season, yet Oklahoma is getting a pass for a bad loss to Texas?

I thunk that conference champion is more of a tiebreaker than anything else. They look at everything else and then if there is no clear difference between the two, then they go to the conference champion.

That's true....right up until that result does not fit the desired outcome.

Nobody wants UNC in the play-off because in general the ACC is # 5 of the Power 5 conferences and once they no longer have an undefeated team, they are done.

But no need to burn too many brain cells over this problem because it's a high probability that form will hold....bama and Clemson will win... and the 4 teams in the play-off are the top 4 teams today.

I think OU is playing the best football of anyone right now. They have the athletes and scheme to take out Alabama.

Plus they will most likely play that game in Dallas. That is a home game for OU, pretty much like Auburn playing in Atlanta.

That's assuming they match them up in the semifinals. I've seen several projections with them in opposite brackets.

I havent followed it that greatly, but all the ones I have seen have had Bama 2 and OU 3. Guess your seeing some with OU 4? or is Bama jumping Clemson?

What I was seeing was people projecting Alabama to move ahead of Clemson. I don't see that happening now. If it were going to happen it would have this week.

I thunk that conference champion is more of a tiebreaker than anything else. They look at everything else and then if there is no clear difference between the two, then they go to the conference champion.

That's true....right up until that result does not fit the desired outcome.

Nobody wants UNC in the play-off because in general the ACC is # 5 of the Power 5 conferences and once they no longer have an undefeated team, they are done.

But no need to burn too many brain cells over this problem because it's a high probability that form will hold....bama and Clemson will win... and the 4 teams in the play-off are the top 4 teams today.

They're schedule is less than impressive,. Their best two wins thus far are over two 8-4 teams. That will hurt.

Oklahoma isn't catching any breaks. They are 11-1 and the Big 12 Champions outright. They lost Mayfield during the TCU game, and State used a two QB system all year long so Walsh was hardly some green backup with no experience or abilities that has never been in a big game. And if you watched that game I don't think the 2 QB system would of helped anyway, they couldn't keep OU off the running qb that night.

Shouldn't we be asking the same questions with Alabama? The SEC isn't that great this year and is 0-2 vs the Big 12. Maybe Alabama is getting the breaks.

Let's be honest also. Texas lost to teams like Notre Dame, Cal, TCU, Ok State. South Carolina lost to The Citadel. Hell Texas might be in the championship game against Alabama if it played in the SEC East.

Now I agree if UNC wins then they should be in and not Ohio State. I agree last year Baylor got left out cause of its name. Far as OU this year though, they are the outright Big 12 champions that played a legit schedule.

And ESPN is actually pushing the jump of Stanford over Ohio State at the moment if they win.

Oklahoma played Baylor with their backup and TCU with their backup and TCU's best receiver was also out and is going to miss the rest of the season. TCU should have won despite their QB throwing 3 interceptions. Oklahoma finally had to find out what the other teams they beat felt like playing without Mayfield but Oklahoma only had to play without their starting QB for a half and not the whole game like TCU.

Oklahoma flat out lost to Texas. It wasn't a fluke. Texas ran all over Oklahoma and dominated both lines of scrimmage. They sacked Mayfield like 6 or 7 times and shut down Oklahoma's running game. Have you seen Texas play? They lost to Iowa State 24-0. Iowa State's 3-9 and fired Paul Rhoades. They got blasted by TCU 50-7 the week before they beat Oklahoma and also got blasted in their 1st game 38-3 to Notre Dame. Texas is a bad team.

Oklahoma State was overrated. They barely beat a bad Texas team, barely beat a 3-9 Iowa State team 35-31, had a lot of other close games where they just outscored their opponent, and they lost to Baylor the week before who had to play their 3rd string QB in the 2nd half and Baylor still managed beat them at Oklahoma State........ hahahahaha

Alabama beat:

UGA 9-3

Tennessee 8-4

LSU 8-3

Miss. State 8-4

Texas A&M 8-4

Wisconsin 9-3

Auburn 6-6

Arkansas 7-5

Middle Tennessee 7-5

*Florida 10-3

* has not played yet

Alabama's got one of the toughest schedules in the country. They handed Wisconsin, UGA, LSU, and Texas A&M each their 1st loss. South Carolina just played Clemson a decent game and didn't get blown out by the #1 team in the country. The SEC is still the best conference in college football even though it is down this year. Texas A&M beat Arizona State, South Carolina beat UNC, Auburn beat Louisville, and Missouri beat BYU.

The Big 12's non-conference schedules were a joke. Baylor and Oklahoma State didn't play a power 5 team in non-conference. Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and TCU were the only Big 12 teams to beat a power 5 non-conference opponent with a winning record.

I don't mind that Oklahoma is in despite having caught breaks. They're conference champions and only have one loss. I just don't like how UNC is being held to a double standard despite having similarities to Oklahoma. If they beat #1 Clemson, they should be in but ESPN seems determined to push their agenda and try to influence the playoff committee.

Oklahoma played Baylor with their backup and TCU with their backup and TCU's best receiver was also out and is going to miss the rest of the season. TCU should have won despite their QB throwing 3 interceptions. Oklahoma finally had to find out what the other teams they beat felt like playing without Mayfield but Oklahoma only had to play without their starting QB for a half and not the whole game like TCU.

Oklahoma flat out lost to Texas. It wasn't a fluke. Texas ran all over Oklahoma and dominated both lines of scrimmage. They sacked Mayfield like 6 or 7 times and shut down Oklahoma's running game. Have you seen Texas play? They lost to Iowa State 24-0. Iowa State's 3-9 and fired Paul Rhoades. They got blasted by TCU 50-7 the week before they beat Oklahoma and also got blasted in their 1st game 38-3 to Notre Dame. Texas is a bad team.

Oklahoma State was overrated. They barely beat a bad Texas team, barely beat a 3-9 Iowa State team 35-31, had a lot of other close games where they just outscored their opponent, and they lost to Baylor the week before who had to play their 3rd string QB in the 2nd half and Baylor still managed beat them at Oklahoma State........ hahahahaha

Alabama beat:

UGA 9-3

Tennessee 8-4

LSU 8-3

Miss. State 8-4

Texas A&M 8-4

Wisconsin 9-3

Auburn 6-6

Arkansas 7-5

Middle Tennessee 7-5

*Florida 10-3

* has not played yet

Alabama's got one of the toughest schedules in the country. They handed Wisconsin, UGA, LSU, and Texas A&M each their 1st loss. South Carolina just played Clemson a decent game and didn't get blown out by the #1 team in the country. The SEC is still the best conference in college football even though it is down this year. Texas A&M beat Arizona State, South Carolina beat UNC, Auburn beat Louisville, and Missouri beat BYU.

The Big 12's non-conference schedules were a joke. Baylor and Oklahoma State didn't play a power 5 team in non-conference. Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and TCU were the only Big 12 teams to beat a power 5 non-conference opponent with a winning record.

I don't mind that Oklahoma is in despite having caught breaks. They're conference champions and only have one loss. I just don't like how UNC is being held to a double standard despite having similarities to Oklahoma. If they beat #1 Clemson, they should be in but ESPN seems determined to push their agenda and try to influence the playoff committee.

The ESPN agenda is getting teams that give them maximum viewership and maximum profit. They know that if UNC were in a playoff game the same night their basketball team had a game, their fans would be watching the basketball game.

Whose gonna get the crowd....bama vs oklahoma and Clemson vs Mich State. JMO

If North Carolina beats Clemson, they should be in the top 4. I hate how if you're not a brand name or traditional power team like Oklahoma, Notre Dame, or Ohio State then you don't get the benefit of the doubt. North Carolina would be conference champions, something the playoff committee supposedly places high value in. That would give them the edge over Ohio State who didn't win their conference. Ohio State's schedule isn't much better than North Carolina's. Ohio State only beat 1 ranked team, Michigan, while UNC would have beaten #1 Clemson. UNC also only has one loss which is one fewer than a potential 2 loss PAC 12 champion Stanford.

Last year, TCU and Baylor got left out mainly because they weren't Texas or Oklahoma. If North Carolina gets left out, then there should be real questions asked of the objectivity of the playoff committee's standards and how fair they are when looking at things like team names or traditional power teams. Do they pick and choose which criteria to use on each team or do they use the same criteria to judge all teams the same way?

You can bet that if UNC knocks off Clemson, Kirk Herbstreit and ESPN's clown car of football analysts will be clamoring for Ohio State to get in despite not winning their conference. Herbstreit is now on the Oklahoma bandwagon since Ohio State loss to Michigan State but it Clemson goes down, then Herbstreit will try to lobby for Ohio State by bashing UNC's loss to a 3-9 South Carolina, yet Herbstreit and several others don't seem equally bothered by Oklahoma's loss to a likely 4-8 Texas team. If Oklahoma can be considered solidly in the top 4 despite an equally embarassing loss to Texas, then North Carolina should be judged by the same standards. Also, Oklahoma got the benefit of playing their toughest opponents who had to use backup QB's against them. Yet, Oklahoma is getting rewarded for catching those breaks simply because they're a traditional power team.

Why does North Carolina get beat up for their loss to SC in the first game of the season, yet Oklahoma is getting a pass for a bad loss to Texas?

Cause as mentioned. South Carolina lost to the Citadel.

As of right now unless I missed something. There are 5 teams in the current top 25 that OU beat. UNC if they beat Clemson will have one team.

Alabama beat:

UGA 9-3

Tennessee 8-4

LSU 8-3

Miss. State 8-4

Texas A&M 8-4

Wisconsin 9-3

Auburn 6-6

Arkansas 7-5

Middle Tennessee 7-5

*Florida 10-3

* has not played yet

Alabama beat:

UGA 9-3

Tennessee 8-4

LSU 8-3

Miss. State 8-4

Texas A&M 8-4

Wisconsin 9-3

Auburn 6-6

Arkansas 7-5

Middle Tennessee 7-5

*Florida 10-3

* has not played yet

And those back ups and third string QB's would be starters at pretty much all the SEC schools mentioned......................hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahha.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/watch-colin-cowherd-obliterate-sec/

Lol and Georgia needed OT to beat Georgia Southern. Auburn needed OT to beat Jacksonville State. Florida needed OT to beat Florida Atlantic.

Who was the big power 5 win for Ole Miss? Ut Martin, Fresno State, New Mexico State. Memphis? How about Miss State? Is that Southern Miss, Northwestern State, Troy, or La Tech. The big LSU statement OOC victory? McKneese State, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, or maybe 4-8 Syracuse? Georgia.. well must be talking about Louisiana Monroe, Southern University, Georgia Southern, or the mighty 3-9 Georgia Tech. Mean c'mom lol Tenn played one Power 5 conference foe and lost (OU at home), Arkansas one power 5 conference foe and lost (Texas Tech at home), Florida one power 5 foe and lost. Texas aTm had one that was 6-6. Auburn didn't play one.

Let's be honest about Wisconsin also. They didn't play Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State.

If you SEC up the Longhorn schedule, so drop having two power 5 conference opponents with winning records and add in some Citadels and Charleston Southerns and put them in the East they are playing Bama this weekend probably.

So OU gets pushed by a backup QB and thats a problem, Bama got pushed by a team with a backup QB this last Saturday also (unless White didn't lose the job due to injury). They get to play Florida in the Championship game with Florida using a back up QB.

I also remember what happened last time Alabama played OU with OU's backup qb (Knight). Bama didn't cover that 17.5 points.

There is every reason to give just as much grief about Alabama and UNC as there is OU and UNC.

And those back ups and third string QB's would be starters at pretty much all the SEC schools mentioned......................hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahha.

http://www.saturdayd...obliterate-sec/

Lol and Georgia needed OT to beat Georgia Southern. Auburn needed OT to beat Jacksonville State. Florida needed OT to beat Florida Atlantic.

Who was the big power 5 win for Ole Miss? Ut Martin, Fresno State, New Mexico State. Memphis? How about Miss State? Is that Southern Miss, Northwestern State, Troy, or La Tech. The big LSU statement OOC victory? McKneese State, Eastern Michigan, Western Kentucky, or maybe 4-8 Syracuse? Georgia.. well must be talking about Louisiana Monroe, Southern University, Georgia Southern, or the mighty 3-9 Georgia Tech. Mean c'mom lol Tenn played one Power 5 conference foe and lost (OU at home), Arkansas one power 5 conference foe and lost (Texas Tech at home), Florida one power 5 foe and lost. Texas aTm had one that was 6-6. Auburn didn't play one.

Let's be honest about Wisconsin also. They didn't play Michigan, Michigan State, or Ohio State.

If you SEC up the Longhorn schedule, so drop having two power 5 conference opponents with winning records and add in some Citadels and Charleston Southerns and put them in the East they are playing Bama this weekend probably.

So OU gets pushed by a backup QB and thats a problem, Bama got pushed by a team with a backup QB this last Saturday also (unless White didn't lose the job due to injury). They get to play Florida in the Championship game with Florida using a back up QB.

I also remember what happened last time Alabama played OU with OU's backup qb (Knight). Bama didn't cover that 17.5 points.

There is every reason to give just as much grief about Alabama and UNC as there is OU and UNC.

The committee has said that they would take into consideration if a team loses one of their key players, is highly ranked and near the top 4 but apparently beating a team who has key players out doesn't matter and isn't considered when judging a team's record or strength of schedule. They're just assuming that a team would win regardless of whether the opponent is without their best players. I don't like giving too much credit to a team who beats multiple teams without their best players. It doesn't really give you a complete picture of how good Oklahoma really is or if they've just been benefitting from catching teams without their key players.

Oklahoma's only went up against a couple of decent defenses this season and 1 of them was an SEC team(Tennessee). Alabama will have the best defense Oklahoma will have played by far. If Texas could control the line of scrimmage and get pressure on Mayfield, there's no reason the think Alabama won't either. Oklahoma won't have a run game to compliment Mayfield the way Trevor Knight had in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago. Texas shut down OU's offense and Alabama will do the same if they play Oklahoma.

Conference championship games only matter if you're Baylor or TCU. They apparently don't matter as much if you're Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Notre Dame. The playoff committee is already showing how inconsistent their selection process is when they snubbed Baylor and TCU last year, yet Oklahoma has somehow jumped to #3 and might be #2 or #1 if Clemson does down. I fully expect the playoff committee to snub UNC also if they were to beat #1 Clemson.

Good points Texan, but you could have atleast got Auburns schedule right since you're "4Auburn"...we beat Louisville who is in the ACC. The rest of the points are valid.

I always forget that Louisville moved to the ACC. My bad.

Oklahoma now is a lot better team than the one that lost to Texas earlier in the season.

http://www.saturdayd...obliterate-sec/

The committee has said that they would take into consideration if a team loses one of their key players, is highly ranked and near the top 4 but apparently beating a team who has key players out doesn't matter and isn't considered when judging a team's record or strength of schedule. They're just assuming that a team would win regardless of whether the opponent is without their best players. I don't like giving too much credit to a team who beats multiple teams without their best players. It doesn't really give you a complete picture of how good Oklahoma really is or if they've just been benefitting from catching teams without their key players.

Oklahoma's only went up against a couple of decent defenses this season and 1 of them was an SEC team(Tennessee). Alabama will have the best defense Oklahoma will have played by far. If Texas could control the line of scrimmage and get pressure on Mayfield, there's no reason the think Alabama won't either. Oklahoma won't have a run game to compliment Mayfield the way Trevor Knight had in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago. Texas shut down OU's offense and Alabama will do the same if they play Oklahoma.

Conference championship games only matter if you're Baylor or TCU. They apparently don't matter as much if you're Oklahoma, Ohio State, or Notre Dame. The playoff committee is already showing how inconsistent their selection process is when they snubbed Baylor and TCU last year, yet Oklahoma has somehow jumped to #3 and might be #2 or #1 if Clemson does down. I fully expect the playoff committee to snub UNC also if they were to beat #1 Clemson.

So we should make a list of every team that Alabama has played without top players then. Injuries are part of football. So like with Auburn, didn't have Duke, we were back to Johnson, didn't we have O-line injury also in that game? Did Trey Matthews play? How many other teams were missing key players in key positions or lost them during the game.

Also isn't it supposed to be frowned upon to play FCS teams now? Lol especially when the FCS team shows up, plays its starters for like one maybe two series and then puts in the back ups and says thanks for the $500k? They didn't even try and compete! At least Oklahoma's FCS opponents showed up to.... oh wait they didn't schedule a FCS opponent. They also scheduled one OOC power 5 and unlike the SEC they play 9 conference games instead of 8 so OU actually played more power 5 conference teams, and Tulsa had the worst record of those opponents at 6-6. Alabama's worst opponent, that wasn't FCS, was 1-11 LA Monroe (that lost to Tulsa). Lol and like Florida, it also took Tulsa OT to beat Florida Atlantic.

And Alabama faced how many good offenses? Ole Miss.

Let's talk if's and just single games. OU had a bad game against Texas, no argument. Let's start judging Alabama's entire season off that loss to Ole Miss then. So no reason to think that Alabama won't have multiple turnovers against OU especially since OU has a better turnover margin ratio than Alabama.

Ou's rush offense is ranked 16th in the nation, and the pass offense is ranked 19th in the nation. They have a run game, they have a passing game, they have a mobile QB that can make plays with his feet. They are not Auburn where you put everyone on the line and challenge the pass and it gets thrown off target or the reciever drops it. Perine has 1300 yards and 15 TDs on the ground and Shepard has 1200 yards and 11 TD's. They are balanced. They will do the thing Saban hates, they will no huddle and tempo and they will air it out deep to a quality reciever.

And don't forget that last year the Big 12 tried to pull the Co-champion stuff and double dip with Baylor and TCU. That hurt them:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25190679/barry-alvarez-co-champions-impacted-big-12-in-playoff-last-year

Why the Big 12 redid the tiebreakers for this season and stated it will name a conference champion.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/25176596/big-12-will-actually-have-one-true-champion-with-new-tiebreakers

Mean you are complaining about name bias in this thread and yet overlooking a conference that gets the most bias due to its past, and a team that gets as much if not more name recognition than anyone in the country.

I am thinking UNC will get left out now to be honest. If Stanford wins against USC and UNC wins Stanford will get the 4 slot. Notre Dame, Northwestern, Oregon, Southern Cal are all ranked in the Playoff rankings. UNC has one team and that is Clemson.

So we should make a list of every team that Alabama has played without top players then. Injuries are part of football. So like with Auburn, didn't have Duke, we were back to Johnson, didn't we have O-line injury also in that game? Did Trey Matthews play? How many other teams were missing key players in key positions or lost them during the game.

Also isn't it supposed to be frowned upon to play FCS teams now? Lol especially when the FCS team shows up, plays its starters for like one maybe two series and then puts in the back ups and says thanks for the $500k? They didn't even try and compete! At least Oklahoma's FCS opponents showed up to.... oh wait they didn't schedule a FCS opponent. They also scheduled one OOC power 5 and unlike the SEC they play 9 conference games instead of 8 so OU actually played more power 5 conference teams, and Tulsa had the worst record of those opponents at 6-6. Alabama's worst opponent, that wasn't FCS, was 1-11 LA Monroe (that lost to Tulsa). Lol and like Florida, it also took Tulsa OT to beat Florida Atlantic.

And Alabama faced how many good offenses? Ole Miss.

Let's talk if's and just single games. OU had a bad game against Texas, no argument. Let's start judging Alabama's entire season off that loss to Ole Miss then. So no reason to think that Alabama won't have multiple turnovers against OU especially since OU has a better turnover margin ratio than Alabama.

Ou's rush offense is ranked 16th in the nation, and the pass offense is ranked 19th in the nation. They have a run game, they have a passing game, they have a mobile QB that can make plays with his feet. They are not Auburn where you put everyone on the line and challenge the pass and it gets thrown off target or the reciever drops it. Perine has 1300 yards and 15 TDs on the ground and Shepard has 1200 yards and 11 TD's. They are balanced. They will do the thing Saban hates, they will no huddle and tempo and they will air it out deep to a quality reciever.

And don't forget that last year the Big 12 tried to pull the Co-champion stuff and double dip with Baylor and TCU. That hurt them:

http://www.cbssports...ayoff-last-year

Why the Big 12 redid the tiebreakers for this season and stated it will name a conference champion.

http://www.cbssports...new-tiebreakers

Mean you are complaining about name bias in this thread and yet overlooking a conference that gets the most bias due to its past, and a team that gets as much if not more name recognition than anyone in the country.

Auburn wouldn't have beat Alabama even with Duke Williams or with a completely healthy team. Jeremy was the starter to begin the season, so it's only fitting he played. We couldn't stop Derrick Henry, case closed. We could have sacked Coker multiple times but didn't because of bad tackling. It's a red herring to think Auburn was going to beat Alabama.................. Alabama was the better team despite what Peyton Barber says.

Alabama beat UGA with a healthy Chubb. They beat Texas A&M at their best. They beat LSU with Fournette and were the first team to shut down Fournette. Alabama's literally gotten everyone's best shot. Alabama lost to Ole Miss because they didn't play Coker the whole game. Their offense struggled without him. Ole Miss is the one, like Oklahoma, that beat an opponent that had a key player not playing the whole game.

Alabama has earned their name recognition like it or not under Saban. Oklahoma hasn't won anything since 2000 and flopped in big games when it really matters.

How was a pathetic Texas team able to shut down OU's offense if their offense is such a juggernaut? OU's got to beat Alabama before I concede they're a legit team. OU's gotten more breaks while playing in a weaker conference. I guess we'll find out how for real OU is in the playoffs. Hopefully they get Bama in the semi-finals and not seeded to play someone else instead. If they beat Alabama, I'll eat crow and say I was wrong and that Alabama was overrated.

I do not believe that the big 12 is a weaker conference, not now. The SEC is not what it has been recently and the big 12 has improved to the point of no real difference.

The quality of the SEC this year falls off pretty quickly...pretty much bama and the 13 dwarfs or something close to that. The BIG 12 has several serious teams IMO. UF has a chance to step up and prove they are meaningful......but I'd take bama -17 against them from what I've seen.

I do not believe that the big 12 is a weaker conference, not now. The SEC is not what it has been recently and the big 12 has improved to the point of no real difference.

The quality of the SEC this year falls off pretty quickly...pretty much bama and the 13 dwarfs or something close to that. The BIG 12 has several serious teams IMO. UF has a chance to step up and prove they are meaningful......but I'd take bama -17 against them from what I've seen.

UF might be the one team with worse qb play than AU.

The Big 12 has some seriously good teams, OU, Baylor, TCU, and Okie St, but after those 4 there is a drop off this year. I think OU is very good and as balanced on O as they were two years ago. OU has a quick and fast D that will give bama O issues.

i think Clemson would be the best matchup against Bama. I'm not sold on OK.. didnt they win their biggest 3 games or so against teams without starting QB's?

Well it's set now. Clemson vs OU and Bama vs MSU.

MSU jumped Okie? What? Ridiculous.

i think Clemson would be the best matchup against Bama. I'm not sold on OK.. didnt they win their biggest 3 games or so against teams without starting QB's?

Backup QB in the Big 12 equals starting QB in the SEC lol.

Archived