Men vs. Harvard - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a blueprint of what teams are going to do AU in SEC play. Shut down Canty and make the rest of the team beat you. Working wonders for Harvard. Someone is going to have to figure out how to create or AU is going to have to learn an offense where people actually move around a bit.

i am trying to figure out exactly what i am watching....this team didn't come to play today and its as simple as that.....the effort is not there and its frustrating to watch

Been like this since the finals break. Sloppy, undiciplined basketball. Not sure what Bruce is working on, but they aren't playing well in any area. Looks like the last 10 years of AU basketball really.

I thought we looked pretty good yesterday take away a few minutes early in both halves. Nothing like today.

Back-to-back days on the court starting to take its toll on both teams. Would like to see a run to end this one but I don't know if the legs have it. Losing one of our starters didn't help, either. Keep digging fellas. It will pay off later in the season.

Bowers at the free throw line. ft no good. crap.

See, that's on you for expecting a different outcome. :P/>

:dunno:/> :rolleyes:/>

Just one of those days. Hard to watch when you expect them to make steps forward, but since the finals break, AU has looked like this. Just looks worse when they play good, diciplined teams like Harvard. I know it sounds negative when I say that AU isn't any better than last year or much better than the year before, but that's the evidence we see on the court this year. Doesn't mean they won't get better, just means it's the same product. Still waiting on good players. We though there were a couple more, but all that's happened is the ones AU had last year have been replaced with like-kind abilities. If the one scorer AU has isn't able to create like today, then you get the result we see today.

I'm waiting to see if Bruce can pull something together the resembles a team, but it's going backwards right now. Not sure he has the players to get to dome this year. Teams are figuring out how to stop Harris, Canty, and Dunans, who were the early season catalysis. Canty has overcome it (until today, 1-13 yikes), but the others have been largely nonfactors when AU has needed them lately (in spite of Dunans' 20 yesterday).

i am trying to figure out exactly what i am watching....this team didn't come to play today and its as simple as that.....the effort is not there and its frustrating to watch

Been like this since the finals break. Sloppy, undiciplined basketball. Not sure what Bruce is working on, but they aren't playing well in any area. Looks like the last 10 years of AU basketball really.

I thought we looked pretty good yesterday take away a few minutes early in both halves. Nothing like today.

New Mexico was drilled by 30 today, they aren't a great team (in spite of what golf says:)). Canty hit shots and kept it close and AU was able to get a great run. Harvard is diciplined on defense and plays hard all the time. AU wanted none of that today. Good film for them to see what good teams with less overall talent can do to teams who have little to no chemistry or dicipline.

Unless Purifoy is the 2nd coming of Jordan, we're in for another long season.

And like clock work here you are when we are struggling to poor mouth everything.

Archived