Jovon Robinson 2016-17 Season

agent_jack

another factor is money. as I understand it, he is not hurting for that due to some inheritance he received from his father. he knows another year will impact him positively for the next draft, and he won't struggle financially in doing so. just my two cents.

His father was unlawfully murdered by Memphis police, so he got a substantial insurance/lawsuit payment. Fwiw.

Totally didn't know that piece of information.

From a USA Today article:

In 2002, Memphis police wrongly shot Jeffrey Robinson as part of a botched drug raid, then planted evidence to cover it up. The family ultimately received more than $1 million split amongst his five children.

another factor is money. as I understand it, he is not hurting for that due to some inheritance he received from his father. he knows another year will impact him positively for the next draft, and he won't struggle financially in doing so. just my two cents.

His father was unlawfully murdered by Memphis police, so he got a substantial insurance/lawsuit payment. Fwiw.

Totally didn't know that piece of information.

From a USA Today article:

In 2002, Memphis police wrongly shot Jeffrey Robinson as part of a botched drug raid, then planted evidence to cover it up. The family ultimately received more than $1 million split amongst his five children.

Sad. Jovon was just a kid. Hopefully he didn't witness it.

Shocking, the police murder someone and then try to cover it up. And I bet no officer go indicted for it either. Oh wait....wrong thread...continue on.

FWIW... A coworker of mine, who works with Jovon's girlfriend at his second job, was telling my manager and I about how the Girlfriend has been trying to "help" Jovon apply himself, be less laissez-faire and stop getting in the doghouse with the coaching staff.

Seeing how the conversation was very much present-tense in tone, I would speculate that Jovon has no intentions of leaving.

So there... you heard it from the guy, who heard it from a guy, who heard it from the girl who dates Jovon Robinson.

FWIW... A coworker of mine, who works with Jovon's girlfriend at his second job, was telling my manager and I about how the Girlfriend has been trying to "help" Jovon apply himself, be less laissez-faire and stop getting in the doghouse with the coaching staff.

Seeing how the conversation was very much present-tense in tone, I would speculate that Jovon has no intentions of leaving.

So there... you heard it from the guy, who heard it from a guy, who heard it from the girl who dates Jovon Robinson.

Which, i guess is good news on the return front, but bad news on the "he's got his head in the right place already" front.

Which, i guess is good news on the return front, but bad news on the "he's got his head in the right place already" front.

As my coworker put it, Jovon "goes from 0 to 100... real quick" so you're right hopefully he starts the next year with the same passion he showed to NSD a couple years back.

I think Jovon could be a Heisman Trophy finalist for 2016 and could very well lead the SEC in rushing yards. One more good season would possibly make him a 1st round pick. His upside is excellent and he will be another member of "Running Back U"

I do not need some guru to back this up. What I saw this season was one heck of a good RB that will help us to compete for the SEC title and a final 4 team and who knows!

That is Better than some "sources" claimed here. Thanks for sharing.

IF this coaching staff commits to JR, he could come out of the gates making waves. JR seems to be a bit different than some of the past JUCO transfers with his relationship with the coaches. And we know Malzhan sometimes tries to prove a point. But there comes a time when you just let a guy play.

Back in the day, Brent Fullwood hardly even practiced. He rode on the stationary bike all practice. Come game time, Dye did not try to prove a point. He turned him loose. Sometimes you gotta see that something different in a guy and go against your feeling. Nobody hated Brent, they appreciated the game day talent. And he stayed healthy for the game.

I don't see this as the same situation, but I do see JR as having that potential. He's really good for his size. We could ride him as long as he stays healthy.

IF this coaching staff commits to JR, he could come out of the gates making waves. JR seems to be a bit different than some of the past JUCO transfers with his relationship with the coaches. And we know Malzhan sometimes tries to prove a point. But there comes a time when you just let a guy play.

Back in the day, Brent Fullwood hardly even practiced. He rode on the stationary bike all practice. Come game time, Dye did not try to prove a point. He turned him loose. Sometimes you gotta see that something different in a guy and go against your feeling. Nobody hated Brent, they appreciated the game day talent. And he stayed healthy for the game.

I don't see this as the same situation, but I do see JR as having that potential. He's really good for his size. We could ride him as long as he stays healthy.

From all accounts, including Jovon's, the coaching staff is fully ready to commit to him. He just has to get to the point where he's ready to commit 100% to the team. He seems to be getting there.

Archived