FBS Championship Game Thread

around4ever

they corrected the clock ....don't get too excited. Clemson did not handle the last few seconds well....that dump pass over the middle was a big mistake ....made them use a TO.

I think we saw the same thing. +1

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only one reason I'd pull for Clemson. So we can repay Dabo for showing his monkey shines after the game against us in 2011.

That's a good one, but seriously, only one?

Pulling for the meteor otherwise.

they corrected the clock ....don't get too excited. Clemson did not handle the last few seconds well....that dump pass over the middle was a big mistake ....made them use a TO.

No they didn't should have been at least 12 seconds on the clock after the spike to kill the clock without taking a timeout. Ref called for time clock keeper stopped it then started almost immediately

But he used his TO because it was running down

He completed two passes in bounds....clock only stops to reset the chains....should not have thrown passes where player could not get out of bounds....that was on Watson probably....wasted the TOs....but refs did not cause the FG to be blocked. A bad last minute for the Tigers....let 3 points get away IMO.j

No they didn't. They put 3 seconds on the clock to 9 seconds. The previous play was over at 15 seconds (just rewound and double checked). Putting 3 seconds back after you forced a team to use their final timeout because you shorted them 9 seconds isn't "correcting" it. That's ref speak for " we just don't want you to win, but we put a little back on so we can say we "tried" to make it right". You can't tell me not a single ref looked at the clock when the tackle was made. Completely inexcusable.

It amazes me, however it shouldn't amaze me, that ESPN is refusing to talk about the clock situation at the end of the half.

Good news...Watson can play....bad news....we play him first game next year....ugh.

i hope he goes pro.

PLEASE! :hail:

True sophomore. Tough luck, guys. We're facing him this year.

Good news...Watson can play....bad news....we play him first game next year....ugh.

i hope he goes pro.

Only a soph...but he made some soph plays today....gotta play better for them to win this game.

It amazes me, however it shouldn't amaze me, that ESPN is refusing to talk about the clock situation at the end of the half.

maybe there is nothing to talk about.

But he used his TO because it was running down

He completed two passes in bounds....clock only stops to reset the chains....should not have thrown passes where player could not get out of bounds....that was on Watson probably....wasted the TOs....but refs did not cause the FG to be blocked. A bad last minute for the Tigers....let 3 points get away IMO.j

wrong on this one 64 sorry.

you are wrong! Please admit it and move on or hush.

Costing a team their final TO, shorting a team 6 seconds and the chance a definite 1 play and a possible 2 plays is "nothing to talk about". Starting to believe you've been posing as a tiger this whole time. Only a bammer would believe that nonsense. Cmon now.

Costing a team their final TO, shorting a team 6 seconds and the chance a definite 1 play and a possible 2 plays is "nothing to talk about". Starting to believe you've been posing as a tiger this whole time. Only a bammer would believe that nonsense. Cmon now.

agree 100%

This a championship game...refs are not going to call everything they see....the way to ruin the game is make it a flag fest. That face mask was BLATANT...but both teams are holding and their Ds are just going to have to fight their way through it. JMO but no point in trying to keep count and to see if people can justify comments that the refs favor bama. I mean, why would they even care since they are from different conferences?

I'm actually listening to the game but it'd be interesting to see a compilation of incidents of holding - of both sides - for a given game.

Personally, I have frequently found myself to be wrong when reviewing plays in slow motion.

you are wrong! Please admit it and move on or hush.

OK....

No secret about clock management by officials. Gotta help uat when possible. Hope Dabo enjoys it.......

i hope he goes pro.

True sophomore. Tough luck, guys. We're facing him this year.

s***! I thought he was a junior. Please refer to meltdown thread.

Kudos to the crew for just reviewing that play. Play was dead with 0:14 seconds left and the ball wasn't set until there were 0:09 left. BS. Losing a chance for a 5-10 yard play over the middle there was immense.

Archived