Iran 'detains' 10 US Navy sailors. Lets them go, hours later. No harm, no foul ?

AURaptor

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the batshitcrazy crowd apparently wanted to start a war as opposed to resolving the issue in less than 24 hours.

Rubio, McCain and anyone paying attention falls in to that camp.

paying attention?

Yep.

McCain always wants war. He doesn't really care who or why.

Yeah, you're probably right.

:laugh:

McCain always wants war. He doesn't really care who or why.

He didn't say he wanted war. He said we shouldn't get pushed around by Iran. Look if they were really trying to be good guys why wouldn't they just offer to fix the boat(s) if they were really broke down? And why did they have our sailors sit with their hands up like they did, then take them to a jail cell and make the female wear a scarf over her head? It's pure BS to say they weren't prisoners for at least awhile and then they broke the Geneva convention by showing a video of our guy apologizing. Note the guy in the background nodding his head in disagreement as much as he dares. We are continually displaying weakness as McCain says. JMO. To each his own.

Iran's humiliation of Barack Obama is complete:

The Iranian humiliation of Barack Obama is now complete. Operation Whatever-The-Farsi-Word-Is-For-BOHICA was a success. This was nofriendly maritime assist from an American ally. It was a coordinated public relations coup from a violent regime that wished to humiliate the very president who in just days will bless the transfer of tens of billions of dollars to the terrorists in charge of Iran’s government.

The Obama administration told us it was just two friendly countries helping each other with a broken boat. The Obama administration told us there was no “hostile intent.” The Obama administration told us no apology was demanded.

None of it was true. Our military personnel were captured, forced to surrender on their knees, and photographed. Their images were thenbroadcast to the world on Wednesday morning by the Iranian regime, aclear violation of the Geneva Conventions. The American woman who was captured was forced to submit to Islamic law and don a hijab. State-run Iranian media announced that the whole affair was meant to be a “lesson” to “troublemakers” in the U.S. Congress.

And the presidential administration of Barack Obama went right along with the whole charade.

The Iranians have this man pegged. They know he’s so desperate for a deal, any deal, to bless Iran’s enrichment of uranium and transfer billions to its terrorist-funding government, that he will say and do anything to make sure it happens. Iran knows how desperately this man craves a deal. He will stop at nothing to make sure it happens.....

Iran does this because Iran knows that at this point in his presidency, a nuclear deal is far more important to Barack Obama than anything else. So Iran will inflict one last humiliation upon the man before extracting $100 billion from him four days from now.

It wasn’t enough to make him bow down. Iran wanted Obama on his knees. Iran wanted him and the country he governs humiliated before a global audience.

Unfortunately, Iran got exactly what it wanted. The Iranian humiliation of Barack Obama is now complete.

http://thefederalist...s-now-complete/

.....Unfortunately, Iran got exactly what it wanted. The Iranian humiliation of Barack Obama is now complete.

:-\

You can stop with the outrage articles. We get it. The people who prefer war with Iran to negotiating with them are still around.

.....Unfortunately, Iran got exactly what it wanted. The Iranian humiliation of Barack Obama is now complete.

You can stop with the outrage articles. We get it. The people who prefer war with Iran to negotiating with them are still around.

And the perpetual false narrative continues. Either agree w/ Obama and this admin, fully capitulate and grab our collective ankles for Iran, or gear up for full scale thermonuclear war.

And the perpetual false narrative continues. Either agree w/ Obama and this admin, fully capitulate and grab our collective ankles for Iran, or gear up for full scale thermonuclear war.

What does what I posted have to do with outrage? Only in Obamaland is the truth cast as outrage...the narrative must be maintained, the truth be damned!

AURaptor, its not like Iran would build a model of a US naval vessel and blow it up. Or capture one of our drones. Or make the female sailor were a hijab.

Oh wait...

What does what I posted have to do with outrage? Only in Obamaland is the truth cast as outrage...the narrative must be maintained, the truth be damned!

it's ALWAYS about " outrage " when anyone dares to disagree w/ the Left. Don't you get it ? The TEA Party rallies were ONLY about angry white folks, upset that Obama was black. They had ZERO to do w/ turning 10 trillion in debt into 20 trillion.

Don't think we should have open borders ? You HATE foreigners ( brown folks ) and are xenophobic.

Oppose the courts mandate of legalizing gay marriage ? HOMOPHOBE !!! There is no middle ground, no compromise ! You're branded a HATER !

On and on it goes.

I think the Chinese did a much better job of embarrassing Bush during the P3 incident. But gosh darn it, those cheap tv's at walmart must not be disrupted.

AURaptor, its not like Iran would build a model of a US naval vessel and blow it up. Or capture one of our drones. Or make the female sailor were a hijab.

Oh wait...

I know! How dare she!

aa-John-McCain-wearing-beanie-at-Wailing-Wall.jpg

I think the Chinese did a much better job of embarrassing Bush during the P3 incident. But gosh darn it, those cheap tv's at walmart must not be disrupted.

Then you'd be wrong.

Oh wait...

I know! How dare she!

You're suggesting that McCain was ever held against his will in Israel, and was forced to show respect while visiting the Wailing Wall ?

Or are you trying to imply that our female sailor , on her own, decided to wear a head covering, out of respect for the ' host nation', which was so gracious as to lend aid and comfort to our poor stranded crew ??

Sorry, neither of those pales holds water.

Wanna try again ?

Then you'd be wrong.

They were held for ten days. We had to issue a written apology. We didnt get our plane back immediately. Yup I'm right.

Oh wait...

I know! How dare she!

You're suggesting that McCain was ever held against his will in Israel, and was forced to show respect while visiting the Wailing Wall ?

Or are you trying to imply that our female sailor , on her own, decided to wear a head covering, out of respect for the ' host nation', which was so gracious as to lend aid and comfort to our poor stranded crew ??

Sorry, neither of those pales holds water.

Wanna try again ?

When I prayed at the western wall I wore a Yamaka. When I was in Bahrain during Ramadan, I wore long sleeves and didnt drink or eat in public.

Oh that's right....you've never been to the middle east...

Quietfan,

There is a big difference in the enemy combatants and our Naval personnel. First the enemy combatants are without a country, they are from a terrorist organization as such the Geneva convention rules don't apply. What the Iranians did does apply.

Then you'd be wrong.

They were held for ten days. We had to issue a written apology. We didnt get our plane back immediately. Yup I'm right.

i started to bring this up earlier.

When I prayed at the western wall I wore a Yamaka. When I was in Bahrain during Ramadan, I wore long sleeves and didnt drink or eat in public.

Was our sailor observing some religious ceremony or holiday ? Attending some holy site ?

No ?

And no, I'll likely never go to the middle east. Not so much interest.

P3 incident happened when our plane had a mid air collision , some 100 miles off land, and in international territory, as I recall.

No where near the same as this incident, so I have no idea why you'd even attempt to play the equivalency game.

There is none.

But that's SOP for the defenders of this President, and the Left in general.

ignore the issue at hand, and then try to play the " But ____ did it too ! " and there by try to imply A = B, so there's no story here.

There is.

Then you'd be wrong.

i started to bring this up earlier.

I dont blame Bush for this anymore than I blame Obama. It's part of the dance.

Show me where I blamed Obama ?

I just said there are questions which need answering.

Was our sailor observing some religious ceremony or holiday ? Attending some holy site ?

No ?

And no, I'll likely never go to the middle east. Not so much interest.

Then STFU about things you have no idea. She was probably asked to cover her hair. She did.

P3 incident happened when our plane had a mid air collision , some 100 miles off land, and in international territory, as I recall.

No where near the same as this incident, so I have no idea why you'd even attempt to play the equivalency game.

There is none.

But that's SOP for the defenders of this President, and the Left in general.

ignore the issue at hand, and then try to play the " But ____ did it too ! " and there by try to imply A = B, so there's no story here.

There is.

The plane landed on Hainan Island without a proper Dip Clearance. The Chinese disregarded our mayday call for a divert runway. They are most certainly the same.

Get off talk radio and join the real world.

Archived