Iran 'detains' 10 US Navy sailors. Lets them go, hours later. No harm, no foul ?

AURaptor

When I prayed at the western wall I wore a Yamaka. When I was in Bahrain during Ramadan, I wore long sleeves and didnt drink or eat in public.

Oh that's right....you've never been to the middle east...

Was our sailor observing some religious ceremony or holiday ? Attending some holy site ?

No ?

And no, I'll likely never go to the middle east. Not so much interest.

Then STFU about things you have no idea. She was probably asked to cover her hair. She did.

Oh sure, she was forced to wear a head covering, after having been taken captive by the Iranian Navy.

Which is TOTALLY ok w/ you. I get that. I really do.

But I'll not STFU, even a little. Because I am not " o.k. " with it. Not ANY of it.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

P3 incident happened when our plane had a mid air collision , some 100 miles off land, and in international territory, as I recall.

No where near the same as this incident, so I have no idea why you'd even attempt to play the equivalency game.

There is none.

But that's SOP for the defenders of this President, and the Left in general.

ignore the issue at hand, and then try to play the " But ____ did it too ! " and there by try to imply A = B, so there's no story here.

There is.

The plane landed on Hainan Island without a proper Dip Clearance. The Chinese disregarded our mayday call for a divert runway. They are most certainly the same.

Get off talk radio and join the real world.

Not remotely the same. Our boats weren't damaged, where they ? Perhaps the nav system was tampered with, sabotaged, but even Joe Biden was right when he said we had nothing to apologize for. And yet, we did.

Get ON talk radio, as it is the real world.

When I prayed at the western wall I wore a Yamaka. When I was in Bahrain during Ramadan, I wore long sleeves and didnt drink or eat in public.

Oh that's right....you've never been to the middle east...

Was our sailor observing some religious ceremony or holiday ? Attending some holy site ?

No ?

And no, I'll likely never go to the middle east. Not so much interest.

Then STFU about things you have no idea. She was probably asked to cover her hair. She did.

Oh sure, she was forced to wear a head covering, after having been taken captive by the Iranian Navy.

Which is TOTALLY ok w/ you. I get that. I really do.

But I'll not STFU, even a little. Because I am not " o.k. " with it. Not ANY of it.

Of course you are not. Talk radio has told you to be upset. She did the right thing. I salute her.

P3 incident happened when our plane had a mid air collision , some 100 miles off land, and in international territory, as I recall.

No where near the same as this incident, so I have no idea why you'd even attempt to play the equivalency game.

There is none.

ignore the issue at hand, and then try to play the " But ____ did it too ! " and there by try to imply A = B, so there's no story here.

There is.

The plane landed on Hainan Island without a proper Dip Clearance. The Chinese disregarded our mayday call for a divert runway. They are most certainly the same.

Not remotely the same. Our boats weren't damaged, where they ? Perhaps the nav system was tampered with, sabotaged, but even Joe Biden was right when he said we had nothing to apologize for. And yet, we did.

They navigated into Iranian territorial waters. The P3 flew into territorial air space to land. The same.

Of course you are not. Talk radio has told you to be upset. She did the right thing. I salute her.

She wasn't given any choice. I bet you salute that too.

Hey Raptor...

2715245364.jpg

Is that somewhere in the Middle East, or Detroit ? Not sure these days.

Ummmm. She's in Navy so she has very few choices.

Ummmm. She's in Navy so she has very few choices.

She chose that.

There is none.

:headscratch: That makes it an even greater "humiliation."

There is none.

There is.

That explains everything. :-\

.....Unfortunately, Iran got exactly what it wanted. The Iranian humiliation of Barack Obama is now complete.

http://thefederalist...s-now-complete/

:-\

You can stop with the outrage articles. We get it. The people who prefer war with Iran to negotiating with them are still around.

And the perpetual false narrative continues. Either agree w/ Obama and this admin, fully capitulate and grab our collective ankles for Iran, or gear up for full scale thermonuclear war.

What does what I posted have to do with outrage? Only in Obamaland is the truth cast as outrage...the narrative must be maintained, the truth be damned!

Geez, I even highlighted it for you. :dunno::no:

And really, "the truth"? You wouldn't know the "truth" if it ran over you. :laugh:

There is none.

There is.

Hell, I would say it was much worse - in terms of "humiliation". ;)

Have the boats been returned?

I assume sailors and boats were allowed to leave , with no further incident.

So they were released? Oh, great, now Obama's accepting Iranian "refugees"!

So they were released? Oh, great, now Obama's accepting Iranian "refugees"!

<_<

Took a short cut that took in them close to disputed territorial water of Iran

While stopped to repair an engine they didn't notice they had drifted into Iran's territory.

Didn't notice the Iranians coming until it was too late.

Told by the Iranians to act happy while on camera

The captain apologized and thanked the Iranians

End of career

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/politics/iran-sailors-act-happy/index.html

Washington (CNN)The 10 U.S. Navy sailors held by Iran were told by their captors to "act happy" while they were being videotaped during their detention, according to a U.S. defense official with access to the latest information about the debriefing of the sailors.

The U.S. commander who spoke on camera has indicated he felt pressure to talk about how well they were being treated. It's not yet clear if he was directly ordered to apologize, the official said.

The U.S sailor was filmed saying, "It was a mistake that was our fault and we apologize for our mistake."

While the nine men and one woman sailor were not physically mistreated, the information from the defense official was the first indication they were under some direct mental duress from the Iranians.

The Iranian state-run TV footage of the sailors being captured, on their knees with their hands behind their heads, and a subsequent video of one sailor apologizing has been fodder for Republican critics of President Barack Obama since the news first hit just hours before his final State of the Union. The latest details could further fan the flames.

As more information has come to light through the debriefs, it's now understood that the crew decided to "cut a corner" to make up time to get to a planned refueling point. It's not clear whether they were lower on fuel than expected.

That change of course began a series of events that led them apparently unknowingly into Iranian waters, officials said.

The crew stopped to fix an engine problem on one of the boats, not realizing they had drifted too close to Iran's Farsi Island, the official said.

Two others defense officials also said it appears the crew was so involved in fixing the engine that they didn't realize where they were until the Iranians boats approached them.

All three officials strongly emphasized the full investigation must be completed before the military will be certain about what happened.

The footage of the sailors was a hot topic in the Republican debate Thursday night -- Donald Trump closed the event by saying: "I stood yesterday with 75 construction workers. They're tough, they're strong, they're great people. Half of them had tears pouring down their face. They were watching the humiliation of our young 10 sailors, sitting on the floor with their knees in a begging position, their hands up."

But the Obama administration, including Secretary of State John Kerry and Defense Secretary Ash Carter, has held fast to the argument that establishing an open line of communication with Iran over the past few years was directly responsible for the safe and quick return of the sailors Wednesday.

White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Friday that if the administration had followed the advice of its critics, the U.S. would probably be at war with Iran.

The incident "underscores the value of responsible, mature leadership," Earnest said. "The President didn't start a war over this."

* While stopped to repair an engine they didn't notice they had drifted into Iran's territory.

End of career

So they really DID forget how to navy ? Geeze.

No one was suggesting Obama start a war over this, but it really does sound ( at least the " official version " ) like an episode of McHale's Navy.

* Hold up, I'm confused now. First, we were told there WAS a mechanical problem. Then we were told there was NO mechanical problem. NOW they're claiming the was one ?

:gofig:

And took a short cut ? What the hell ? It's a bunch of freaking water. Did they cut across the Neutral zone, and try to rescue the Kobayashi Maru ??

* While stopped to repair an engine they didn't notice they had drifted into Iran's territory.

End of career

No one was suggesting Obama start a war over this, but it really does sound ( at least the " official version " ) like an episode of McHale's Navy.

* Hold up, I'm confused now. First, we were told there WAS a mechanical problem. Then we were told there was NO mechanical problem. NOW they're claiming the was one ?

And took a short cut ? What the hell ? It's a bunch of freaking water. Did they cut across the Neutral zone, and try to rescue the Kobayashi Maru ??

Well, there has only been about 3 different iterations of what actually happened...it seems to change everyday which seems very strange to me.

I can see someone playing CYA and giving ' less than accurate ' versions of what took place, anywhere up and down the line.

But this goes back to my basic view, going back to Benghazi.

If you don't KNOW, then don't make up s*** to make it sound like you DO know.

End of career

As someone who has driven a 9000 ton warship and numerous small boats around the Persian Gulf, you sound like a complete moron. Save whatever dignity you have left and stop posting on this subject.

It's a wonder the administration hasn't blamed a You Tube version of the river boat scene from "Hot Shots! 2" for angering the Iranians.

;D

End of career

As someone who has driven a 9000 ton warship and numerous small boats around the Persian Gulf, you sound like a complete moron. Save whatever dignity you have left and stop posting on this subject.

Did you also take short cuts ? :laugh:

End of career

Did you also take short cuts ? :laugh:

You are not making any headway in absorbing that $2500 a year increase to your budget are you? There's no money to be made as a professional poster.

Archived