Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

More than several hundred miles north of that and after living that way for 25ish years, you couldn't get me to a festival like that, at gunpoint. Not only no, HELL no....Been there, done that.

Oof. I'm more out of touch than I thought.

Edit: Referring to the overall bill for Hangout, not Big Freedia. Was really hoping she'd be performing when we were in NOLA last year. Her shows sound like a freaking party.

Obviously not my style or preference, but she is no joke. Has done work with Beyoncé....again, not my style....but it has an audience.

Coffee kickoff.... :coffee:

just recently got interested in this guy. i know people that know him personally. a ton of talent close to home.

Not my flavor but, former drummer of Megadeath and drummer of Ohm, dies after collapsing onstage, in southern Cal.

RIP

http://ultimateclass...-rockers-react/

R.I.P.

Sad to hear.

Bit of a language warning for those non-sailors among us.......

I've seen this before, and love the song.

Guy talking about Townes and Lomax....hehehe. But, I believe Guy when he said they were wasted. No way John Lomax took that picture. Alan, probably.....John died in 1948, he got his Lomax's mixed up. Haha

Damn fine man and writer. A giant that will be missed.

Yep, I knew the loss of that one would get to you, coyote. He was a monster and together, all of them were music magic. Big loss.

Edited by telling tiger

Really glad to see Courtney Barnett getting a foothold. She might've been another Scott Register discovery for me a couple years ago. Something about her voice reminds of Lucinda Williams somehow.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articles/2016/05/watch-courtney-barnett-kill-it-in-her-snl-finale-p.html

Couldn't come up with the word. They have very different accents, but something about the way they enunciate their words. I don't think languid is quite right, but something along those lines.

The other day we talked about technically perfect singers. They enunciate. lol CLEARLY...even if in German or French.

More soulful singers, tend to slur on a few words and intone an emotion, evoke accents or time.

Think What A Beautiful Morning, from Oklahoma vs. Car Wheels on a Gravel Road....