Honest Opinion about Namecalling

DKW 86

What gives with all the Namecalling?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. What gives with all the Namecalling?

• They are insecure and are 'Panicked' by how they play now?
    • It is just simple classless arrogance, another Bama Tradition?
    • It is just in fun and we should ignore it?

Are you telling me that UA stands for Alabama??? I thought we've been discussing Arkansas all this time. Dang, BGB(that's BamaGrad from Birmingham :P ) you've got to be more precise on who we're talking about.

Seriously, this whole thread is getting a little wacko. There's a ton of name calling on both sides and between all rival schools. No big deal. If it gets personal, that's one thing but UAT, Barners, Aubs, Bammies, etc. That doesn't bother me at all.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Names I've heard on WEN

LSWho

Tuscaloser

SPUAT <-the dumbest by far

Ole Piss

USuCk <-a new one that was adopted from LSU fans

Free Shoes University

slUT

UGAly

leg humpers

Corndogs...

my favorite.....

drumroll...

VanderBama

Names I've heard on WEN

drumroll...

VanderBama

140116[/snapback]

Now that is funny!! I personaly don't mind the whole corndog thing, but as long as I can call you guys the warchickens!!

:corndog:

I've always been kind of partial to calling Starkville "Starkpatch" or "Starknaked"...

I've seen Tennessee shortened to UcheaT, before.

Others enjoy the namecalling, I just tire of reading it after a while.

I simply never want any confusion between uat and UAB. UAB, after all, has a WINNING record over the past TWO years. B)

Ahhhh......Here's to "nature's losers". :big::cheers:

I know you dont think people are SOOOOO slow on this board that they couldnt keep up with the reference "UA" knowing that it meant Alabama.

You have to remember, this is an Auburn board, you might want to rethink that statement. :big::P:poke:

Just kidding guys. ;)

"You folks finally were forced to play by the rules and have proven that you simply can't"

Very true statement WarTim. Hard for bama fans to admit, but very true.

139466[/snapback]

Kind of ironic coming from a fan of a school that had its first undefeated season while NOT on probation this year? hmmmmmm

139468[/snapback]

I guess that's almost irionic as a bama fan who spends half his time on an Auburn board :poke:

Where else is a uater gonna' learn anything about a REAL Football team?! :au:

I've always been kind of partial to calling Starkville "Starkpatch" or "Starknaked"...

I've seen Tennessee shortened to UcheaT, before.

Others enjoy the namecalling, I just tire of reading it after a while.

140138[/snapback]

You forgot StarkVegas. ;)

Guest Tigrinum Major
I also find it extremely interesting that you guys dont call Texas UTA given your explanation of how you wanted no one to get confused. You know...they do have a satellite campus in Fort Worth. What about Oklahoma? Why arent they OUN?

140102[/snapback]

A better question is, "Why is Oklahoma known as OU?"

Their official name is University of Oklahoma. Wouldn't that shorten to UO? And we spout off at Bama fans for being ignorant...

Same reason the University of Kansas is referred to as KU...it avoids confusion with other schools.

OU = Oklahoma, UO = Oregon

UK = Kentucky, KU = Kansas

Their Helmets actually read like this...

Oklahoma.gif

UK is actually :uk:

KU is actually Kansas University

UO is actually U oF Oregon

But Oklahoma has their helmets as shown.

Same reason the University of Kansas is referred to as KU...it avoids confusion with other schools.

OU = Oklahoma, UO = Oregon

UK = Kentucky, KU =  Kansas

140369[/snapback]

Also:

University of Colorado = CU

University of Nebraska = NU

??? Must be a Big XII thang to switch the initials instead of adding the suffix initial, huh? :gofig:

Unfortunately for the bammies if they tried to do that then they would be confused with AU instead of just Arkansas here in the SEC. They'd still have to add the "t" to avoid confusion. So, which do you like better bammie fans ... uat or aut? :D

So its settled then...from now on, I call you guys AUA. I wouldnt want you to think I was talking about Auburn University in Montgomery. I mean, since you all obviously get confused when trying to determine whether its Bama or UAH...even though UAH doesnt have a D1 program. And surely when you are in a thread comparing the two schools (Bama and AUA) it is imperative that you reference us as UAT since people switch gears  and talk about Arizona SO much over here. And Alaska too!

The fact that you expect me to believe what you just wrote is demeaning. I know you dont think people are SOOOOO slow on this board that they couldnt keep up with the reference "UA" knowing that it meant Alabama.

I also find it extremely interesting that you guys dont call Texas UTA given your explanation of how you wanted no one to get confused. You know...they do have a satellite campus in Fort Worth. What about Oklahoma? Why arent they OUN?

140102[/snapback]

My, my ... someone is really touchy about all these initials. Quick, tell me which school should be referred to as UI? (3 guesses) Or, how about UW? (4 guesses) UM, even? (7 guesses)

BGB, I don't know why Texas isn't referred to as UTA but I have a pretty good idea: they don't have a branch campus in Ft Worth but they do have one in Arlington (your guess was close.) Using the initials UTA would cause confusion: "Which do you mean, ... Austin or Arlington?" :big:

Archived