WCWS Softball vs. fsu - game thread

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major defensive lapses by both teams...pitchers had to overcome a lot and keep their poise.. Strong finish by Carlson.

Probably going to need another good pitching inning as the bottom of AU's order hasn't even been on base I don't think.

Law of averages - haven't got any hits yet, time to do so now. and Madi leads off with a single and two base error. Time to bring that girl home!

Yeah, if you read the game threads, I'm wrong a lot. I forget how unsung Madi Gipson is. She doesn't hit .400, but you find her getting big hits, none bigger than the single and 2 base error tonight.

Do we want LSU?

I would think so, but beating OU twice is going to be a monumental task for them.

Man this one was just as good as this game...

sid_bream.jpg

Though about Sid Slide's too.

Finally getting a little BSPN love and even some of it is backhanded....

If these announcers covered our games all the time....I'd watch and beg to find radio/online coverage....complete amateurs.

Man this one was just as good as this game...

sid_bream.jpg

Don't know if I can go that far. Sid's slide was just too special. Close though

From a strategic standpoint was that a good decision to run for home? I thought for sure they were going to nail her.

My thought also - maybe make them look at you and then throw to first but why risk the out at home - take the out at first with another chance to bring her home with only one out. And that had to be a pre-hit decision that she was going no matter what. I guess Clint knew that under the pressure, they would have to make the play at that home ump was ready to end the game!

If these announcers covered our games all the time....I'd watch and beg to find radio/online coverage....complete amateurs.

Hate to tell you but the radio coverage leaves much to be desired.

You could tell they wanted to challenge that she got under the tag at home plate. At least seemed like it to me

I am absolutely exhausted.....WHAT A GAME

No joke. Gonna be a while before I can go to bed. Maybe a boring NBA game will calm me down.

Yeah, Sid's slide was the turn of a whole lot of Braves history. Few like that happen.......Give it the hockey call, "Do you believe in miracles?"........

It was one.

Our own Auburn announcers are just as clueless. Hate to say it but the lead play by play butchers stuff every inning..

Hate to tell you but the radio coverage leaves much to be desired.

I'll listen to music and watch. Damn, they are dreadful ....

WoW! What girl would not want to play for Clint Myers! Glad Carlee Wallace knew to follow him to AU. And although there are some good coaches out there, name another one who has walked into a program that was mediocre at best and then take them to WCWS in second year and to the WCWS Championship in the third year. That shows he and his sons can COACH, not just take good talent but make talent better. Look at how girls have improved in their tenure at AU.

So proud of them and for them. WAR EAGLE!!!!!

WoW! What girl would not want to play for Clint Myers! Glad Carlee Wallace knew to follow him to AU. And although there are some good coaches out there, name another one who has walked into a program that was mediocre at best and then take them to WCWS in second year and to the WCWS Championship in the third year. That shows he and his sons can COACH, not just take good talent but make talent better. Look at how girls have improved in their tenure at AU.

Spot on......amazing job.....Ladies and coaches......

Our own Auburn announcers are just as clueless. Hate to say it but the lead play by play butchers stuff every inning..

(On a 2-2 count) "Here comes the payoff pitch," is my favorite.

Second is, "grand slam home run!"

Got to point out the courage of that slide too. Catcher has the plate covered perfectly, but Podany was fearless in going in head first.

WAIT!!!..... You mean it doesn't take 4+ years to build a winning program??!!! LOL

Very proud of you and for you Ladies!! WDE!!!

Yea I can't listen to him call. I have to watch ESPN and also the highlights that have the ESPN announcers. That's more due to a major personal beef. Used to call games with him

I love this team! They don't get rattled. They never quit. The attitudes are perfect. They have fun while playing hard. They are very talented. And most importantly they know every aspect of the game thanks to Coach Myers. What a great team that is very fun and heart wrenching to watch. WAR EAGLE!! Let's bring it home now!

Archived