SCOTUS Voids Texas Abortion Clinic Law

maxwere

Blood of the unborn are on the hands of these 5 justices.

And who gets the responsibility for the children that are hungry, starving, and sick in America? Something like 16.2 million children in America are hungry... America.

I will ask the same questions I have asked several times and noone has ever answered. If abortion is eliminated what will be done about the feeding and health care of those children, where will they be sheltered, how will they be educated, and how will the adoption system be fixed so that barriers such as age and sexual preference do not prevent the children from going to quality loving homes?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blood of the unborn are on the hands of these 5 justices.

And who gets the responsibility for the children that are hungry, starving, and sick in America? Something like 16.2 million children in America are hungry... America.

16.2m, there's no way. That's like 25% of under 18. Malnourished? sure. Weak point.

I will ask the same questions I have asked several times and noone has ever answered. If abortion is eliminated what will be done about the feeding and health care of those children, where will they be sheltered, how will they be educated, and how will the adoption system be fixed so that barriers such as age and sexual preference do not prevent the children from going to quality loving homes?

^^^Strong point. Key reason (not politics) why we see no change. Change requires sacrifice of time an affluence.

Why do a bunch of white politicians have the authority over this issue.

What does being white have to do with anything?

He may be implying that blacks are more strongly targeted than the white folks to use abortions. Don't know. Irrelevant either way.

http://www.blackgenocide.org/planned.html

He may be implying that blacks are more strongly targeted than the white folks to use abortions. Don't know. Irrelevant either way.

Irrelevant? According to Margaret Sanger, that's how we know the delinquents and prisoners ahead of time. They're "marked" when they're born.

<p>

Irrelevant? According to Margaret Sanger, that's how we know the delinquents and prisoners ahead of time. They're "marked" when they're born.</p><p> </p><iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CrkrkSiFApA?start=1191" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Irrelevant of the OP. I never said abortions are not racist instruments of the privileged. I'm not sure enough to lean to one side or the other.

Yeah, who cares if abortion mills are crappy dumps? It's mostly poor women anyway.

Come on Titan, that's a false premise and you know it.

The law itself was justified on this false premise.

Irrelevant? According to Margaret Sanger, that's how we know the delinquents and prisoners ahead of time. They're "marked" when they're born.

Margaret Sanger is irrelevant so that's a good example of an irrelevancy.

Most people have no idea who she is and don't care.

Yeah, who cares if abortion mills are crappy dumps? It's mostly poor women anyway.

Do you really think that's what this law was about?

I think it was a means to curtail abortions and it was a reaction to the ghastly conditions of the clinic Kermit Gosnell ran in Philly.

I think it was a means to curtail abortions and it was a reaction to the ghastly conditions of the clinic Kermit Gosnell ran in Philly.

You think Texas is really influenced by anything in Philly?

When it's that macabre and sickening, absolutely. Anyone with something resembling a soul should be influenced by it.

BS. This law had nothing to do with clinics in Philadelphia.

Do you really believe if such a clinic existed in Texas it wouldn't have been "exhibit A" ?

Do you really believe if such a clinic existed in Texas it wouldn't have been "exhibit A" ?

Wrong. In fact, when the law was being debated and passed, Gosnell was repeatedly cited as something Texas wanted to avoid.

Was it the only reason? Of course not. Texas is a conservative state that holds the apparently terrible view that the unborn have the right not to be slaughtered. So they saw this as a means to curtail the killing of unborn children. Horrible, I know.

Wrong. In fact, when the law was being debated and passed, Gosnell was repeatedly cited as something Texas wanted to avoid.

Was it the only reason? Of course not. Texas is a conservative state that holds the apparently terrible view that the unborn have the right not to be slaughtered. So they saw this as a means to curtail the killing of unborn children. Horrible, I know.

Just be freakin' honest about it. This had nothing to do with helping women. Just the opposite.

And yes, I do think it's "horrible" for the state to interject themselves like that into a woman's personal life.

Just be freakin' honest about it. This had nothing to do with helping women. Just the opposite.

Just be freakin' honest about it. Abortion has nothing to do with helping women. Just the opposite.

And yes, I do think it's "horrible" for the state to interject themselves like that into a woman's personal life.

And I think it's horrible for one human being to believe they should have the right to take the life of another.

Margaret Sanger is irrelevant so that's a good example of an irrelevancy. Why is Margaret Sanger irrelevant? Is PP relevant?

Most people have no idea who she is and don't care. But you DO know who she is and don't care?

Just be freakin' honest about it. Abortion has nothing to do with helping women. Just the opposite.

And I think it's horrible for one human being to believe they should have the right to take the life of another.

Who in hell are you to determine what helps women and what doesn't?

And you are free to believe whatever you want, but you aren't free to impose those beliefs on others.

It's not me. It's reason, science, logic, a basic sense of human decency that does. Killing another person doesn't help women.

And you are free to believe whatever you want, but you aren't free to impose those beliefs on others.

Why not? You're imposing your beliefs on others. Difference is, my "imposition" doesn't kill innocent human beings.

Margaret Sanger is irrelevant so that's a good example of an irrelevancy. Why is Margaret Sanger irrelevant? Is PP relevant?

Most people have no idea who she is and don't care. But you DO know who she is and don't care?

Margaret Sanger is dead and gone. It's past.

PP is still very much active and very relevant.

I don't "care" about Margaret Sanger - or what she thought - any more than I care about Jefferson Davis and what misguided beliefs he had. It's of historical interest but not something I "care" about.

It's not me. It's reason, science, logic, a basic sense of human decency that does. Killing another person doesn't help women.

Why not? You're imposing your beliefs on others. Difference is, my "imposition" doesn't kill innocent human beings.

Please explain the science, reason, logic. How do you explain the number of women who choose abortion?

When it's that macabre and sickening, absolutely. Anyone with something resembling a soul should be influenced by it.

It was sickening. Absolutely . But it had no real influence on this legislation.

Please explain the science, reason, logic. How do you explain the number of women who choose abortion?

To your first, in centuries past we didn't understand exactly how life began. Science has changed that. We know exactly when a new human life begins. We can see the development of this beautiful individual. And advances in medical science have made it so that children can survive outside the womb earlier and earlier. We know it is not merely an extension of a woman's body, but a distinct human being in its own right. Reason and logic would dictate that we would take these cues from science and stop behaving as if an unborn child should be treated the same as removing a wart. Reason and logic would dictate that there is nothing magical about traveling a few inches down a vagina that should endow one with rights that shouldn't have already existed before. Especially when 97% of the pregnancies that end in abortion were the result of freely chosen actions that the woman knows naturally results in pregnancy. It is one of the signs that the man and woman's bodies were both functioning as intended.

We are finally beginning to come around to the idea that human life has inherent worth and it is beginning to influence our outlook on everything from torture to the death penalty. Reason and logic would dictate that if we can find it within ourselves to see such worth and dignity even in the guilty, we would surely extend it to the innocent.

Your second question is phrased as if it's contingent upon the first. But since when to people always act according to reason, science and logic, especially when they feel scared or are faced with loss of something significant to them? Not to mention, the reasons are varied and every person is different. Statistics show that most choose it because of a feeling (real or perceived) of lack of material and/or emotional support. Which is why I don't merely support not killing people, but helping women who become pregnant.

It was sickening. Absolutely . But it had no real influence on this legislation.

Except that it did. It was one of the key reasons.

Well there are a lot of actual women who employ reason, science, logic and a basic sense of human decency that disagree with you.

You have no standing to impose your values on others who may disagree.

Archived