SW earned my full confidence and respect tonight.

austudnt23

3 minutes ago, WarEagleChemE said:

I wouldn't say SW necessarily outplayed Kelly. Kelly was pretty much required to carry his team. Auburn, on the other hand, could stay balanced with the beast of Bubba Pettway. I think Kelly had an excellent night, but at the end of the day, if you can't bring a balanced attack, it's very hard to win.

]Auburn is effective with both the running game and the passing game. It's amazing to see the strides our offense has made this season. WDE.

You probably quoted the wrong person, however, Sean played a great game tonight and came through when the team needed him to.  Kelly set a school record for passing yardage and lost.  Therefore, I can see how Sean out played Kelly.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, WarEagleChemE said:

I wouldn't say SW necessarily outplayed Kelly. Kelly was pretty much required to carry his team. Auburn, on the other hand, could stay balanced with the beast of Bubba Pettway. I think Kelly had an excellent night, but at the end of the day, if you can't bring a balanced attack, it's very hard to win.

]Auburn is effective with both the running game and the passing game. It's amazing to see the strides our offense has made this season. WDE.

Kelly did awesome I wonder if his coach realizes that there is another way to move the ball other than through the air. Maybe mix it up a little. He thinks he playing a video game and it okay to throw 90% of the time. Let's run the four verticals play every snap! Kind of dumb

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You probably quoted the wrong person, however, Sean played a great game tonight and came through when the team needed him to.  Kelly set a school record for passing yardage and lost.  Therefore, I can see how Sean out played Kelly.

Don't be ridiculous. Comparing a game manager to someone who actually has a team rely on him. 

1 minute ago, mikeholiday said:

Don't be ridiculous. Comparing a game manager to someone who actually has a team rely on him. 

Which QB won the game?  I know Kelly is a great talent and passed for more yardage, but the point being Auburn won the game under a game manager.  Its a team sport, but the QB's record is based upon wins and losses, Sean won.

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I probably did. I'm really really drunk right now. But auburn won. war eagle anyway.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

He's doing what I figured he could do, I'm actually wondering if he can be great. I'm also waiting for the game where his bad throws can be talked about his good throws and not everybody start talking about mistakes the wr's make. I'd like for him to be a normal qb in this league and at this school

*snicker*. *double snicker*. 

41 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Agreed. Kelly has pro stamped all over him. SW, not so much. 

19 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

Agreed. Kelly has pro stamped all over him. SW, not so much. 

Neither did Brady when playing at UM. Tom had a junior year at 62%  at and a qbr of 133. His senior year he had 61% and a qbr of 138.  Sean as a senior could very well be on that level. He has already surpassed the percentage.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Neither did Brady when playing at UM. Tom had a junior year at 62%  at and a qbr of 133. His senior year he had 61% and a qbr of 138.  Sean as a senior could very well be on that level. He has already surpassed the percentage.

I don't argue with that. I was referring to this game. To say sw played a better game than kelly is not valid. That is what I was referring to. If SW plays two more healthy years at AU after this one, he may go down as one of the great AU qbs. 

Just now, tiger88 said:

I don't argue with that. I was referring to this game. To say sw played a better game than kelly is not valid. That is what I was referring to. If SW plays two more healthy years at AU after this one, he may go down as one of the great AU qbs. 

Completely agree. I think Kelly's performance last night was one of the best I have seen in a very long time.

1 minute ago, tiger88 said:

Going to be interesting with Woody Barrett and Gatewood in the mix for starting spot next year. Although I don't expect Gatewood to win as a true freshman.

We have JF3 for another year too, right? I can only assume he'll move into a more receiver/speed back type role. 

I thought Gatewood was the year after next. 

QB competition is a great thing. If we win out, with the exception or not of the bammer game, it will be hard to unseat SW if he stays healthy. 

40 minutes ago, tiger88 said:

I thought Gatewood was the year after next. 

QB competition is a great thing. If we win out, with the exception or not of the bammer game, it will be hard to unseat SW if he stays healthy. 

Yeah, you're right. I was thinking he was a 2017 recruit. 

But there's a chance Stidham may be in the mix next year instead. 

Gatewood has a long way to go before he is anywhere where he needs to be.

Next year will come down to SW vs Stidham. A true QB competition will only make both better...if Stidham comes in.

Outplayed Kelly? No. I am curious to see what sw ceiling is. Right now in any game thread every single bad pass somebody will post a reason or excuse. Like the a&m wasn't a good game, but you will hear every excuse for it. Which excuses can be true. But I wonder Webb things aren't going his way can he carry a team. 

Like I can completely see he knows where to go with the ball, but half of Kelly 's passes were going at a guy who was actually covered.....must of whites reads are the right ones wide open. I don't see him taking chances and zipping balls in there....which is fine. It's just what I imagine most franchise qb's doing and I did see somebody talking about Tom the greatest qb to ever live Brady so that's why I spoke on that

SW dI'd not outplay Kelly. Come one Kelly threw for over 400 and set a school record. Kelly is basically the Ole Miss team. We have the best rushing attack in the country to go along with SW. SW impressed me with his runs and toughness. I knew he possessed the toughness I just hadn't really seen him use it in a game until last night on that 3rd down run where he went for 16 and put it all out there to get that first down. 

Also SW should have thrown for more yards and another td. Kyle Davis has to adjust and make that catch on the long ball for a td. Also I believe the Ryan Davis ball wasn't fully SW fault.

SW doing what the coaches want him to do....and winning some ball games.  Kelly definitely had a great game....but I'm thinking he would have rather had fewer passing yards and about 5 more yards on the ground when they were needed.   

CK is running an unbalanced offense which ..with his arm...guarantees a lot of yards...but mostly between the 20s and not so many TDs.  600 total yards and only 29 points is not a very good day for an offense....JMO

50 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Also SW should have thrown for more yards and another td. Kyle Davis has to adjust and make that catch on the long ball for a td. Also I believe the Ryan Davis ball wasn't fully SW fault.

Obviously Gus didn't think it was Sean's fault either the way he was ripping Ryan Davis on the sideline.

Kelly seems to have an NFL arm and SW does not.....so what?   The objective is to win games in college football and SW is off to a pretty good start for a young player. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Kelly seems to have an NFL arm and SW does not.....so what?   The objective is to win games in college football and SW is off to a pretty good start for a young player. 

The only stat the matters: Auburn 40, Ole Miss 29

5 minutes ago, AUMASTERS said:

Obviously Gus didn't think it was Sean's fault either the way he was ripping Ryan Davis on the sideline.

sorry, that was not a pass play to Ryan Davis. Malzahn was mad because it was third down, and K.Johnson was trying to get the first down and Davis totally whiffed on the block he tried on the guy that made the tackle eventually.

kelly IS the better QB, but he is a Senior and SW is a Soph. Lets see if he improves. Kelly was really on,and threw the ball almost perfectly all night.

SW was just as good in getting the ball to open WRs and more importantly getting first downs on his runs. He was money in the 4th when it counted.

it was Ole Miss' D that cost them the game as much as the other games they lost. Kelly ripped us like no other QB has this year. heck, He had more yards passing at Half than AU has given up a WHOLE game passing this year. So I give him credit for getting them 29 points.

White still has problems throwing a deeper ball, especially accurately. But, he has been just as important to our resurgence as Petway running the ball.

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

Completely agree. I think Kelly's performance last night was one of the best I have seen in a very long time.

Sometimes you tip the cap to their QB.  He was on fire.  Proud of the guys hanging in there. 

2 minutes ago, lala said:

Sometimes you tip the cap to their QB.  He was on fire.  Proud of the guys hanging in there. 

yes....ran out of "likes" so this will have to do...

Archived