SW earned my full confidence and respect tonight.

austudnt23

42 minutes ago, tgr4lfe said:

Truitt was WIDE open on a wheel route (?), not a defender within 5+ yards.  SW was going there the whole time, stood in with the pressure coming had to make the throw as he's getting hit.  It kind of floated but no chance of a defender getting to it.

That's actually totally inaccurate.  I just rewatched the play.  #3 was with Truitt the whole time until he stopped to wait for the ball.  Had #3 stopped as well, he could have easily picked it off.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 10:56 AM, lutzcammed said:

Kelly played his arse off. He made some throws that were pretty much impossible to defend. Even as he torched our defense I am still proud of the way they played.  This was only the 2nd time all season ole miss was held under 30.

Mr white and company, I'll take last night's performance ,please , for the rest of my life. I also got a woman fuzzy when we threw a pass to our tight end.

(lol.) I hope she was your wife.

1 hour ago, lionheartkc said:

Ended up a great play, but the way that ball was thrown, an alert defender could have easily made a play for it. I held my breath as soon as I saw it go.

It was pretty much the exact same floater made by Chad Kelly in the red zone when he was pressured and Hosley disrupted the pass...should've picked it off quite honestly. SW like Kelly trying to do almost too much. Worked in our favor, however.

This is great discussion and all but my point wasn't to point out bad things about sw. He completed most of his passes and no int's so how much can you point out?

I'm just saying PERSONALLY he may be better than I thought he could be, but PERSONALLY that means if I'm ever going to say he's great I'm going to judge him like every other qb. No other qb has every single game I've said the reason this pass wasn't completed was because of the wr didn't box out the corner or that was actually a good interception, or the coaches don't trust him and are holding him back....

I remember Nick Marshall would piss me off something serious his first few games.... Now I say he's literally one of the best we've had. I'm just saying I'm now curious to what his ceiling is, and yeah I'm not trying to hear excuses that I don't hear from any other qb. That's all I was saying. 

As i said in every other game he's played well in, he's played good except that game where they kept us in third and long. I'm wondering can be overcome obstacles. And if that makes anybody feel any type of hurt feelings about sw it's not even funny anymore. You have a problem

Cole, don't you think it's normal for people to criticize both wide receivers and quarterbacks?  I've seen people here criticize both since I joined this board 5 years ago. I don't see it any different today. A lot of people here criticize Sean White, including me. 

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

This is great discussion and all but my point wasn't to point out bad things about sw. He completed most of his passes and no int's so how much can you point out?

I'm just saying PERSONALLY he may be better than I thought he could be, but PERSONALLY that means if I'm ever going to say he's great I'm going to judge him like every other qb. No other qb has every single game I've said the reason this pass wasn't completed was because of the wr didn't box out the corner or that was actually a good interception, or the coaches don't trust him and are holding him back....

I remember Nick Marshall would piss me off something serious his first few games.... Now I say he's literally one of the best we've had. I'm just saying I'm now curious to what his ceiling is, and yeah I'm not trying to hear excuses that I don't hear from any other qb. That's all I was saying. 

As i said in every other game he's played well in, he's played good except that game where they kept us in third and long. I'm wondering can be overcome obstacles. And if that makes anybody feel any type of hurt feelings about sw it's not even funny anymore. You have a problem

I think you make a fair point, to an extent. However, I do think you don't elicit some responses because you worry about other's opinions on this matter way too much. For instance, the Kyle Davis situation. Person A: Wow, Kyle should've caught that. Person B: SW should've made a better pass. Person C: How come SW gets the benefit of a doubt that others don't get. Person A and B are equally correct, IMO. Person C brings up another issue, that more or less, will lead to an argument. At this point, you might as well cut your losses and be grateful that for the most part, we have a competent QB, who is thriving in his role as QB. Just my .02 cents. You can easily ignore me, respond or hate it. I just feel like there are some things worth taking issues on and others not so much. This coming from the person, who has definitely swung their weight around and who has also equally been proven wrong and has no problem admitting it.

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... I get you.  You know I'm a numbers guy and normally I would throw out Sean's numbers and say he out-played Kelly... but Kelly was on fire. We owe his lack of numbers entirely to our line hurrying him into throwing it away and our secondary breaking up passes that would have been catches. Sean had one of his better games (his best on the ground), but he had the inexplicably awful pass to Ryan Davis and threw up a lame duck as he was going down, that we fortunately caught. The biggest difference that really stood out is Sean hit open receivers... Kelly hit guys with DBs all over them.

We did have a lot of drops.  Smith dropped the first one thrown his way. So did Marcus Davis. Slayton didn't bring down a high-pointed ball, even though it his him in the hand (he should have got his second hand up there). I even consider Kyle's long ball a drop because it did hit his hands, which to me means he could have made it work by adjusting or laying out. Ole Miss, on the other hand, caught everything, even when it looked like there was no way they would/could.

The thing I like seeing this year is that our guys are learning and correcting.  No one dropped two passes and Slayton caught a very similar ball to the one he missed. I would be willing to bet that if Davis gets a similar long ball target, next week, he snags it. I think we are in an interesting place where we have both inexperienced high-level talent and experience with less talent on the field. When we get more experience for the highly talented young guys, I think our receivers will move to the next level.

I agree, but I also think guys have made catches that weren't good passes as well. Especially the fact he has Johnson at hb. There probably isn't 5 lead backs that has hands as good as him. So there is a yin and yang. 

Sw makes the right read quickly and confidently. That alone makes him the man to me. Sooner or later there will be a game where that window is small and not wide open, and the time to make that throw is at 4 seconds....when he balls under those conditions that's when this board should beat everybody up and have told you so's....I've seen people point out flaws in cam and Marshall's game....I damn near get banned for doing that to sw.....And I don't just talk, I'll name the play, what the corner was doing what the wr was thinking. All of that. I get talked and treated like I'm an idiot. There's not ten people on this board that knows more football or basketball than me....But if you don't go with the flow....

Lol. I don't think anyone is trying to really do an I told you so with any of these discussions. In case many of you don't know, football is a team sport. Not one single player will make or break this team. As I'd surely hope you all have noticed, our TEAM is playing much better than from the 1st game. Why do you think that is? Do you think one single player finally had a light come on and is bailing out the rest of the team? No. The TEAM is playing with more cohesion. A lot of people in here get their panties in a wad over one player or another, or want to speak in riddles like they have some kind of profound football IQ. bull****. The WRs HAVE to make catches, just like the QB HAS to get them the ball, just like the OL HAS to block long enough to give the QB time to get the ball to the best spot for the WR to catch it. Does it always happen in unison? No. Sometimes PLAYMAKERS have to make PLAYS. I've watched a lot of football in my 40 years and have seen thousands of spectacular catches and throws. Some of the biggest plays in history were blown plays or terrible decisions that were bailed out of by a great play. Our team is no different. If we're really wanting to consider ourselves as arrived to the big time and play with the big boys, our team QB and WRs included are going to have to make those plays.

As far as trying to compare SW to Kelly.....lol. I'm a SW fan, but he is no Chad Kelly. He might grow into it, but Kelly is a far more commanding thrower. It is what it is. SW doesn't have to be that for us to win, but he will definitely have to make the occasional "wow" play and have some WRs make to tough catches if we're going to contend with bammer. JMHO.

49 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think you make a fair point, to an extent. However, I do think you don't elicit some responses because you worry about other's opinions on this matter way too much. For instance, the Kyle Davis situation. Person A: Wow, Kyle should've caught that. Person B: SW should've made a better pass. Person C: How come SW gets the benefit of a doubt that others don't get. Person A and B are equally correct, IMO. Person C brings up another issue, that more or less, will lead to an argument. At this point, you might as well cut your losses and be grateful that for the most part, we have a competent QB, who is thriving in his role as QB. Just my .02 cents. You can easily ignore me, respond or hate it. I just feel like there are some things worth taking issues on and others not so much. This coming from the person, who has definitely swung their weight around and who has also equally been proven wrong and has no problem admitting it.

Well in that scenario I'm person B. Then after I say that it's you're a sw hater....in the game thread I'm talking about Evan dropping the pass for ole miss I have a dummy quote me saying it's sad your hate of sw....I'm not exaggerating or making that up. But yeah that scenario you painted makes a few fair points....But that's not usually how it goes for me.

As far as the proven wrong thing, I don't feel like I've been proven wrong about anything that I've said. I think I've been proven right. Over the summer and last season my arguments were jf3 will play qb, sw would have to earn his spot it's not a given, the coaches were putting the qb's on bad situations, the running game dictates how good the qb will play....I think I've been right on all of them. I couldn't say I know sw was going to be great based off of last year.....I have more faith now but I still not super confident how he'll handle himself against a good pass rush but I feel like whatever happens he'll go out swinging and not just fold up

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

Cole, don't you think it's normal for people to criticize both wide receivers and quarterbacks?  I've seen people here criticize both since I joined this board 5 years ago. I don't see it any different today. A lot of people here criticize Sean White, including me. 

I absolutely think you criticize both. I had a few back and forths for critiquing duke when he was the favorite. And I can't argue what you've seen but I've been reading this forum for quite some time too and I've never seen people make up excuses for a qb every game he plays and I haven't seen any qb get so many worked up if you say anything about him....You say alot but I have to disagree with that strongly. Take away the random new name guys that come every now and then and says crazy stuff like we'd win a title if jf3 play I couldn't name more than 7.  it's football, it's going to happen. If pettway fumble anymore I'm going to have something to say, I had stuff to say about barber last year. These are good players. It's football

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I absolutely think you criticize both. I had a few back and forths for critiquing duke when he was the favorite. And I can't argue what you've seen but I've been reading this forum for quite some time too and I've never seen people make up excuses for a qb every game he plays and I haven't seen any qb get so many worked up if you say anything about him....You say alot but I have to disagree with that strongly. Take away the random new name guys that come every now and then and says crazy stuff like we'd win a title if jf3 play I couldn't name more than 7. 

Honestly, I think the problem you are experiencing is people's perception of your posts. Fair or unfair, some people here think you have an agenda against Sean White. People react differently to your posts than they do to others. So, I don't think people are as sensitive when it comes to Sean White as people are sensitive to you posting about him. It's a bummer, really. 

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Honestly, I think the problem you are experiencing is people's perception of your posts. Fair or unfair, some people here think you have an agenda against Sean White. People react differently to your posts than they do to others. So, I don't think people are as sensitive when it comes to Sean White as people are sensitive to you posting about him. It's a bummer, really. 

It's a forum though. The quote button works great, let's look at the post on the forum disappointed in sw....is that not just a post to try to rile people up? What if sw sucked and made the opposite post would that be acceptable. See the thing is some of the mods didn't stay objective and let stuff get out of hand. 

As far as the agenda stuff....I don't think I've been wrong about anything I've said about sw yet. There's been alot of talk about him though so maybe a couple of things but unless I'm saying outrageous stuff that's not accurate I don't see the problem.

And shouldn't the people that go too far on the other side, like super duper pro sw get reprimanded as well? Maybe they do in private but in public mods let them say whatever they want and argue and disrespect others. IMO.

But it's all good like I always said I can talk football in restaurants and at work and stuff like that now and not be a joke because we suck so I'm happy. That's the most important thing lol

Just now, cole256 said:

It's a forum though. The quote button works great, let's look at the post on the forum disappointed in sw....is that not just a post to try to rile people up? What if sw sucked and made the opposite post would that be acceptable. See the thing is some of the mods didn't stay objective and let stuff get out of hand. 

As far as the agenda stuff....I don't think I've been wrong about anything I've said about sw yet. There's been alot of talk about him though so maybe a couple of things but unless I'm saying outrageous stuff that's not accurate I don't see the problem.

And shouldn't the people that go too far on the other side, like super duper pro sw get reprimanded as well? Maybe they do in private but in public mods let them say whatever they want and argue and disrespect others. IMO

Yeah, I really wish we would stop framing the question this way. I thought that thread definitely was asking for it. 

Cole, most discerning posters around here don't seem to get too riled up over critical posts about Sean White. It's a few posters who do, and they love to quote you. 

I brought up the long-ball critique in another thread. Last season, you were one of the only people who was critical of his long ball (if I remember correctly). I was with you, but there were some strong opinions on the other side and I do think you got some unwarranted sh** for it. Well, you were right, and now most people have joined in that opinion. 

Anyway, you said it best. Its a forum. 

6 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, I really wish we would stop framing the question this way. I thought that thread definitely was asking for it. 

Cole, most discerning posters around here don't seem to get too riled up over critical posts about Sean White. It's a few posters who do, and they love to quote you. 

I brought up the long-ball critique in another thread. Last season, you were one of the only people who was critical of his long ball (if I remember correctly). I was with you, but there were some strong opinions on the other side and I do think you got some unwarranted sh** for it. Well, you were right, and now most people have joined in that opinion. 

Anyway, you said it best. Its a forum. 

I feel that way about the play calling and dropped balls, and barber not being better than Robinson I called out early last year as well. Funny thing about it is after the name calling and stuff and time passes and you bring up the hey I was right thing you're an ass for that too. But it's life, it's like that guy at work can say the same joke as another guy and everybody laughs and love the joke when he says it but the other guy who said it gets on everybody's nerves. 

Some posters are favorites and have a following and that's every board. I know I'm inclined to listen to certain people myself

Just now, cole256 said:

Funny thing about it is after the name calling and stuff and time passes and you bring up the hey I was right thing you're an ass for that too. But it's life, it's like that guy at work can say the same joke as another guy and everybody laughs and love the joke when he says it but the other guy who said it gets on everybody's nerves. 

Some posters are favorites and have a following and that's every board. I know I'm inclined to listen to certain people myself

There are the usual suspects here, that's for sure. Some are open to opposing opinions, and then there are others who I've never seen change their opinions, even after being proved woefully wrong. Oh well. Overall, its a good group here. 

I suppose this is where I chime in and say that I've never read where Cole leveled an undue criticism at Sean or said that he didn't think Sean should be our quarterback. His posts have almost always been critical of how he thinks players are held to different standards by fans based on things other than their performance on the field. I don't often agree with him on that stuff or how he sometimes delivers his message, but I find his football opinions to be fair, insightful and informed- I've learned a lot from him- and I respect him a lot more than people who go around ignorantly blasting players for the slightest perceived faults, informed or not, on the field or off. 

I'm not asking anyone to agree with him, but I do feel like people disagree with a lot of things he never said.

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

There's not ten people on this board that knows more football or basketball than me....

Holy moley, Batman. It's the WIZARD!

Done with this thread. I'm sure another one will be started after the next bad pass or dropped pass.

Lets just keep winninggggggggggggggggggg...................

Archived