Why Giants could pull trigger on Saban

rexbo

http://nypost.com/2016/11/05/why-giants-could-pull-trigger-on-nick-saban-plan-if-losses-pile-up/

Hall of Fame boxing promoter Bob Arum once famously said, “Yesterday I was lying. Today I’m telling the truth.” It was uttered nearly 40 years ago during a debate over drinks as to who the top fighters were of the day.

Arum, 84, is in Las Vegas promoting a pay-per-view bout Saturday night featuring Manny Pacquiao. But he swears he is telling the truth about Alabama coach Nick Saban having interest in being the head coach of the Giants before the organization hired Ben McAdoo last summer.

Arum confirmed a report on NorthJersey.com saying he was the one who put Saban’s representatives in touch with the Giants. Arum told The Post it started with a call from Nick Khan, an agent at CAA who has a colleague who represents Nick Saban. Arum was contacted because of his friendship with Giants co-owner Steve Tisch.

“I called Steve Tisch up,” Arum told The Post on Friday. “He talked to [John] Mara, but they had to act quickly. CAA was already looking for homes in New Jersey. Then Saban’s wife said they didn’t want to leave Alabama.

9 hours ago, rexbo said:

She's the cult queen in Turdtown. Why would she give that up? In NY she would have no power like she's gotten used to at bammer. And neither would the nickster. I'd be surprised if he had the guts to coach again in the NFL where the playing field is pretty much level. 

Tigerbelle, I totally agree with you. If he were to take the job with the Giants and things didn't go well then nick you will have to deal with the media and I assure you they will not be as accommodating as the Alabama media he controls with an iron hand.

people still wasting time with these rumors i see..isnt Sabes like 65 years old? he'd probably be the oldest coach in the nfl. the dude will be retiring soon. he aint coaching nowhere else. before anyone says Carrol and Belicheck. it's different because Sabes would be starting with a new team at 65-66 years old. not going to happen

Saban sucked in the NFL.  His college defensive schemes did not work there.  And he knows it.

Saban ain't going anywhere and I'll tell you why.  The politics are going in his favor in the SEC right where he is setting.  He has Steve Shaw head of officiating.  And he is good friends with the head of the NCAA.  Why would he leave uat where they worship him and give him whatever he wants?

Saban knows he is not going to have it as good as he does now anywhere else, especially in the NFL.

12 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We all know who wears the pants and has the final say in that family.

As short as he is he probably can wear her pants. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:
2 hours ago, gr82be said:

As short as he is he probably can wear her pants. 

A cross dressing lil nickie, now that's a thought I will not be able to get out if my head ?

Archived