Upchurch to Bama

TitanTiger

No kidding. How many RBs is that they've signed? Three or four? And if Darby is able to make it back by fall, that's another in the mix. And Bama doesn't run a Borges like scheme designed to get multiple RBs a lot of touches.

No kidding.  How many RBs is that they've signed?  Three or four?  And if Darby is able to make it back by fall, that's another in the mix.  And Bama doesn't run a Borges like scheme designed to get multiple RBs a lot of touches.

142901[/snapback]

Upchurch is a great pickup for Alabama. Darby is a big "If" for next year and there is a possibility, Ford won't qualify.

No kidding.  How many RBs is that they've signed?  Three or four?  And if Darby is able to make it back by fall, that's another in the mix.  And Bama doesn't run a Borges like scheme designed to get multiple RBs a lot of touches.

142901[/snapback]

Upchurch is a great pickup for Alabama. Darby is a big "If" for next year and there is a possibility, Ford won't qualify.

142908[/snapback]

I don't think Ford is the only one that will not qualify. It is an absolute fact that BAMA will have quite a few academic casualties in this signing class. If fact I have heard that they plan on adding all signees ACT test scores together in order to have any of them qualify. :big:

How about we Rank Alabama's and Auburn's class after eveyone has/hasn't qualified, then we'll see who had the better hand.......Just like last year, Auburn's class smoked bammer's after everyone was/wasn't qualified on both teams........If you don't believe me, just ask me :big: ..........Seriously, all the Stars don't matter if they can't be Coached (ie Coach hula).

How about we Rank Alabama's and Auburn's class after eveyone has/hasn't qualified, then we'll see who had the better hand.......Just like last year, Auburn's class smoked bammer's after everyone was/wasn't qualified on both teams........If you don't believe me, just ask me  :big: ..........Seriously, all the Stars don't matter if they can't be Coached (ie Coach hula).

142945[/snapback]

Actually...if you figure OUT the guys who didnt qualify last year...our class still ranked higher. :P:D

But in regards to the post earlier about Bama beating AU in the athletic positions...I see a whole bunch of 4 star guys on AUs list this year....

And Titan, before Hudson went down..Darby was still averaging near 100 ypg. And castille was in the 30-40 range. So i would argue your point about our system not getting mult rbs in.

How about we Rank Alabama's and Auburn's class after eveyone has/hasn't qualified, then we'll see who had the better hand.......Just like last year, Auburn's class smoked bammer's after everyone was/wasn't qualified on both teams........If you don't believe me, just ask me  :big: ..........Seriously, all the Stars don't matter if they can't be Coached (ie Coach hula).

142945[/snapback]

Actually...if you figure OUT the guys who didnt qualify last year...our class still ranked higher. :P:D

LOL

No, it did not. If "thinking" this makes you feel better or helps with the pain of what uat now considers a "football program",(4-9 & 6-6) well, go for it ! ! ! :lol::lol::lol:

uat is doing REAL well with the guys that spell CAT with a "k" ! ! ! (This has ALWAYS been the case. Not to mention the guys that have "doobies" in their rooms!)

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Bama clearly has us beat again this year in the recruiting... why can't Auburn get the big guys in the athletic positions?

142935[/snapback]

It's nice to hear you guy's appriciate Shula's recruiting efforts. :D

Bama clearly has us beat again this year in the recruiting... why can't Auburn get the big guys in the athletic positions?

142935[/snapback]

Clearly? Not according to Rivals, which I would say (and BamaGrad would back me on this) is the better of the two major recruiting services:

Auburn #11, Bama #16

Now Bama will likely move up with the Upchurch signing. Then again, we're bound to sign another couple of good ones with McFadden, Dunham, A. Smith, Greenwood, and others still on the board. But I hardly think that Bama has "clearly" beaten us at anything.

Guest Tigrinum Major

142935[/snapback]

It's nice to hear you guy's appriciate Shula's recruiting efforts. :D

142974[/snapback]

What I am wondering is, how did Logan Young find time to visit Tallahassee this weekend?

:poke::poke:

Congrats on the pick up of Upchurch.

What I am wondering is, how did Logan Young find time to visit Tallahassee this weekend?

:poke:   :poke:

Congrats on the pick up of Upchurch.

They don't need LY's money anymore........They got "The Don".... :big:

PC Champ, I don't understand where you are coming from with that one. RB was not a need for AU this year. I just heard on JOX here in Bham that Antone Smith according to rivals was expected to choose between Auburn and FSU. On paper, he is better than anybody Bama has on its list. And if You look at Rivals, AU is ranked higher.

PC Champ, I don't understand where you are coming from with that one. RB was not a need for AU this year. I just heard on JOX here in Bham that Antone Smith according to rivals was expected to choose between Auburn and FSU. On paper, he is better than anybody Bama has on its list. And if You look at Rivals, AU is ranked higher.

142996[/snapback]

We already have a FAR better class than uat.

Don't tell 'em. They think they have a chance. :rolleyes:

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

If AU doesnt have a better year than Bama, something is wrong. I think AU has more quality players than Bama does this year. But we all know that Bama is trying to fill the depth chart.

If AU doesnt have a better year than Bama, something is wrong. I think AU has more quality players than Bama does this year. But we all know that Bama is trying to fill the depth chart.

143001[/snapback]

You might want to tell some of your uat "buddies". Then again, nevermind. They would not want to hear it! :D

UAT is going to have a good class even with the Non Qualifiers. AU will have a good class also. There's plenty to go around.

we were more going after needs than anything else-other than Powe and Smith (still have a chance) what blue chip recruits did we not get that we were going after hard? We did lose Stamper. Other than that we pretty much got who we wanted. I hardly care what recruiting rankings have us and uat. We are coasting along filling holes and bammer is playing catch up-we do not have alot of playing time to sell because we already have depth-they do not.

CTT is very happy with this class and I would find it hard to argue that he has an eye for talent. I think we are sitting pretty right now. Bama can get all the blue chippers in the world but without anyone to develop it they will not get too far.

One recruiting year doesn't make a team. Four years do. Let's look at the past four years (according to Rivals, whom I consider the best):

AU: #6

UA: #30

AU: #11

UA: #49

AU: #21

UA: #15---and this included about 8-9 that didn't qualify/greysgirts

2005--not finished, but UA will still have 8-9 more than schollys

AU: #11

UA: #16

You can chalk 2004 up to SACS helping Bama (and everyone) recruit against us. They don't have that advantage this year.

(Yawn) Call me in 2-4 years and we'll sit down and rate these classes.

Archived