2017 Mock Draft

ScottsboroAuburnFan

Here is the most recent Mock draft. 

https://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

The have Lawson 3rd Rd #72 to Chargers... Thats the lowest I've seen yet.

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/12/01/2017-nfl-mock-draft-full-7-round-projections/

Lawson #18 overall to Pittsburg. 

I've also seen the panthers with Fornette and with Derrick Barnett or Tim Williams. 

Imo u take Williams, and a RB later. 

If he is projected that low in the draft who knows he may decide to come back for his senior year.

34 minutes ago, kd4au said:

If he is projected that low in the draft who knows he may decide to come back for his senior year.

That would be dumb to come back to further risk injury.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

sometimes you have to roll the dice and hope to have a huge senior season that would have him in the top 10 selected in round  #1 with a contract worth millions more than what he would get as a 2nd, and 3rd round pick. I am sure he is insured in case of a major injury that would put his career in jeopardy. I as well as many of you would love to see CL come back and make life miserable for SEC QBs. However, I hope he does what he feels in his heart is best for him whatever it  may be; and I will be 100% in his corner.

4 hours ago, DAG said:

If he's projected in the third round, it might well be a brilliant move to come back. I'm with doc: I'll be supporting him entirely whatever his decision. I'd prefer him have a long and successful career in the NFL, regardless of his draft position. If that means going now and potentially having to work his way up, more power to him. If he decides coming back is the better route, that's one more stud in the barn for next year, and I'll be cheering for him to do so well that he can't be ignored as a top rated DE.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Carl Lawson won't be going third round. I will perma ban bet myself on that..

I agree, but if the actual draft sheets the NFL does for any eligible player who requests them show him as being that low (or even second round), and the draft class for DEs looks week for next season, he might stay. I don't think he will, though, even if he isn't a first rounder.

Tim Williams is no better than lawson. I think they are both great players , but I take Lawson because he has a higher character than williams. 

If he gets a 3rd Rd evaluation he should come back. No question 

So updated has Kizer #1 Cle, Watson #2 SF, QB Trubinski #3 Chi. Garrett #4 Jac...

Carolina will pick 8th and is projected to take Fornette unless Dalvin Cook out performs him in pro day and combine. 

Idk which one I would take either. 

Also Tennessee has #5 & #18 in round 1. They are sooo close to a great team, if they get the right 2 guys they could make a big move. They want a WR and Mike Williams (Clem) is projected as #5 to them. Looks like they may take Carl Lawson or another DE or  DB at #18...

On 12/24/2016 at 11:03 AM, DAG said:

I don't believe it would be dumb. If you can improve your stock from a 3rd round pick to a 1st round pick, that's a huge difference money wise. Will he interesting to see what happens. 

35 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I don't believe it would be dumb. If you can improve your stock from a 3rd round pick to a 1st round pick, that's a huge difference money wise. Will he interesting to see what happens. 

He is not going to be a 3rd round pick, that is why it is dumb. At the latest, he is a second round draft pick per Mel Kiper. Just because some random site says he is a 3rd rounder, does not make him a third rounder.  NFLDraftScout. com has him as the #26 overall prospect. He has have had durability issues. THIS is the only reason why he his draft grade dropped somewhat. This is not a Jonathan Allen situation like at Alabama, where his play was questioned. There is no reason for him to further risk injuring himself. 

Archived