Ole Miss

McLoofus

On 2/24/2017 at 4:32 AM, JFDTiger80 said:

Not trying to pile on........but can someone help me understand how nothing has come from the Tunsil issues? 

Exactly...blows my mind. Yet there is a punishment for a kid hunting on a boosters land?

Just like the fluker scandal, no mention.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Exactly...blows my mind. Yet there is a punishment for a kid hunting on a boosters land?

Just like the fluker scandal, no mention.

I expected about what can be conclusively proven . Some of this stuff is just talk and meanwhile I think Tunsil sat some games as his personal penalty. That might also be in one of the previous complaints. It has become difficult to keep count of all their transgressions. 

I'm watching Finebaum (I know, I know). The general consensus about Ole Miss is if the Rebels keep  Freeze, and fight the NCAA and loses, well, as Dandy  Don Meridian used to sing, "Turn out the lights, the party's over. Oh, and could you lock up when you leave?

So, apparently the king of the whiners in coaching (yes, rivaling ol Bret), Mike Gundy, has taken this opportunity to whine about how Freeze's cheating must have effected the Sugar Bowl where his Ole Miss team obliterated Gundy's Okie State boys. You have to love the combination of arrogance and childishness that comes from some of the coaches out there.

26 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So, apparently the king of the whiners in coaching (yes, rivaling ol Bret), Mike Gundy, has taken this opportunity to whine about how Freeze's cheating must have effected the Sugar Bowl where his Ole Miss team obliterated Gundy's Okie State boys. You have to love the combination of arrogance and childishness that comes from some of the coaches out there.

Yeah, it's unbelievable that he would even say that. If Ole Miss hadn't of been there, someone else probably would have kicked their ass. 

On 2/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, aufan57 said:

Is there any evidence Golson squealed on Ole Miss? Does not seem the quality of player Ole Miss would have to pay to get.

To my knowledge they didn't pay Golson.  He was provided impermissible benefits in the way of access to a boosters hunting land during his recruitment and after he signed with OM.  He wasn't the only recruit/signee that accepted the offering from the booster.

14 hours ago, milehighfan said:

I can't believe he said that. I mean, he's a grown man.

He's 40, he's not a kid.

9 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

He's 40, he's not a kid.

ain't old

Well, my Ole Miss friend is just apoplectic ......been a big Freeze fan since he arrived in Oxford but is about ready to accept what the NCAA is claiming and said that if any of it is true....Freeze has to go.

23 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Well, my Ole Miss friend is just apoplectic ......been a big Freeze fan since he arrived in Oxford but is about ready to accept what the NCAA is claiming and said that if any of it is true....Freeze has to go.

I do feel bad for the fans. 

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I love it when the NCAA hammer comes down and fans still throw out the "if any of it is true" card. The investigation already happened... it's true.  Grab the pitchforks and head to the coach's house.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I do feel bad for the fans. 

In this case, yea.  Ole Miss fans have always been classy to me. 

If it had been a few other schools, I'd have to stifle laughter when I was around their fans.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

I love it when the NCAA hammer comes down and fans still throw out the "if any of it is true" card. The investigation already happened... it's true.  Grab the pitchforks and head to the coach's house.

We would be the same way.....I've been through three different probations since being an AU student and the fans almost never accepted that AU did anything that everyone else was doing.  

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

In this case, yea.  Ole Miss fans have always been classy to me. 

If it had been a few other schools, I'd have to stifle laughter when I was around their fans.

Out of likes but... YUP

Just now, AU64 said:

We would be the same way.....I've been through three different probations since being an AU student and the fans almost never accepted that AU did anything that everyone else was doing.  

Fair point

10 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yea... the truth hurts, but of the three probations, were we ever in the right? I've heard stories that Dye was set up in the Ramsey situation, but when it comes down to it, he still broke the rules, set up or not.  You do the crime, you gotta do the time.  That's why I stick by my fandom of Rich McGlynn, no matter how annoying he can be.

10 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... the truth hurts, but of the three probations, were we ever in the right? I've heard stories that Dye was set up in the Ramsey situation, but when it comes down to it, he still broke the rules, set up or not.  You do the crime, you gotta do the time.  That's why I stick by my fandom of Rich McGlynn, no matter how annoying he can be.

Agree....missed out on a national championship back in the 1950....famous Beaube twins who never came to AU but cost us 5 years I think.  I doubt we were in the right...but even if we were "sort of innocent" in those cases, there were probably other things we got away with.    I had a couple friends on the AU football team in the early 1960s and we had our own version of T-Town Menswear over in Georgia....and downtown AU too.   

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I had a couple friends on the AU football team in the early 1960s and we had our own version of T-Town Menswear over in Georgia....and downtown AU too.   

So you're saying that bama not only steals traditions from us but ideas for cheating as well?

CAM WAS INNOCENT DAMMIT AND IT WAS SO STUPID THAT PEOPLE THOUGHT OTHERWISE!

I don't always go on rants, but when I do, it's usually in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

35 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

So you're saying that bama not only steals traditions from us but ideas for cheating as well?

I think bama wrote the book on it.....be we were pretty good students...:) 

Y'all serious about the "investigation is over" thing? Seriously?? You're willing to say that everything the NCAA says is Gospel truth? That's incredible. Do you have the same reaction every time a human is charged with a crime? I mean, the investigation is over at that point so he/she must be guilty. Surely the prosecutor wouldn't charge him/her unless it was true, right?

Um, I'll wait to see what the Committee on Infractions actually says after the University responds, the hearing actually takes place, and the disinterested COI panel has a chance to review all the factual information/testimony.

3 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Y'all serious about the "investigation is over" thing? Seriously?? You're willing to say that everything the NCAA says is Gospel truth? That's incredible. Do you have the same reaction every time a human is charged with a crime? I mean, the investigation is over at that point so he/she must be guilty. Surely the prosecutor wouldn't charge him/her unless it was true, right?

Um, I'll wait to see what the Committee on Infractions actually says after the University responds, the hearing actually takes place, and the disinterested COI panel has a chance to review all the factual information/testimony.

When the NCAA interviews former players, former recruits, and does a year long investigation that results in dropping the lack of institutional control bomb... yea... I'm willing to say it's over. They have been so reluctant to go after anyone for years now, so for them to lay out the charges that they have, I doubt that Ole Miss will be able to worm their way out of this mess without cleaning house.

This isn't a criminal trial.  The NCAA isn't a prosecutor's office trying to make a case against someone and only presenting evidence to that point, they are an organization (possible ineptitude aside) looking for the truth and they don't lay charges unless they found smoking guns. That's why they left Auburn after 18 months with a clean bill of health.

Oh, and by the way, Ole Miss has already publicly admitted to some of the worst charges. All the hearing is about is Ole Miss trying to talk them into as limited of penalties as possible. 

Agree with Lion on his comment.....what passes for a "trial" has already happened behind closed doors.....NCAA is a Kangaroo Court for the most part and what is left now is equivalent to the Penalty Phase....where the guilty party (Ole Miss in this case) tries to find ways to limit the damage....like voluntarily taking a Bowl ban and hoping that will satisfy the NCAA...which it won't in this case since those magic words..."lack of institutional control" have been spoken and that's a big deal. 

I could be wrong but I don't think OM is going to find many character witnesses to speak up and plead for mercy on their behalf.   SEC is cut throat and everyone in the West in particular will be happy to see them eliminated from serious contention for a few years....or more. 

Archived