Trump Fires Comey

AUDub

15 hours ago, AU64 said:

Otherwise...time will tell about the investigation which seems to change directions whenever the first premise does not pan out....so they go look for something else.

Yeah, and the Clinton Email scandel came out during an investigation on Benghazi.  So what's your point?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

IMO that is different. Nothing to the ongoing Russian/Trump Admin collusion or whatever it is called now. Hillary and dems where exposed regardless of the info source.And yes, he should have have been fired by Obama after his input.

:laugh:   That was funny!  

"Nothing" to the Russian/Trump connection, as if you know.

Comey firing threatens Senate probe into Trump’s Russia ties

The FBI director had been cooperating with the intelligence committee investigation, talking with lawmakers and sharing material.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/09/comey-firing-trump-russia-senate-238187

..........Comey, who had led the FBI since 2013, confirmed publicly in March that the bureau was investigating potential ties between Trump associates and the Russian government. He was unexpectedly cooperative with the intelligence committee as it conducted its own probe into Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election.

His removal left the intelligence panel, which did not appear to have received a heads-up, stunned on Tuesday night.

“Director Comey has been more forthcoming with information than any FBI Director I can recall in my tenure on the congressional intelligence committees,” Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr said in a statement. The North Carolina Republican added he was “troubled” by the firing. “His dismissal, I believe, is a loss for the Bureau and the nation.”

The intelligence panel’s investigation has been held up as perhaps the last hope for the public to understand the full scope of how the Russian government worked to undermine the 2016 election, including any potential Russian efforts to compromise members of Trump’s campaign team......

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Here is my new favorite CNN headline.

They were fired while investigating Trump.

Sally Yates
Wasn't she fired for arguing against Trump's immigration ban?

Preet Blarara

Wasn't he fired when a new regime was elected as usual and he was one of many? I must have missed what his investigation was all about.

James Comey

I could have swore up till now its people in the Trump Administration being investigated? Maybe CNN has the scoop..

Maybe we can play the game CNN loves to play. Truth or not true!

1 hour ago, WDavE said:

Here is my new favorite CNN headline.

They were fired while investigating Trump.

Sally Yates
Wasn't she fired for arguing against Trump's immigration ban?

Preet Blarara

Wasn't he fired when a new regime was elected as usual and he was one of many? I must have missed what his investigation was all about.

James Comey

I could have swore up till now its people in the Trump Administration being investigated? Maybe CNN has the scoop..

Maybe we can play the game CNN loves to play. Truth or not true!

:dunno:

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Conversely, when Comey was investigating Hillary's emails and contributing to the ongoing view of her as being untrustworthy, he was just doing his job.  Now that he's holding Trump's feet a little too close to the fire, he needed to go.

Hypocrisy is not a partisan issue.

Never said it was but in this case the Dems are way and above the winners IMHO

Flynn has apparently been served a subpoena by the SIC.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

Obviously you do not homie. You have have pasted and copied countless BS articles.Tell us when, why, how and I will help you attempt to oust Trump. 

5 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Smart man that Trump. Send a man to the Sun. Brilliant, lets see the russians top that one

LMAO

This Administration is everything I had hoped for after the election. I just hope they open up every screw up that DC has made over the last 20 years as they set fire to themselves. #silverlining lol

50 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

This Administration is everything I had hoped for after the election. I just hope they open up every screw up that DC has made over the last 20 years as they set fire to themselves. #silverlining lol

Yes!!!

I am amazed at the number of people who have jumped to Comey's defense.

The guy screwed up every where he turned for the past year...and yet that was good enough for him to be our top law enforcement officials.? Really?    JMO but he made Barney Fire look competent.

But some seem to be saying that he was doing a good job and should not have been fired.  

Is that the counter argument ?:-\

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

I am amazed at the number of people who have jumped to Comey's defense.

The guy screwed up every where he turned for the past year...and yet that was good enough for him to be our top law enforcement officials.? Really?    JMO but he made Barney Fire look competent.

But some seem to be saying that he was doing a good job and should not have been fired.  

Is that the counter argument ?:-\

Agreed. What is funny. I would think Hillary would have fired him on day one if she had won.

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

Agreed. What is funny. I would think Hillary would have fired him on day one if she had won.

Two things we know...as you say...HC would have fired him on day one and Dems would have rejoiced.

And...nobody has indicated that any investigation is being bagged....since as we know the length of a government investigation is about the closest thing to eternity that we will ever see this side of the grave....

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Obviously you do not homie. You have have pasted and copied countless BS articles.Tell us when, why, how and I will help you attempt to oust Trump. 

Sorry but I am not following your logic.  Among other things, I have been posting evidence that indicate a serious investigation into Trump's ties to Russia should be investigated.  (Of course, there are many other things Trump has done that could merit impeachment, but for the sake of argument let's stick with the Russian ties.)

All I want is for the truth to be known and that will take an investigation that is not yet occuring.  (The congressional committee investigations are a joke - understaffed and underfunded.)

While I - and many others - think there's something there, I don't know there is.  That's why the investigation is needed.

You - on the other - declare there is nothing there.  As if you know.

P.S.:

If you are going to call a referenced article BS, you need to cite the article in question and explain why. Otherwise, you just come across as a Trumpbot, who believes everything that comes out of his mouth.

3 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

Given the stated reasons he was fired, Trump should have fired him on day one.  

But Trump had been praising him throughout the campaign.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Two things we know...as you say...HC would have fired him on day one and Dems would have rejoiced.

And...nobody has indicated that any investigation is being bagged....since as we know the length of a government investigation is about the closest thing to eternity that we will ever see this side of the grave....

Only if it is being deliberately stalled....

McConnell rejects calls for special prosecutor

Most Republicans give President Donald Trump a pass for the sudden firing of the FBI director.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/10/mcconnell-rejects-call-for-special-prosecutor-238206

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Given the stated reasons he was fired, Trump should have fired him on day one.  

But Trump had been praising him throughout the campaign.

Not in disagreement with that. IMO Comey's actions became political and he should have been gone no matter the president.

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

Not in disagreement with that. IMO Comey's actions became political and he should have been gone no matter the president.

How could his actions be political?  Or better yet how could his actions NOT be seemingly political? He was refereeing a fight between the two dirtiest humans to ever seek the same office. Firing him is not a huge deal to me. But Trump shouldn't get to choose his replacement. That should be a congressional process and require 2/3s approval. You can't choose who investigates you. 

Archived