Softball vs. Oklahoma - game 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-0 on a ground rule double. The strike two pitch was a nice change but came back with a fastball up and OU got the run they needed. Can't give up another. 

chopped to the left side, Fagan keeps it on the infield but has no play anywhere.   2-0. damn

Auburn gets out of it without any more damage.  Time for Auburn to go to work.  Fagan, Rivera and Veach.  Let's get those runs back.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Did we get an explaination as to why AU didn't go with the obvious choice to pitch today? 

The commentators said something about keeping the ball in the ballpark (so they went with a dropball pitcher), that's all I heard.

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Did we get an explaination as to why AU didn't go with the obvious choice to pitch today? 

Also Martin pitched really well against OU in game 3 last year.

Just now, wildling said:

The commentators said something about keeping the ball in the ballpark (so they went with a dropball pitcher), that's all I heard.

Interesting. I would think Carlson could do that. Now if AU wins tomorrow, assuming the score holds, it's Martin again Sunday to start. But I'm sure either can go a while. Just haven't seen the same result from Martin as Carlson. 

Batting woes are going to do this team in, they're not making the necessary adjustments 

Rivera lines one to the gap in left center and it goes to the wall.  Rivera stands up at 2nd.   Kendall Veach up.

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

Also Martin pitched really well against OU in game 3 last year.

True. Plus pitcher doesn't matter if you have 9Ks through 5 (6 after Fagans at bat), and only a couple of hits. 

Got to hand it to Parker. When she gives up a hit or a walk, she comes back and gets ahead of the next batter and reestablishes her dominance. 

Veach strikes out swinging on a horrible pitch.   2 outs.  Courtney Shea up.

6 minutes ago, BigBlue1345162816 said:

alright, Fagan or Rivera reach base then Veach ties it up with a big swing! 

well dang...maybe I was off by a batter

Archived