Softball vs. Oklahoma - game 1

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 more Ks this inning for AU. Just not getting it done at the plate. 12 for the game through 6. 

1 minute ago, ScubaSteve said:

Why does shea get the start every game over Abbott?  

She's better. 

We simply cannot hit this girl. It has been a theme going on for 2 years now.  She owns us. She owned a better lineup that we had last year and she owns our lineup this year. That is why so badly all of us were paying attention to that oklahoma regional because we knew that if we were being honest was our best chance at making it back to okc is if Oklahoma lost.

8 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Interesting. I would think Carlson could do that. Now if AU wins tomorrow, assuming the score holds, it's Martin again Sunday to start. But I'm sure either can go a while. Just haven't seen the same result from Martin as Carlson. 

Carlson is definitely the better pitcher, but I could see this being a good strategy if there was a strong wind blowing out. KC has 114Ks, 256 GOs and 200 FOs on the year. MM has 103Ks, 222 GOs and only 89 FOs. It does look like there is a bit of wind blowing out.

AU has to get Parker out of their head. She's very beatable but AU seems to really struggle with her. If I'm OU, I pitch her until she falls over. Tired or not, AU isn't able to lay off the bad pitches she throws.

infield single now a double to the gap and oklahoma has runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs.  We can't afford to allow any more runs here.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

AU has to get Parker out of their head. She's very beatable but AU seems to really struggle with her. If I'm OU, I pitch her until she falls over. Tired or not, AU isn't able to lay off the bad pitches she throws.

Its honestly almost every legit ace we face. We just do not have the bats to consistently hit great pitching this year.

Wallace with a great throw down to 3rd and Auburn handles the run down perfectly and runner is OUT at home.  That's a huge out there.

Last chance for Auburn.  We've got to get 4 to keep it going.   Podany, McCrackin and Draper due up.  I expect a pinch hitter or two here.   Need base runners ahead of Cooper, Wallace and Fagan.   Let's do this.

Draper strikes out swinging and its a final.   Auburn falls in game 1  4-0. 

Archived