Malzahn wants OL set early

aubiefifty

Just my opinion but I would leave the 3 returning starters from last year right where they are. Continuity is very important.  It is especially important if you want to get things set early. If somebody can beat out James @ LT, Golson @ OC or Smith @ RG so be it. But OC is critical to the overall execution of the OL and Golson knows his job. With Smith we have an All-SEC, potential All-American type RG. If an Ashley can beat out James at LT, great, then consider a James move. If Ashley can't then consider him at RT.  

1 hour ago, IronMan70 said:

Just my opinion but I would leave the 3 returning starters from last year right where they are. Continuity is very important.  It is especially important if you want to get things set early. If somebody can beat out James @ LT, Golson @ OC or Smith @ RG so be it. But OC is critical to the overall execution of the OL and Golson knows his job. With Smith we have an All-SEC, potential All-American type RG. If an Ashley can beat out James at LT, great, then consider a James move. If Ashley can't then consider him at RT.  

I agree..Simple. 

im with the coaches. its hard to say about O-line projections when you havent seen many of the options. but that "early in camp" thing is horse crap. we never figure anything out early in camp. we make a decision about 4 or 5 practices before kickoff and adjust for 3-4 games. just have to hope our first few opponents are still looking for their groove too.

8 hours ago, homersapien said:

No offense, but to me, that sounds like a rationalization for doing something stupid.

It would be stupid to move a player to a position he's better at and replace him with someone better, or at least as good as and more experienced  than him at his current position?

Really not following your logic.

18 hours ago, keesler said:

I have a hard time throwing shade on the OL for that Clemson game.  My God, they probabaly didn't know who they were blocking for half the time with that QB carousel Gus trotted in the field.

No doubt. That entire game plan on O was the worst cluster I've ever seen!

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

It would be stupid to move a player to a position he's better at and replace him with someone better, or at least as good as and more experienced  than him at his current position?

Really not following your logic.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

47 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Conserve it.

7 hours ago, homersapien said:

Not a fan of progress, I see.

It's not like this is the 2010 or 2013 group. 

Archived