How has noone mentioned this?

PChamp119

7 year deal... $2M per year + $200K added on every year... big buyout, and i know 2011 is a long way away and contracts change almost annually, but $3M will be like pocket change to this man by then. Hopefully he'll stay a while - I like him

7 year deal... $2M per year + $200K added on every year... big buyout, and i know 2011 is a long way away and contracts change almost annually, but $3M will be like pocket change to this man by then. Hopefully he'll stay a while - I like him

147251[/snapback]

I just saw it myself, but I've been busy all day. Heres a link...

147251[/snapback]

I just saw it myself, but I've been busy all day. Heres a link...

147253[/snapback]

Not specific to Tubbs, and I know it is what the market seems to bear these days, but as much as I love AU football, when the highest paid state employee is a football coach, our values are seriously out of whack.

Not specific to Tubbs, and I know it is what the market seems to bear these days, but as much as I love AU football, when the highest paid state employee is a football coach, our values are seriously out of whack.

147255[/snapback]

I would tend to agree with you, but this paragraph sort of brings it back into the land of reality:

The contract announced Thursday by the school will pay Tuberville a base salary of $210,000, with the remainder coming from endorsements and radio and television deals.

I can live with that. The bulk of his salary is being paid out of something he (well, the football team) produces...interest in the sport. Not taxpayer dollars.

B'ham News link:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...21879158951.xml

Curious about one statement:

Tuberville has a 51-24 record in six seasons at Auburn. Four of his teams have won or shared the SEC West title. Auburn's 29 SEC wins since 2000 is the second highest total in the league.
So who's #1 in SEC victories during that time? I'm supposing either Georgia or Tennessee? (LSU has had some good years, but also some not-as-good years in that stretch..)

B'ham News link:

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birmingha...21879158951.xml

Curious about one statement:

Tuberville has a 51-24 record in six seasons at Auburn. Four of his teams have won or shared the SEC West title. Auburn's 29 SEC wins since 2000 is the second highest total in the league.
So who's #1 in SEC victories during that time? I'm supposing either Georgia or Tennessee? (LSU has had some good years, but also some not-as-good years in that stretch..)

147296[/snapback]

Don't know for sure but I would think it is :uga:

First of all......bammer Sucks

Now back to the Topic:

Also, Coach Borges is gettin' a Handsome Raise as well as Coach Gibbs........and the Rest of the Coaches are getting raises.......Like I've said before, the Head Coach is only as good as his Assistance.......You surround yourselve with Top Notch Assistances, you'll be a Top Notch Head Coach..........

Archived