Call For Athletes to Boycott Auburn

Texan4Auburn

Sorry if this has been posted, didn't see it.

Obviously some people are calling for African-Americans athletes to boycott Auburn as a school of their choice in Montgomery. This is starting to get really stupid.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=1999297

I found another article that if you read down at the bottom they say that they should encourage not only athletes but regular students as well not to attend Auburn University. It also says that they should cut the universities funding. All of this unless Auburn rehires the two African-Americans that they fired (no talk of rehiring the white guy of course).

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5...5ONCAUCUS25.htm

Really what kind of message does this send. To me it pretty much is saying that equality is BS and that issues such as affirmitive action and racism are used as a crutch and a advantage, not as a means of ensuring that all men/women are treated fairly and equally. Don't fire African-Americans or we will pull your funding, seems the rules are different and not equal to me. This Holmes guy smells of racism to me.

Hey, this could get really serious real fast if something isn't done. I think it's time white's filed a suit somewhere for discrimination due to the inequity in white athletes vs. blacks. Blacks get a disproportionate number of the available scholorships so if they want a fight, lets give them one. I think it's time this crap stopped, otherwise, nobody will ever be satisfied. Of course you have to make a choice about how much crap you are willing to stir up to accomplish th is and they may not be willing to take the risk. God, will things ever settle down at Auburn? It seems that the powers that be are not satisfied with good press and a steady boat and if things are calm, they will deliberately find something to rock the boat. I'm so sick of all this at my school. WDE anyway! :au::angry:

P.S. By the way, IF those positions are NOT really needed and/or performance was subpar, then I'll be damned if I would rehire either of them just to satisfy a bunch of troublemakers.

And they call us racist....hah

" Dont go to that white school, dont play that white sport" .....we're racist? :poke:

hippocrites...

If this boycott were to work, wouldn't it be somewhat counter productive for blacks? I mean if blacks boycott then there will be less blacks therefore more whites. It seems that if they wanted what was right, they would be encouraging blacks to attend Auburn in order to help make things right. But then logical thinking has never been a strong suit for Alvin Holmes.

BTW - I think young black people see Holmes and Rodgers for what they are, racist, shake down artists. It's easy for them to pull a stunt like this when others will be making a sacrifice, but Holmes and Rodgers are sitting in their ivory towers dragging in the money.

If this boycott were to work, wouldn't it be somewhat counter productive for blacks?  I mean if blacks boycott then there will be less blacks therefore more whites.  It seems that if they wanted what was right, they would be encouraging blacks to attend Auburn in order to help make things right.  But then logical thinking has never been a strong suit for Alvin Holmes. 

BTW - I think young black people see Holmes and Rodgers for what they are, racist, shake down artists.  It's easy for them to pull a stunt like this when others will be making a sacrifice, but Holmes and Rodgers are sitting in their ivory towers dragging in the money.

148615[/snapback]

All black athletes need to listen to Alvin Holme's interview on the Finebaum Show, what a racist hypocritical moron :puke: . I sat and listened to the whole thing and I came away angry at his drivel directed at something he has no business involving himself in and I came away glad that I don't have to work for him or along side him.

P.S. Didn't Holmes get in troubel over a DUI, yea thats real upstanding and sets a great example for young black men everywhere.

P.S. Didn't Holmes get in troubel over a DUI, yea thats real upstanding and sets a great example for young black men everywhere.

148620[/snapback]

Yes he did, and he claimed that the black officer that stopped him and gave him the ticket was being racist.

Holmes also is paid $42,000.00 + for teaching ONE class at Alabama State.

Rodgers has a similar scam running at UAB.

Here's a question for you. If a "part time teaching" but "full time paid" professor at Auburn or Alabama made similar statements about Alabama State would there be an uproar? Does anyone know the racial makeup of the Professors and staff at Alabama St? Or the racial make up of the student body?

In the Finebaum interview, Holmes made a complete fool of himself, as if he wasn't one already. To his credit, Vickers asked the straight forward questions and simply wanted Holmes to justify why he thought this was a racist move by Auburn. Holmes simply couldn't do it. He kept trying to refer back to the civil rights movement some 30 years ago and couldn't address the current situation other than to say they were black and they shouldn't have been fired.

This guy is a bumbling idiot and it's scary to think how he could remain in office as long as he has. What mindless individuals continually back this guy? This is the type of man representing our state? :no:

this is starting to get out of hand. everybody gets fired at one point in life. deal with it and move on. i can't believe that this is happening. apparently when a black person is fired, its racist?

a large proportion of the athletes on scholarship are black. so are they saying that these same athletes should turn down a free education because someone got fired, and they think it's racist? this is ridiculous.

I'll have to check out that Finbaum interview. Also I wonder where the money would go that they took away from Auburn......... let me guess Tuskegee, Alabama A@M, Alabama State? Probably the same place these athletes are suppose to go.

Just for fun I looked up on the Princeton review the % of whites at these schools. 2% at Tuskegee, 3% at A&M, and a whopping 4% at State. Perhaps these universities need to look into their diversity also. Why is noone screaming about those?

Course what would come around from that is the argument my mom had with a black lady one time, ya know the well if you didn't let your son date a black girl then your racist, but if I don't let my daughter date your white son then I am preserving my culture and heritage. The argument was hypothetical, don't want Holmes going after my mom.

Alvin Holmes has been around since Moses was a corporal. When I was at Auburn in 90-91, I had a job working for the AL House Ways & Means committee. The committee held hearings on the budgets for each state department - Public Safety, Education, etc. The only question Holmes ever asked the WHITE department heads was "How many black people work in your department?" and "How many black people are in senior positions in your department?". One department had a black guy as its head, so good ole' Alvin didn't ask the question. So I dared one of my state rep buddies to ask the question "How many white people work in your department?" and HE DID IT! Holmes was PISSED!!! He is just a low rent version of Jesse Jackson, with scruples like Al Sharpton. Nothing but a race pimp.

Holmes was PISSED!!! He is just a low rent version of Jesse Jackson, with scruples like Al Sharpton. Nothing but a race pimp.

148674[/snapback]

You pegged it Jenny :cheer:

Here's a question for you.  If a "part time teaching" but "full time paid" professor at Auburn or Alabama made similar statements about Alabama State would there be an uproar?  Does anyone know the racial makeup of the Professors and staff at Alabama St? Or the racial make up of the student body?

148627[/snapback]

I had heard around $60,000, but oh well. When someone asked him why he's paid this much, he responed that he should be paid more for being such an activist for civil rights.

He's also a representative.

Remember this is called DOUBLE DIPPING It's actually illegal, but why would the legislature want to ruin a good thing

Well my friends, idiots like Holmes and Rogers are going to keep coming because a little known fact is that Birmingham has only about 8,500 whites in the city now and Jefferson County's population is ever increasing in minority numbers. There will probably never be another white Mayor of Birmingham and the County is going to continue to push minorities for public office at the state level. It is no longer an issue of equality---it is an issue of superiority and things such as this will not stop until that is attained. I know little about Holmes, but Rogers is just pissed because the senate killed his filibuster to have public funding approved for his minority located "doomed" stadium in Bham.

Auburn has made a sincere effort to level the playing field and in fact, has shown discrimination toward white athletes over Blacks for years now. It's time we took up for the most discriminated person on this planet--the white male! WDE!

that's funny, i'm a white man, and i've never been discriminated against. seriously though, our sports teams don't discriminate against white players. i honestly believe we recruit the best players for our team regardless of color. you do a disservice to the minority players by insinuating saying otherwise b/c that means they only got here based on policy, not on talent. and that's a load of ****.

Guest Tigrinum Major

Here's a question for you.  If a "part time teaching" but "full time paid" professor at Auburn or Alabama made similar statements about Alabama State would there be an uproar?  Does anyone know the racial makeup of the Professors and staff at Alabama St? Or the racial make up of the student body?

148627[/snapback]

I had heard around $60,000, but oh well. When someone asked him why he's paid this much, he responed that he should be paid more for being such an activist for civil rights.

He's also a representative.

Remember this is called DOUBLE DIPPING It's actually illegal, but why would the legislature want to ruin a good thing

148693[/snapback]

He gets paid another $20,000+ from Alabama State for being some kind of consultant. It isn't illegal, just ethically questionable. He came across on Finebaum as a bumbling idiot. Why would ASU want the guy tied to them?

Holmes was on John Longshore and Barry McKnight's call in show.

He argued what was convienent. When Longshore would talk about the amount of black athletes, Holmes would talk about black employees.

said he's not worried about the white man.

Get this, he said that he has not spoken to Danley or Harris.

He also said that BO DID MORE FOR AUBURN THAN AUBURN DID FOR BO. Said that Bo could have gone to Georgia or Tennessee, but he chose Auburn.

The interview will be on their website later today. I'll put a link once it's put up.

said he's not worried about the white man.

Get this, he said that he has not spoken to Danley or Harris.

He also said that BO DID MORE FOR AUBURN THAN AUBURN DID FOR BO. Said that Bo could have gone to Georgia or Tennessee, but he chose Auburn.

148777[/snapback]

The last person in the world I want worrying about me is a Racist like Alvin Holmes!

Make no mistake Holmes does not care one bit about Danley or Harris. His actions and comments were to get his name and picture in the paper and in the news. Everything he has done is this instance has been to shake down Auburn University. Holmes is a shake down artist like Jessie Jackson.

Like most of the interviews that Holmes gives, he shows his ignorance almost every time he opens his mouth.

As for Bo, I am glad he choose to attend Auburn University, which was there before Bo and is still there after Bo.

As for Bo, I am glad he choose to attend Auburn University, which was there before Bo and is still there after Bo.

148800[/snapback]

If Bo had never gone here, Brent Fullwood would own the AU record for rushing yardage, and probably by a LOT. People forget just how good he was.

I think this whole issue is crap, If I was fired no one would give a damn, and about being racist thats so untrue. Im a white person and far from racist. I lived and died on every play from African American players for :au: this year, Look on my wall signed pics by Carnell, Jason, Stanley, Courtney, Devin,Carlos, to be a typical :au: fan I think that is how we all are we love all of :au: players we pay no attention to color. We build these guys up to be football giants and War Eagle and piss on Alvin

Jason Campbell for President

Archived