Are There JFK Assassination Secrets?

Proud Tiger

We may soon learn if there are any secrets related to the JFK assassination if Trump OKs the release  of classified filed. My bet is yes. Otherwise why have they been kept secret for so long?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10/21/trump-suggests-hell-allow-release-classified-files-on-kennedy-assassination.html

I'd bet that it is all intel captured via CIA/NSA sources or methods on what other governments were communicating after the assassination. What is probably classified is not the content but the method with which it was collected.

I think Bens is spot on. Not content but methodology and by today's standards it may not be a big deal to us, but 50 years ago it probably would have scared a lot of people of how much communications we were having with "enemies".

It has long been rumored that the Mafia was behind it. It is well known that Sinatra had Mafia ties. He and the Kennedys were close until Bobby started investigating the Mafia and the relationship soured. Coincidence that both JFK and Bobby were assassinated? Would be nice to know.

Well the initial release showed zilch.

Of course the intelligence community persuaded Trump to do tons of last minute redactions that delayed a lot of info being released for another 6 months.  They've had decades to get this crap done and it's really inexcusable.  

But I'm with alexava - I bet it's going to end up being a big fat nothing.  Some interesting blanks will be filled in with stuff most of us already assumed and that's about it.

There are secrets about the assassination and the following incidents and the investigation. None of which were released.  None of which will ever be revealed.  

Even now it's going to be embarrassing.  By today's standards some of our intelligence and law enforcement organizations probably missed some BIG signals about Oswald before it happened....and allowing him to be shot was a major screw-up (conspiracy?)

In my view.....LHO shot JFK and that is not going to change.....just damage to some people's reputations before and after the event. 

I was a student at AU when that occurred and there was actually mixed reaction to it as I recall....due to civil rights issues at the time JFK was not universally loved in the south.   Auburn played a scheduled football game that weekend...maybe the next day....think it was against FSU maybe....but seemed like life just went on at AU.

Hard to believer that was more than 50 years ago.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Even now it's going to be embarrassing.  By today's standards some of our intelligence and law enforcement organizations probably missed some BIG signals about Oswald before it happened....and allowing him to be shot was a major screw-up (conspiracy?)

In my view.....LHO shot JFK and that is not going to change.....just damage to some people's reputations before and after the event. 

I was a student at AU when that occurred and there was actually mixed reaction to it as I recall....due to civil rights issues at the time JFK was not universally loved in the south.   Auburn played a scheduled football game that weekend...maybe the next day....think it was against FSU maybe....but seemed like life just went on at AU.

Hard to believer that was more than 50 years ago.

But how did the blacks on campus feel about it?   

;)

Archived