If you don't mind a little killing in a movie....

tiger88

...I thought Collateral was awesome. For some reason I avoided seeing it for awhile.

I also watched Saw and it was good if you don't mind a lot of gore. Not really a horror movie as much as a suspense movie. It was so intense that I missed a few plot holes until after it was over.

Anyone else seen any really good ones lately at the movies or on rental?

Collateral and Saw were both decent renters...pretty cool surprise there at the end of Saw. :thumbsup:

The next movie I want to rent is Ladder 49...anyone seen it?

I thought Collateral was awesome. Pacing was a little off...and the soundtrack didnt fit too well...but overall great movie.

Saw was a good change of pace from the crappy scary movies that have come out lately.

I thought collateral was pretty good, not great. Saw was entertaining but not scary at all. They are making a Saw 2 which will be interesting. Just watched the flight of the phoenix tonight. It was ok. The best movie I have seen in a while was Ray. I dont even like Jamie Fox but have to admit he played that role amazingly. I also thought "the notebook" was good. It's kind of a sappy romance thing but it was very well made.

Speaking of sequels, they're coming out with The Ring 2. The first was ok but any originality it had is all used up by now...don't see the sequel being that entertaining. Switch to DVD's people! :P

I caught "Man on Fire" this weekend for the first time and thought it was very good.

The ending wasn't what you'd hope for, but I'd have to give it 3 1/2 out of 4 stars.

Man on fire was very good...and i dont like Denzel.

I loved Ray. It was awesome. At points in the movie, i forgot I was watching Jamie Fox...felt like it was Ray himself.

SAw was a pretty good movie. (Never "saw" IT coming) :D

Collateral is Denzel's most unlikeable movie ever.

SAw was a pretty good movie. (Never "saw" IT coming)  :D

149745[/snapback]

Denzel wasn't in Collateral.

I thought collateral was pretty good, not great. Saw was entertaining but not scary at all. They are making a Saw 2 which will be interesting. Just watched the flight of the phoenix tonight. It was ok. The best movie I have seen in a while was Ray. I dont even like Jamie Fox but have to admit he played that role amazingly. I also thought "the notebook" was good. It's kind of a sappy romance thing but it was very well made.

149680[/snapback]

YES! Rent "The Notebook" and watch it with your wife/girlfried/both. You will earn points and enjoy the movie.

"Troy" is not a bad movie. I think some of the extras dealing with Greek Mythology were nice.

Guest Tigrinum Major
SAw was a pretty good movie. (Never "saw" IT coming)  :D

149745[/snapback]

Denzel wasn't in Collateral.

149750[/snapback]

That was Jamie Foxx. Collateral was pretty good. I watched it a few weeks ago with my wife and sister-in-law who was too dense to keep up with the plot (my sister-in-law, not my wife), which spoiled it some for me.

Archived