100 Dang Good Reasons to Live in Alabama

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know Jenny, I like mine with paprika.

I do agree with you on the NIP however, but remember WE had snow on Cristmas Eve.  :blink:   And I don't live that far down the road from you.

WDE

150840[/snapback]

That was a freak of nature, literally. I think God did that for Katie's benefit, as I had JUST said the day before that she will probably be 15 before she ever saw snow in Houston. But even if it was snow, how many times have you stood around talking to your naighbors outside in Alabama IN YOUR SHIRTSLEEVES and exclaimed "Hey! It's snowing!" :lol:

With all of this talk of deviled eggs and chili-slathered hamburgers, I think this thread officially needs one of these:

ren_son_4shot.gif

Now about this:

34. more books and songs written about Alabama than any other state

I ain't so sure about this one, the Texicans over here would argue BIG time over this.

However ain't no song about Texas comes close to  "SWEET HOME ALABAMA"

YEAH BUDDY.  :cheer:   :cheer:   :cheer:

150842[/snapback]

Sorry all but the New Yorker is going to have to get in on this. :D

I would like a recount on the Book - Song thing (Stat can you help with this?)

As for the rest...

Papricka :thumbsdown:

Dill Relish :thumbsup:

Dill Relish  :thumbsup:

151095[/snapback]

You damn Yankee... :roflol::roflol:

You just haven't eaten my grandma's deviled eggs with HOMEMADE sweet pickle relish - then you would change your mind. :D

And I didn't make the claim abt the most songs - that was already in the lsit when I posted it. I wondered about that too, but never bothered to check. :P

I'll settle it. Maybe not the most songs but the best! Nobody wants to sit in the FloraBama on a Sunday afternoon and hear songs about Illinois or New Mexico. But songs about Alabama always are welcome. :big::big::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Guest Tigrinum Major
Tigermike,

You are obviously a very wise scholar of the finer arts.  You know of Colonel Dixie and speak highly of the Florabama.

151132[/snapback]

My wife and I were in Gulf Shores the weekend before Ivan and spent a few hours at the FloraBama. That was the first time we had been on a vacation without kids in over ten years. It was definitely a weekend to remember.

Have they built it back yet?

Tigermike,

You are obviously a very wise scholar of the finer arts.  You know of Colonel Dixie and speak highly of the Florabama.

151132[/snapback]

I try to keep my priorities in order. :big:

151139[/snapback]

I'm not sure if they have yet, but have heard that they do plan to.

Tigermike,

151132[/snapback]

I try to keep my priorities in order. :big:

151139[/snapback]

I'm not sure if they have yet, but have heard that they do plan to.

151147[/snapback]

I got tore up and left my wife at the Flora-Bam on more than one occasion. We are not really married anymore. The origional plan was to have the FB open by spring, but the owner is having problems getting permits from the City of Orange Beach. All the permits have the FB being built to present-day building code, meaning it will have to sit a certain height off the ground and some other things. So when it does get rebuilt, there's a chance it won't look exactly like the old one. However, Mullett Toss will still be held on the beach behind it. It will take place on April 22-24th.

The origional plan was to have the FB open by spring, but the owner is having problems getting permits from the City of Orange Beach.  All the permits have the FB being built to present-day building code, meaning it will have to sit a certain height off the ground and some other things. 

151176[/snapback]

I don't know if I would like all those drunks partying two or three stories off the ground. :blink:

As far as their building codes are concerned, some of those new condos built to code, didn't fare too well. :(

Archived