Politics Aside

Proud Tiger

Politics and differences of opinion aside. I wish everyone a blessed Christmas and a great 2018. I heard Santa say War Eagle as he flew over our house a few minutes ago. I can't imagine a better place to be on Christmas Eve than Auburn.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Politics and differences of opinion aside. I wish everyone a blessed Christmas and a great 2018. I heard Santa say War Eagle as he flew over our house a few minutes ago. I can't imagine a better place to be on Christmas Eve than Auburn.

Merry Christmas PT and War Eagle!

Merry Christmas! Got the kids in. Will give them another hour then put the Santa face on. 

13 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

are you serious?

Merry Christmas all.  Had a nice Christmas Eve with my wife, including a slow smoked prime rib.  Made some fresh meatball appetizers for her family's get together tomorrow per in-law request.

Five year anniversary cruise to the Caribbean in less than two weeks.  Life is solid.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas and New Year!

Just set out all the Santa gifts. Probably the last time we get to pull this off. Ava just turned 9. That is when Alex started asking questions or not when he started but when i felt like i needed to level with him.Just put out an 8ft teddy bear and about a million other things. Including 2 gallons of elmers glue and 15bottles of contact lens cleaning solution..... and more mess making chemicals... she makes her own slime. now to finish my wife's last one. I built her a wall tree a few days ago, ready to paint now. then made a wine case out of mostly left over plywood and 3/4" pine boards to hold 6 bottles of her wine. then the liquor store only had 3 bottles. I tried.

9 minutes ago, alexava said:

Just set out all the Santa gifts. Probably the last time we get to pull this off. Ava just turned 9. That is when Alex started asking questions or not when he started but when i felt like i needed to level with him.Just put out an 8ft teddy bear and about a million other things. Including 2 gallons of elmers glue and 15bottles of contact lens cleaning solution..... and more mess making chemicals... she makes her own slime. now to finish my wife's last one. I built her a wall tree a few days ago, ready to paint now. then made a wine case out of mostly left over plywood and 3/4" pine boards to hold 6 bottles of her wine. then the liquor store only had 3 bottles. I tried.

We do our best. My two oldest are past the "Santa isn't real" stage, but they keep it up for the younger sister, and CeCe doesn't know any better yet, being 7 months old. Oh well, he's been by already. Must have come at midnight eastern. 

n0ANBsr.jpg

We don’t wrap Santa gifts. Just a traditional thing from my childhood I guess. It’s a pain to keep it all hid. When we outgrow Santa we’ll wrap them then. 

My parents didn't either, but my wife is a glutton for punishment, I guess. 

On 12/25/2017 at 8:48 AM, alexava said:

We don’t wrap Santa gifts. Just a traditional thing from my childhood I guess. It’s a pain to keep it all hid. When we outgrow Santa we’ll wrap them then. 

We just switched from this yesterday. Had been reading that it negatively affects kids confidence if santa brings their friend a new xbox but only brings them a pair of socks.

So this year santa brought the kids the essentials, clothes-n-stuff.... which means santa also switched to being the wrapper of gifts for the first time... kids made note of it, but didn't seem to really care :lol:

Archived