Jordan Hare Construction

TopShelfTiger

I'm not completely sure of the extent of what's going on right now, but I understand that it's basically finishing off renovating the concourses and restrooms, which was supposed to happen last off season when they added the new sections but they ran out of money. The capacity to my knowledge will still be 87,451 of your closest friends.

They are working on the concourse and bathrooms, I noticed when I was on the transit last week that the bathrooms in the student section have been gutted. I've been to Neyland and Tiger stadiums and those concourses are terrible, small and narrow and with poor lighting. Jordan-Hare is going to even more special once they get the concourse done and put up iron and brick around it like Plainsman Park.

I really wish they would add more seats to total over 90,000. I hear that bammer is adding some more seats and that their stadium capacity will pass us by a thousand or so in a couple of years. I sure hope we don't let that stand for long.

I really wish they would add more seats to total over 90,000.  I hear that bammer is adding some more seats and that their stadium capacity will pass us by a thousand or so in a couple of years.  I sure hope we don't let that stand for long.

151429[/snapback]

What are you talking about? No school in the country seats more people than Auburn.

Do the math: Jordan Hare East + Jordan Hare West = #1 in the country. :big:

When I went to Bryant-Denny earlier this past football season, a man that volunteers at the stadium said they are enclosing the one end of the upper deck and should be about 93,000.

if that is true then on football saturdays they will probably have a collective whole set of teeth in the stadium

Just heard that Jordan-Hare will combine seating expansion and bathroom renovation for when UAT comes to play, ie special visitor seating.....unfortunately, UAT fans may be confused as to why the men sit in a different section than the women..... it's rollling, baby.

Jordan-Hare Stadium Construction Update

"Tracking the Tigers" recently caught up with the Director of Athletic Facilities, Randy Byars to discuss the renovation of Jordan-Hare Stadium. The first phase of the project was finished prior to the start of the 2004 season and included the renovation of the suites and the addition of suites and seats to the upper deck. The second phase of the project will start this month.

Q: What does this phase consist of?

A: "It includes the renovation of the main concourse to increase the number of bathrooms and make them look a lot better. It also includes the renovation of the concessions stands so they are a lot better. The number of points of sale in the concessions will not change."

"Phase 1C actually has two phases in it. The first phase will include the north and south end zone areas. It will take the existing bathrooms and concessions and completely renovate them. Then we'll play this season and will do the east and west bathrooms and concesssion renovations. The east and west need a lot more work."

Q: What type of aesthetic renovations can fans expect to see?

A: "All the chain length fence that is on the main concourse and the entrance gate will be replaced by a tubular steel fence. It will match Plainsman Park's look, but without the brick columns."

"The lighting will be upgraded throughout the concourse so there will be a brighter concourse. The flooring will be concrete. The north and south concourse are already concrete. The east and west flooring will be changed to concrete from asphalt."

"We will keep the closed circuit monitors in the concourse. Some locations may move, but they will essentially remain the same."

Q: What kind of changes can fans expect on the field level?

A: "They are in the middle of fixing the drainage problem. Then they will come back in and do a restoration of the field. We are going to have a new fence on both sides with a tubular steel look instead of putting the chain link fence back. We will have also have a little different hedge look."

The current construction at JHS is actually adding quite a few "seats". But (no pun intended), they will all have holes in them, with obstructed views! (Significantly expanded restrooms on the main concourse)

The earlier post about expanding JH-West is true - a new upper deck in the north end will bring capacity up to ~91k for 2006 season. Bad news for AU? Only because the tax assessment will go up - we own that place!

As far as "running out of money" for this year's JHS work, the stuff from the papers last year never said they stopped work because of money - it said that the construction was to be "phased" around football season.

When they talk about upgrading the concourse, restrooms, & concessions, they never mention the upper decks. Does anyone know if the renovations include the facilities upstairs as well as down? I know the upper decks are newer, but the restrooms and concessions could use some work and we've never had closed circuit (our seats are in 101).

Tubs was quoted during a DAY A "we are adding seats over the next 3 years." I would like to know: "how many and when"?

Tubs was quoted during a DAY A "we are adding seats over the next 3 years." I would like to know: "how many and when"?

152095[/snapback]

over the next 3 years............ :big:

152095[/snapback]

Where was this quote?

Sorry to lecture about the economics of stadia, but....

One problem right now is general demand. Sure, we could fill another 10,000 seats for UGA, Bama, LSU, UT, or UF. But, look at this past year - we had a great team, but could still not sell-out a non-televised conference game against UK. One obvious rebuttal there is that we have to allot 10,000 or so seats for the visiting conference school, so when the unsold portion of those are returned the week of the game by the poorly-traveling UK's, Vandy's, and MSU's of the world, we are hard-pressed to turn them around. So, we are left with empty seats. Also, bad nonconference games lead to empty seats. Keep in mind that season books are limited to maybe 76,000 or so, to leave that required alotment for the schools who will travel well. That means that we'll always have single-game and "mini-season" tickets (i.e. no UGA or Bama) that need to be sold in addition to the full season packages. And, as long as there are still those tickets available for walk-up, it may be hard to justify adding seats.

Now, another way to increase stadium capacity and revenue (and a bigger "bang for the buck" return on the construction costs) would be to add "premium" seating - club seats and suites. An end zone upper deck would only come along with some significant component of premium seating driving the project. (That is why there was a new section 99 and 114 on the east upper deck this past season - the 12 or so new suites underneath will pay for the 1800 new general seats above). The marginal return on that upper deck seat sometimes just does not pay off - it is the most expensive seat in the house to build, yet offers the lowest return (last seat sold, with lowest price).

Archived