UAW vs. The United States Marines

Tigermike

From the "Non Compos Mentis" Files...

We're guessing Ron Gettelfinger had a Maalox moment this week. Gettelfinger, a union boss for the United Auto Workers, told Detroit-area Marine reservists that they could no longer use the UAW's Solidarity House parking lot as an overflow lot

if their vehicles were not union-made, or if they displayed any bumper stickers supporting their Commander in Chief. When Gettelfinger's rebuff of the Marines was reported by the local press, the UAW was flooded with complaints from across the nation, prompting him to rescind the order.

"I made the wrong call on the parking issue, and I have notified the Marine Corps that all reservists are welcome to park at Solidarity House as they have for the past ten years," said Gettelfinger, but the Marines rejected the offer. "I let him know that I understand he has rescinded his decision," said Lt. Col. Joe Rutledge, "However, I've made my decision -- either you support the Marines or you don't."

Former commanding officer of the 1st Battalion, 24th Marines, Russ Paquette, said of the UAW, "The Marines who fought at Iwo Jima -- including yours truly -- and those who are now in Iraq took an oath to defend this country and its citizens. There is nothing in the oath which indicates that Marines will only fight for citizens who drive certain automobiles, or who voted in the last election for a certain president."

http://federalistpatriot.us/pub/05-11_Digest.htm

Everyone knows the UAW is for free speech... as long as you do and say exactly as they tell you to do.

Archived